2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlo

If you listened to the podcast he says why CC will be the top priority. He says, and I agree, that addressing climate change is a moral imperative that should transcend politics. No other issue matter if the planets moves closer and closer to (or past) the point of no return.

Edit: cleaned up some stupid grammar errors.
I don't disagree, but my above points still stand. Effect structural change first, else the GOP will just roll it back at the first opportunity.

Completely stolen from twitter:

It’s rigor tortoise
:lol:

WPMUFC

“I think the Senate is tough actually. The Senate is very tough,” Trump said at a fundraiser Thursday at the Nashville Marriott, according to an attendee. “There are a couple senators I can’t really get involved in. I just can’t do it. You lose your soul if you do. I can’t help some of them. I don’t want to help some of them.”
These fools, for lack of a better term, cucked themselves for 4 years to a TV game show host and now he's just going to burn it all down and take them with him. *chef kiss*

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

These fools, for lack of a better term, cucked themselves for 4 years to a TV game show host and now he's just going to burn it all down and take them with him. *chef kiss*
Although, at this point, you have to wonder what Trump's support would do. The senators he doesn't want to help are probably quietly distancing themselves from him in their campaigns to stand any chance; Trump barging might effectively end their campaigns.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Love this. It goes from telling the uneducated drek who attend his rallies that ‘they will win back the House’ to honesty with his truly core constituents.

Reminds me a bit of George W. Bush calling the elite ‘the have & have mores’ & that they were his base, but at least Bush delivered these lines with humor at the Al Smith dinner.

WPMUFC

Although, at this point, you have to wonder what Trump's support would do. The senators he doesn't want to help are probably quietly distancing themselves from him in their campaigns to stand any chance; Trump barging might effectively end their campaigns.
agree with this to an extent, however i'd argue actively being shunned by the president/leader of your party also works to depress your "locked in" vote.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
agree with this to an extent, however i'd argue actively being shunned by the president/leader of your party also works to depress your "locked in" vote.
Yeah, it's a catch 22 of course. Good to see them in that situation.

Libano

The Hunter thing is possibly going to bury Biden. People are rightly stating that it’s not him running for office, but if your son ends up smoking crack and frequenting prostitutes, you have failed as a father in the eyes of many. If you can’t lead a family, how can you lead a country?

The drip feed of revelations is only going to get worse the coming days. Bannon and Giuliani have been sitting on this info since 2019 and are executing this in a way that hurts Biden the most.

What I don’t understand: The Dems must have known this as well since they have the necessary ties to the FBI. Why did they even nominate such a heavily compromised candidate?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
:lol:

The truth is nobody gives a shit about the Hunter Biden story. US have bigger issues it's not going to sway voters in any way. It's not the Clinton email scandal and hasn't effected Biden's popularity in the slightest.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
If you can't stop minimizing 200k+ citizens of your country dying, how can you lead a country?

If you can't stop having a bank account in the country you blame for the virus that killed 200k+ of your citizens and you paid 400 times more tax to that country than you did to your own, how can you lead a country?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The Hunter thing is possibly going to bury Biden. People are rightly stating that it’s not him running for office, but if your son ends up smoking crack and frequenting prostitutes, you have failed as a father in the eyes of many. If you can’t lead a family, how can you lead a country?

The drip feed of revelations is only going to get worse the coming days. Bannon and Giuliani have been sitting on this info since 2019 and are executing this in a way that hurts Biden the most.

What I don’t understand: The Dems must have known this as well since they have the necessary ties to the FBI. Why did they even nominate such a heavily compromised candidate?
What you mean like the stories of trumps golden showers with Russian hookers?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If you can't stop minimizing 200k+ citizens of your country dying, how can you lead a country?

If you can't stop having a bank account in the country you blame for the virus that killed 200k+ of your citizens and you paid 400 times more tax to that country than you did to your own, how can you lead a country?
Good points well made

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

I think you may be delusional and living in an alternative reality at right angles to the rest of us.

Dr. StrangeHate

How come no one has asked him this question yet?

InfiniteBoredom

Do you realize how many millions of people have already voted? If they really were sitting on stuff to release this late, they've essentially killed their own campaign. It's too late.
You are talking to a dude who thinks betting market trumps polls when it comes to predictive power.

GiddyUp

Is hunter biden 15 years old?

InfiniteBoredom

Or "do your own research", unless a blind laptop repair man in Delaware does it for you.
Or told a qualified M.D that he doesn’t understand science.

As Isaac Asimov said

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

:lol::houllier::rolleyes::houllier::lol::houllier::rolleyes::houllier::lol:

What utter lunacy this is.

Libano

Or told a qualified M.D that he doesn’t understand science.

As Isaac Asimov said
What science is:

• Independently verifiable
• Falsifiable
• Makes risky and narrow predictions

What it’s not:
• Consensus (which does not even exist amongst MD’s)
• Opinion (not even if you’re an MD)

There is a world of a difference between science and ‘trust the doctor’.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Imagine being lectured about science by a PragerU graduate.

InfiniteBoredom

What science is:

• Independently verifiable
• Falsifiable
• Makes risky and narrow predictions

What it’s not:
• Consensus (which does not even exist amongst MD’s)
• Opinion (not even if you’re an MD)

There is a world of a difference between science and ‘trust the doctor’.
You told Pogue he doesn’t understand science. You do know that the search function exists right?

The irony is on you my friend. I'm not the one who berates others on 'understanding science' while having wasted a lifetime on a football forum. 103051 posts. That's probably worth 2 degrees in virology that were instead invested in trivial banter.
And this is after spending ages saying ‘zinc cures COVID because my friend got better’.

The Firestarter

Whatever you are smoking must be some grade A shit.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

By this batshit idiotic statement, how could Trump ever be elected president?

Status
Not open for further replies.