2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanH

Fingers crossed.

This is just another reason why Biden should rethink his ad pull.
Keep it in place long enough to establish a clear high road, re-establish it afterwards (obviously depending on the health of the Trump). I would hope that people know enough about Trump that a few days without attack ads wouldn't matter. If you want to focus an ad, make it a public health message to wear masks, the criticism of the Trump response should be enough.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It might have been mentioned already but it just dawned on me that aside from hurting himself more in "debates" - its clear Biden and connected parties have a massive financial advantage in running ads - especially if the Trump campaign virtually running dry is to be believed, which in that case - yes, Biden being nice about pulling attack ads can also be seen as a convenient way for Trump to have the playing field leveled on that end. Sympathy tour benefits aside. This new meek version of Trump is very out of character.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Fecking stupid bastard, He was up 12-13 points before this. Hopefully it’ll get drowned out by the Trump drama.

It would be classic Democrats to end up not regaining the Senate just because one guy couldn’t keep his dick in his pants..

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I've been trying to figure out who this benefits.

Boris and Bolsanaro got a bump during/after their illness. However, for Boris at least, it didn't last long, his govt's virus handling was bad enough that the sympathy was lost. A one-month bump in polling will suit Trump just fine though.

OTOH, none of those were facing an election, and so the urgency of the question of who runs govt wasn't there. And Trump has the most committed haters among any electorate out of these three, baked-in favourables and unfavourables to a large extent. And he is seen as personally responsible for the virus to an extent as well.

I think overall it benefits Biden quite decisively.

Drifter

American
Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll as Biden up 14 Nationally since after the debate.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I've been trying to figure out who this benefits.

Boris and Bolsanaro got a bump during/after their illness. However, for Boris at least, it didn't last long, his govt's virus handling was bad enough that the sympathy was lost. A one-month bump in polling will suit Trump just fine though.

OTOH, none of those were facing an election, and so the urgency of the question of who runs govt wasn't there. And Trump has the most committed haters among any electorate out of these three, baked-in favourables and unfavourables to a large extent. And he is seen as personally responsible for the virus to an extent as well.

I think overall it benefits Biden quite decisively.
A lot depends on Trump’s recovery obviously. If he bounces back decisively ten days or so before the election it might persuade some of his strong-horse aura.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
They would be fecked, since there wouldn't be enough time to get another candidate on the ballot.
Just looked it up.

People vote for Electors who choose the president. So the states can force their Electors to choose another candidate.

So if he passes away before winner is declared, then House of Representatives has a big say...and looks like in some delegation grouping, GOP has majority there too.

So the House elections are very important coming November.

nimic

something nice
Scout
:)

The monthly Democracy Institute Sunday Express poll for the Presidential election shows that Mr Trump is still on course for victory with 46 percent of the popular support compared to his Democrat rival Joe Biden’s 45 percent.

However, his overall lead has dropped by two points since the last poll in September.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Just looked it up.

People vote for Electors who choose the president. So the states can force their Electors to choose another candidate.

So if he passes away before winner is declared, then House of Representatives has a big say...and looks like in some delegation grouping, GOP has majority there too.

So the House elections are very important coming November.
There wouldn't be enough time to do any of this before the people actually vote in November. Too many people have already voted to change who the nominee is.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Wasnt sure where else to put this but im pretty pissed off about this: my 6 year old was playing with armymen toys and my father in law thought it would be appropriate to tell him to "shoot Joe Biden" and "Kick Joe Biden's ass"

Im fuming. I purposely avoid sharing my thoughts about politics in their household and then he says something like that to my kid. He s said arguably worse stuff even but to say that to my child just pisses me off beyond belief. Im about ready to tell him that he wont be able to see his grandchildren for a while.

Am I over-reacting?

GiddyUp

Wasnt sure where else to put this but im pretty pissed off about this: my 6 year old was playing with armymen toys and my father in law thought it would be appropriate to tell him to "shoot Joe Biden" and "Kick Joe Biden's ass"

Im fuming. I purposely avoid sharing my thoughts about politics in their household and then he says something like that to my kid. He s said arguably worse stuff even but to say that to my child just pisses me off beyond belief. Im about ready to tell him that he wont be able to see his grandchildren for a while.

Am I over-reacting?
You should have the conversation with your six year old standing there. Explain to the person that should know better that trump's behavior is unacceptable and bullying and mocking people shouldn't be tolerated.

Charlie Foley

Am I over-reacting?
No you are not over-reacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.