2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBoredom

http://steveschale.com/blog/2020/10/12/florida-22-days-out-why-am-i-still-doing-this-to-myself.html

at just under 5.6 million vote by mail requests, if return rates roughly model 2016, that means about 4.6 million voters will cast a ballot by mail - if not another person requests a ballot. In the 2020 primary, return rates exceeded return rates in the 2018 primary – so that might indicate higher overall return rates. Then again, it might not.

That being said, as of today, about 30% of all ballots have already been returned – so return rates are running well ahead of where we were in 2016 at this point. Again, it is too early for me to take a gander on whether this means anything for return rates overall – so let’s check back on that in week.

Overall, there are 785,000 more Democratic requests than Republican ones – and as of this morning, 362,547 more Democrats have returned ballots than Republicans.

BUT.

Keep in mind, while this is a good thing, a significant part of this is due to the fact people are changing the way they vote – with more Democrats voting by mail, and arguably, more Republicans waiting to vote on Election Day.

Of the 844K Democrats who had voted by mail as of Sunday night (the changes weren't significant on Monday morning), about 720K of them voted in 2016 and/or 2018 – or about 85% of the Democratic ballots.

Of the 485K Republicans who had voted by Sunday night, about 430K of them voted in 2016 and/or 2018 – roughly 89% of the GOP ballots.

For the NPA voters, it is about 79% of their 330K ballots that fall into a 2016 and/or 2018 voter model.

Drifter

American

vote for democrats!
Both as bad as each other, Both could not care less about the plight of those suffering. But she did get one thing right MSM are apologists for Republicans.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Looks like Hunter Biden will be this elections Hilary‘s email leaks. Trump will be all over this yet again.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This is going to be awesome. Watch, this is going to turn into GOP lawsuits alleging voter fraud.

It would be like me having an affair, and then seeking to pay no alimony as I was seeking to leave an unfaithful marriage.

Idiots.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
NY Post? Yeah, I'll pass for a bit. Surprised that the pic didn't have bigfoot in it.
NY Post :lol:

Are they the worst paper with some bigger visibility? Or does that prize still go to the National Enquirer/Examiner/whatever?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
NYT ran a very similar story early in the primary. I thought at the time it could become the equivalent of Hillary's emails but at this stage I don't think anybody gives a feck. It's mostly about the son whom he's already kindof distant from, and he showed in the debate how he can answer the question - by pretending it is about his military/prosecutor dead son.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's all about the ratings

Employees livid at NBC after network ‘rewards’ Trump’s debate withdrawal with solo town hall: report

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/em...debate-withdrawal-with-solo-town-hall-report/

NBC Rewards Trump After He Runs From Debate

I don't see this as anything but bad for Trump, since he tends to perform poorly when he's asked proper questions by moderators and audience members. Obviously if Hannity were the moderator on Fox, it would be a farce, but this seems like yet another chance or Trump say something completely idiotic which then dominates the ensuing 48hours of news cycles.

lynchie

Its one poll. Others may have it a bit closer and Trump may win some of the states where he's only down by a couple of points at the moment (or not). At this point both sides are trying their hardest to turn out as many people as possible.
I'm working on the assumption that all the toss ups, including Florida and Ohio end up going for Trump, but Pa, Wi and Mi allow Biden to scrape over the line. Similarly, the senate will end up 50/50.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It's all very predictable. Shouldnt be too hard to counter that with the tons of scandals surrounding the Trump fam. In fact, id be surprised if they weren't ready for that this time. But yes, NY Post is worse than the National Enquirer these days.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Holy feck. This is definitely going to convince Trump’s base not to vote for Hunter Biden‘s Dad.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Big Tech social media being accused of censorship to protect Biden
Seems to be a legit claim

If the link has been identified as being erroneous or harmful, Twitter have every right to not allow it to be shared on their platform.

As a private company, Twitter have every right to decide what is shared in their platform regardless.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If the link has been identified as being erroneous or harmful, Twitter have every right to not allow it to be shared on their platform.

As a private company, Twitter have every right to decide what is shared in their platform regardless.
Yep, just like the NY Post has every right to decide to share whatever they want on their platform, regardless of whether or not its complete bullshit.

Libano

Big Tech social media being accused of censorship to protect Biden
Seems to be a legit claim

The gloves are well and truly coming off. This is exploding all over Twitter. I wonder how long they have been sitting on this info just to break it weeks before the election.

It will only get crazier from here on out.

Libano

Yep, just like the NY Post has every right to decide to share whatever they want on their platform, regardless of whether or not its complete bullshit.
If it’s bullshit they’ll get the mother of all defamation lawsuits dumped on them. Remember how Peter Thiel finished Gawker?

So far, nothing.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The gloves are well and truly coming off. This is exploding all over Twitter. I wonder how long they have been sitting on this info just to break it weeks before the election.

Much more interesting is that Trump will probably turn the town hall NBC scheduled for him into that specifically, and with Biden‘s town hall being on at the same time - be looking to lure "open-minded" viewers there. Wouldn't be surprised if ABC and NBC will be watching social media to play them off of each other indirectly.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Bless your little cottons

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Doesn't matter if he does it to the R's, it was a valid line of questioning and I applaud him for it.
Look, I have no problem with him grilling Pelosi, she is terrible and needs to retire 15 years ago. But where was Blitzer grilling Rs when the Dems presented their 3 and 2.2 trillion packages? Why didn't he wheel out turtle man then and pressed him like this?

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale

Hunter was trending on twitter earlier but knocked off by Harry Maguire ;)

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Look, I have no problem with him grilling Pelosi, she is terrible and needs to retire 15 years ago. But where was Blitzer grilling Rs when the Dems presented their 3 and 2.2 trillion packages? Why didn't he wheel out turtle man then and pressed him like this?
I can't remember the last time I saw McTurtle on CNN.

cyberman

So tv stations can be partisan as anything but Twitter has to be straight down the middle? Where did those standards cone from?

Status
Not open for further replies.