2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silva

This is the reason I think Biden stands a chance against Trump. These are the type of ads you need to hit the Trump support. The fact that Biden himself called the china ban racist doesn't matter -- not to the Trump voters. They don't care if Trump lies, is a racist or any of that. It's the belief that Trump is "America first" and democrats need to hit that hard.
for every asian we lose in michigan we'll get two racists in alabama

lsd

The Oracle

This is the reason I think Biden stands a chance against Trump. These are the type of ads you need to hit the Trump support. The fact that Biden himself called the china ban racist doesn't matter -- not to the Trump voters. They don't care if Trump lies, is a racist or any of that. It's the belief that Trump is "America first" and democrats need to hit that hard.

Didn't see this in Bernie and the current political landscape just isn't there for him. It's too polarized.

That is really good . I hope he wins and i think he will . Trump's fanbase is noisy and ignorant of real facts but i feel they are the minority in US now

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
That is really good . I hope he wins and i think he will . Trump's fanbase is noisy and ignorant of real facts but i feel they are the minority in US now
Looking at the popular vote they were before
you will see (selective) voter suppression and gerrymandering like never before
I think trump will win albeit closer than it would otherwise have been

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Looking at the popular vote they were before
you will see (selective) voter suppression and gerrymandering like never before
I think trump will win albeit closer than it would otherwise have been
There are just so many variables at play right now, almost impossible to predict.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
There are just so many variables at play right now, almost impossible to predict.
indeed - i just see it being a dirty fight and i think that suits trump better - but at this stage its largely gut feel

and If trump does loose in November - who really sees him handing over power in Jan - its going to be legal battles and telling his supporters to take their guns to the street and fight for him

Foxbatt

indeed - i just see it being a dirty fight and i think that suits trump better - but at this stage its largely gut feel

and If trump does loose in November - who really sees him handing over power in Jan - its going to be legal battles and telling his supporters to take their guns to the street and fight for him

He doesn't have to. It automatically become that he is no longer the president unless he takes the oath. The same with Pence. It becomes vacant unless a new president takes the oath. If he wins he still has to take a new oath according to what I know.
If there is no issues in the voting( like Al Gore) then I don't think the law enforcement and the courts would intervene. I can't see many accepting violence if he loses without any voting issues.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He doesn't have to. It automatically become that he is no longer the president unless he takes the oath. The same with Pence. It becomes vacant unless a new president takes the oath. If he wins he still has to take a new oath according to what I know.
If there is no issues in the voting( like Al Gore) then I don't think the law enforcement and the courts would intervene. I can't see many accepting violence if he loses without any voting issues.
Oh theres gonna be voting issues ... (or at least they are going to be claimed)
Dems fraudulant mail votes
Illegal immigrants voting
China doing "somethhing" to help Hunter and his corrupt daddy etc etc

Precaution

He & Pence will both have to leave office regardless of an Election taking place once their terms expire, it'll fall first onto Pelosi but she's up for reelection too so if she for whatever reason goes then some really old dude from Iowa for some reason takes temporary place.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...e-2020-election-here-s-what-constitution-says

nimic

something nice
Scout
I've seen this suggestion a few times now, and I really don't understand it at all. There is zero percent chance Trump somehow hangs on to power after losing an election. Is he going to talk about a stolen stolen election? Voter fraud? Corruption? A coup? Very probably. But Trump wanting to stay in power doesn't have any bearing on Trump actually saying in power. What's he going to do, just refuse to move out of the White House? The police isn't going to support him. The military isn't going to support him.

Some Republican members of Congress might support him but the majority won't, because if they eventually lose (which they will), they're absolutely screwed.

Last edited:

freeurmind

weak willed
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/18/us/politics/bernie-sanders-voters-biden.html

“I’ll hold my nose and vote for Biden,” she said.
Her 31-year-old son, Mason Blow, is another matter. A staunch Sanders supporter, he voted for a third-party candidate in 2016. Ms. Manning said she and her sister were “working on him” to vote for Mr. Biden, to prevent a second Trump term.

“He said he won’t vote for Biden, he’s going to write in Bernie this time,” Ms. Manning said. “The younger people, they’re not used to having their dream crushed as we are.”

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I've seen this suggestion a few times now, and I really don't understand it at all. There is zero percent chance Trump somehow hangs on to power after losing an election. Is he going to talk about a stolen stolen election? Voter fraud? Corruption? A coup? Very probably. But Trump wanting to stay in power doesn't have any bearing on Trump actually saying in power. What's the going to do, just refuse to move out of the White House? The police isn't going to support him. The military isn't going to support him.

Some Republican members of Congress might support him but the majority won't, because if they eventually lose (which they will), they're absolutely screwed.
The true ‘deep state’ will be activated if Donald tries any tricks to stay in power. By that I mean Senators and rich people, or basically $$$ which is the true deep state; chaos is bad for business.

But I agree that it won’t happen, and any attempt will just be so much bluster.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's incredibly rare that someone crashes while driving blind folded, with their hands tied behind their back, in the locked boot of their own car but I guess there's not enough doubt for anything other than a misadventure verdict.

It's good that Barr has ordered a full investigation though and the rookie highway patrol officers are going to take the fall for... something?.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

The Republicans do a better job hitting from the left than Bernie ever did.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Dude, you've gone full loco. Are you actually enjoying this now?
"The Republicans do a better job hitting from the left than Bernie ever did."

I did a long reply to Revan about what I think about this election, it's on this same page.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
She's also quite comfortably the most qualified of the group.
She has her faults, but anyone acting like she’s just more of the same haven’t been paying attention.

I am still not sold on her for VP even though she was the 1B to Bernie as 1A for me, mind. I’m on board with winning this election at all costs, hence someone from the upper Midwest or helping Joe with the Latino vote (whomever that may be).

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Trump suspends immigration temporarily. I bet he's going to drag this out to November and he's going to win solely based on this while hard left nutters gloat that it's definitive proof of Healthcare measures.

If the Democratic party takes a hard-line stance on immigration, bet it will win whoever is on the ticket.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Trump suspends immigration temporarily. I bet he's going to drag this out to November and he's going to win solely based on this while hard left nutters gloat that it's definitive proof of Healthcare measures.

If the Democratic party takes a hard-line stance on immigration, bet it will win whoever is on the ticket.
what the point of having a left party then

Precaution

Trumps lust to be a Dictator is on the home finishing line.

Drifter

American
They've had 12 years to come up with an alternative to Obamcare. Be a real kick in the teeth if they were to adopt Bernie's idea.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Doubt that. With the pandemic, healthcare and economy will take precedence too. However it will help the dems to take more controlled immigration stance.

Drifter

American
This is how you do an ad. Unfortunately it's the Republicans again.

We know Republicans could not give a feck about the middle/working class either ,but their jabs are hitting the target.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Sanders is on Pod Saves this week - and he's excellent. Kinda sad that he's so articulate and clear relative to Biden.

I suppose it's significantly more sad that such sensible views were interpreted as unelectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.