2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Lefties are the ones who suffer the most when SNS do clean-ups on their platform, not the right wingers. Occasionally you have the likes of Alex Jones who found a way to off himself despite the lenient treatment but generally those ‘merchants of hate, fear and manipulation’ are unaffected because they’ve perfected the Orwellian doublespeak approved on those platforms.
Well, if that's the case I hope they find ways to avoid that happening. I'd say that the recent clamp downs on everything from Russian disinformation campaigns to African-Americans for Trump bots is a good start. I don't quite understand what you mean by leftist suffer the most though(?)

I'd say Trump definitely is suffering now that they're limiting his usual modus operandi of spreading fear and false information. I would also assume that FB has done something about the way his campaign was using big data to manipulate voters on all sides in 2016.

Drifter

American

Never thought that he could be unseated, But he looks genuinely worried.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s going to have the cushtiest of jobs on Fox News getting paid a fecking fortune.

Dr. StrangeHate

Never thought that he could be unseated, But he looks genuinely worried.
60 million in campaign money for a candidate who is more than likely to lose. Then we had Lincoln project founders paying themselves 20 million I think. American politics is the place to be.

Raulduke

Interesting thread summarizing what MAGA twitter are getting all hot and bothered about...

Completely coincidental that this appears right after the Durham investigation turns up nothing useful for Trump :rolleyes:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
@Libano

A nice summary of the conspiracy theory from Reddit:

Why should any platform give users the right to share such damaging nonsense without any checks and balances?
That sounds extremely plausible. Such a great coincidence that they found it right before the election too. I believe this is 100% true.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
He’s going to have the cushtiest of jobs on Fox News getting paid a fecking fortune.
Doubt it. He is remarkably uninteresting. His entire career now revolves around doing/saying whatever it takes to get re-elected and so he no longer has any personal values. He would absolutely boring unless he was dish dirt.

Raulduke

Trump beginning a retweeting binge on the Hunter Biden laptop conspiracy including from an account with 666 in their handle. The evangelicals will love that no doubt :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Guardian reports 14 million early votes have been cast (presumably with a clear majority for Biden).

Even if Trump pulls back the deficit that is a lot of votes already cast for his opponent (you would presume).

EDIT: Figures are here - https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html
I could justify presuming their mostly Trump.

His fans are mental
It’s easier to vote in Red states that will stay red.

I’m not saying it’s in Trumps favour. But to assume Trump supporters are all on the day voters is risky.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Trump beginning a retweeting binge on the Hunter Biden laptop conspiracy including from an account with 666 in their handle. The evangelicals will love that no doubt :lol:
Standard Q doctrine is ‘Whatever you see is the opposite’.

So 666 is the mark of Christ.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
That Hunter Biden thing looked vaguely believable at first glance, without considering the laptop technician too much; but after reading that Reddit it's clear that it's a giant setup that was done unbelievable clumsily. I just wonder if it's the Russians (trying a hail Mary by throwing out everything at once) or Rudy himself (given how clumsily it's done) that was behind it.

owlo

@sport2793 lovely AZ poll for you today from Monmouth. +6 in high turnout is insane. How is voter suppression there? Bad or ok? There’s definitely an enthusiasm for very high turnout.

ps. I still don’t see graham losing unfortunately in sc. could happen though if it moves a bit away from trump. Also don’t see an Ossoff victory.

sport2793

@sport2793 lovely AZ poll for you today from Monmouth. +6 in high turnout is insane. How is voter suppression there? Bad or ok? There’s definitely an enthusiasm for very high turnout.

ps. I still don’t see graham losing unfortunately in sc. could happen though if it moves a bit away from trump. Also don’t see an Ossoff victory.
There is a long history of voter suppression, a lot of it baked in to existing laws that target Native Americans (big parts of the state are reservations) and other people of color. A court recently overturned laws that would have made it illegal to turn in another person's completed ballot and vote in a different precinct than the one you are assigned to. Nothing as blatant as Abbott's poll center closures, at least not yet.

The reason I dont think it will affect AZ much is that a lot of center right voters are going for Biden. Even if AZ achieves the same voter suppression percentages as previous cycles against people of color, enough white votes will probably flip to offset that I feel.

owlo

There is a long history of voter suppression, a lot of it baked in to existing laws that target Native Americans (big parts of the state are reservations) and other people of color. A court recently overturned laws that would have made it illegal to turn in another person's completed ballot and vote in a different precinct than the one you are assigned to. Nothing as blatant as Abbott's poll center closures, at least not yet.

The reason I dont think it will affect AZ much is that a lot of center right voters are going for Biden. Even if AZ achieves the same voter suppression percentages as previous cycles against people of color, enough white votes will probably flip to offset that I feel.
I’ve said it before. White males are deciding this election and making it a landslide.

I was watching the queues in Georgia and just thinking to myself, this version of democracy is so outdated. No real wonder the US and U.K. is messed up compared to countries like Canada and Australia. It needs a radical overhaul, but isn’t in the interests of those in power to make one.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Don’t see what the real issue is. Twitter was not founded to be a news source. They can be arbiter of however they want to be. There’s other social media platforms out there like Twitter one can go to if they have an issue with it.

If the left offered up such a clumsy, batshit story like this to politically hurt the right, I wouldn’t care if Twitter banned that story as long as they were consistent with it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What is Greenwald’s actual political leaning these days? I’m not sure “hates everyone on all sides” is a legitimate position.

He has a point here in their application of the rule, when really it should have been banned for disinformation.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Don’t see what the real issue is. Twitter was not founded to be a news source. They can be arbiter of however they want to be. There’s other social media platforms out there like Twitter one can go to if they have an issue with it.

If the left offered up such a clumsy, batshit story like this to politically hurt the right, I wouldn’t care if Twitter banned that story as long as they were consistent with it.
i agree, but when they say that their policy is not to let stolen data be publicized while the history shows that in other cases they did, it shows their hypocrisy

UnrelatedPsuedo

What is Greenwald’s actual political leaning these days? I’m not sure “hates everyone on all sides” is a legitimate position.

He has a point here in their application of the rule, when really it should have been banned for disinformation.
Same as it always has been. “Worship me for I do good. No matter than I’m a cnut”

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
i agree, but when they say that their policy is not to let stolen data be publicized while the history shows that in other cases they did, it shows their hypocrisy
Well, they had to set a precedent at some point. If there wasn’t any of this bullshit happening, they wouldn’t have had to. There’s a small element of hypocrisy here, sure, but that’s a small burden to bear from learning from their mistakes. Hopefully they stick to their guns going forward.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Systems, rules and laws change over time so the argument that they should be static because in the past they did a) or b) is rather spurious, don't you think?

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Systems, rules and laws change over time so the argument that they should be static because in the past they did a) or b) is rather spurious, don't you think?
right, but when they date that rule to 2018 and we see that this same year they didn't censor information that was obtained spuriously, then the hypocrisy is pretty obvious

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Well, they had to set a precedent at some point. If there wasn’t any of this bullshit happening, they wouldn’t have had to. There’s a small element of hypocrisy here, sure, but that’s a small burden to bear from learning from their mistakes. Hopefully they stick to their guns going forward.
the rule is from 2018 and they didn't apply it till now

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Twitter are not trying to influence the results of the election (which I assume is what the right wingers are getting at), but think Biden will win, so they want to make it look they they're acting responsibly so they don't get regulated once Trump is out.

Same with Facebook suddenly getting all moral out of the blue and banning QAnon and Holocaust denial.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

Greenwald seems to hate the Clintons and everyone connected to them in some shape or form. Or at least thats pretty much how he has been presenting himself for years now. If you look at his opinions through that lens then all his hating and what its targeted at makes a lot of sense. Its no wonder some folks raised questions about whose pocket he may be in. Ive found it healthier to ignore him because any facade he tries to put on about being impartial doesnt hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.