2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

sport2793

Florida was a painful one in the last election. It was the point where I went from having a few beers and watching it unfold wit interest to breaking out the whiskey and getting depressed-wasted.
Yep once the vote dump in Broward county didn't come, I knew we were all in deep deep trouble.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
We walked similar paths that night
I just sat on the couch laughing (and not in a fun way)

I almost had the same experience with the Jones/Moore election. That thing flipped in literally the time it took me to walk to the kegerator and pour a misery beer.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
And I think this would be your experience in the US as well depending on where you live. When we lived in Alabama my line was at the most 5-10 minutes, but we lived in a very red district (F-king Gary Palmer, look that asshole up). Just a few miles away, in Teri Sewell's district, which was gerrymandered like you wouldn't believe to include all the AA's they could in one district, the lines were much much longer as there were fewer places to actually vote.
I waited over an hour in 2016 in Warner Robins, GA, but I also waited to the last day.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, if he loses Florida it is over. I don't the a Republican has won without winning Florida in a long (50+???) time.
1924 - Calvin Coolidge
Interesting. Found this on YouTube tracking every US election result recorded. Some big Republican victories for Nixon and Reagan.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
And I think this would be your experience in the US as well depending on where you live. When we lived in Alabama my line was at the most 5-10 minutes, but we lived in a very red district (F-king Gary Palmer, look that asshole up). Just a few miles away, in Teri Sewell's district, which was gerrymandered like you wouldn't believe to include all the AA's they could in one district, the lines were much much longer as there were fewer places to actually vote.
I confused Palmer with the late reverend Gary Aldridge of Alabama when you said ‘look that asshole up.’ You remember this gem? (just now learned he was a Liberty University alum, that is so fitting):

https://news.exchristian.net/2007/10/church-pastor-dies-while-enjoying.html?m=1

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It is quite poetic how they referred to the dildo & its location.
That might be the perfect example of the hypocrisy you so often see. I love the “please don’t speculate” comment. These same people would probably be the first to condemn a gay couple. Although, come to think of it, maybe a rubber donkey dick “entrenched in (your) anus” doesn’t count as being one of them gays?

sport2793

The diversity of human sexual preferences never ceases to amaze me. Truly astounding.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
That high private ownership of guns is not what drives gun violence and murders. Furthermore that is has no relevance to overall murder and suicide rates.
Huh? Where do all these guns that kill people come from? And there is a very strong correlation between gun ownership and the rate (not gross numbers) of gun deaths.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I know... Who wears two wetsuits?
Imagine how extreme his arousal requirements become that he required double the compression with an object shoved up his rectum. Technically, triple the compression with the rubberized underwear. And hogtied*. Dude was truly searching the highest of all climaxes.

*Which means there had to be at least one other person present to do the tying, right? It's physically impossible to hogtie oneself?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
they need to up the dose!

give him what trump's got

The Firestarter

they need to up the dose!

give him what trump's got

Surreal. How long do you give for Biden to giveth to Kamala in case he wins ?

EDIT:
Apparently he was describing his first senate run, but "mixed his tenses ". Not sure how forgetting Romney can be spinned...

prateik

Has there ever been a more one-sided race?

It's almost like both sides are running for Biden,

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Surreal. How long do you give for Biden to giveth to Kamala in case he wins ?

EDIT:
Apparently he was describing his first senate run, but "mixed his tenses ". Not sure how forgetting Romney can be spinned...
he's said the exact thing in the primary too, the only way i realised it's now was the mask.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United

thread

Here's a link to the opinion: http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/20/20-50867-CV0.pdf
basic justification said:
First, the district court vastly overstated the “character and magnitude” of the burden allegedly placed on voting rights by the October 1 Proclamation. Indeed, one strains to see how it burdens voting at all. After all, the proclamation is part of the Governor’s expansion of opportunities to cast an absentee ballot in Texas well beyond the stricter confines of the Election Code.
The Governor’s July 27 Proclamation effectively extended that hand-delivery option by forty days, and the impact of the October 1 Proclamation can be measured only against that baseline. To be sure, the proclamation requires a single designated drop-off location per county during the expanded forty-day period. But that represents merely a partial refinement of the bounds of a still-existing expansion of absentee voting opportunities.
The July 27 and October 1 Proclamations— which must be read together to make sense—are beyond any doubt measures that “make[] it easier” for eligible Texans to vote absentee. How this expansion of voting opportunities burdens anyone’s right to vote is a mystery.
But even if we focused myopically on the voting options restricted by the October 1 Proclamation, as the district court did, we would still find no more than a de minimis burden on the right to vote. The district court emphasized that some absentee voters would have to travel farther to drop off mail ballots at a centralized location and that, as a result, would confront a higher risk of exposure to coronavirus. The court also warned that voters unwilling or unable to do so would “risk[] . . . disenfranchisement if the USPS is unable to deliver their ballots on time.” This drastic picture painted by the district court fails to account for the numerous ways Texans can vote early or absentee in the November 3 election. As we have recounted, under the Governor’s expansion of voting opportunities, Texans can (1) vote early in-person for an expanded period starting on October 13 (as opposed to the previous early-voting period starting on October 19); (2) hand-deliver a marked mail ballot during a forty-day period starting on September 19 (as opposed to the previous one day—Election Day—on which this was permitted); or(3) drop an absentee ballot in the mail. In light of those options, the October 1 Proclamation’s partial refinement of one avenue for absentee voting does not amount to a “severe restriction” on the right to vote.
Translation - obvious partisan hackery.
Quite obviously voters in an area with no ballot drop off box have less chance of dropping off ballots than an area with one. Granted, to that extent Abbott's proclamations have expanded voting rights. Equally obviously if five counties with 100k citizens each receive five drop off boxes while a lone county with 500k citizens receives but one then it is self evident that the five counties are at a significant competitive advantage.​
Here's an interesting series of facts:​
  • Loving County, Texas has a population of 169. Harris County has a population of 4,713,325.
  • Each gets one drop-off box.
  • It would take the population of the 214 smallest of Texas' 254 total counties to approach the population of Harris County .
  • The judges consider it a mystery that there is any complaint when one population of 5 million has access to 214 drop off boxes, while another 5 million have access to one.
To see how intellectually dishonest this group of judges are being imagine this is a 110m hurdles race in the decathlon. Athlete A has 5 hurdles removed, athlete B just the 1. When athlete B complains that the new rules leave him with more hurdles to overcome than his competitor, the response from officials is "you've had one hurdle removed, I fail to see what on earth you could be complaining about. I mean, you still have nine other events to compete in for Christ's sake."

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Wilson and Schmidt have been pretty anti-Trump since 2016. Conway became anti-Trump about a year or so into the term.
To be heard = For those clearly understandable and digestible messages being pushed out.

They’re great lines of attack. They’re just really late in the final act is all.

Perhaps they’ve been regular for four years but never made it anywhere I read. But these feel like new, clear headed messages to me.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

Here's a link to the opinion: http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/20/20-50867-CV0.pdf

Translation - obvious partisan hackery.
Quite obviously voters in an area with no ballot drop off box have less chance of dropping off ballots than an area with one. Granted, to that extent Abbott's proclamations have expanded voting rights. Equally obviously if five counties with 100k citizens each receive five drop off boxes while a lone county with 500k citizens receives but one then it is self evident that the five counties are at a significant competitive advantage.​
To see how intellectually dishonest this group of judges are being imagine this is a 110m hurdles race in the decathlon. Athlete A has 5 hurdles removed, athlete B just the 1. When athlete B complains that the new rules leave him with more hurdles to overcome than his competitor, the response from officials is "you've had one hurdle removed, I fail to see what on earth you could be complaining about. I mean, you still have nine other events to compete in for Christ's sake."​
Here's an interesting fact: Loving County, Texas has a population of 169. Harris County has a population of 4,713,325.​
The fact that there’s a limit to how easy it should be for people to vote, nevermind that the governor and judges, all appointed by a guy with a huge stake in the election, can decide it is mental.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yet the democrats decided to run a candidate that claimed mitch should be voted out because he stood in the way of trump implementing his policies.......i wish i was joking.
I look at this like a bad horror movie. Both parties are soulless monsters intent only on self preservation, but first we need to kill the rampaging racist vampire before then double tapping the bumbling, incompetent zombie. Priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.