g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well his support would have grown bigger and he would have been much more capable of handing Trump in the debates plus Bernie didnt have any of these big scandals hanging over him.
Sounds like wishful thinking more than anything based on tangible evidence. Bernie's euphoric campaign was protected from negativity whereas Hillary's was fully exposed to the Trump/Russia/Wikileaks smear machine to make her look very bad. Therefore there's nothing to suggest Trump wouldn't have done the same to Bernie - who would've no doubt been branded a crazy communist who honeymooned in Moscow.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
There's also a universe where I tripped in the toilet and drowned in my own piss, but it's better not to think about those places.
Could still be this universe.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Gabbard will become Senator or Governor in the future. Maybe even in the Cabinet for a President. She may seem rather trivial now but the Dems barely have anyone now, so why not try to bed in a new generation of leaders? Plus, Gabbard is a progressive and much to the left of Booker, Biden and loads of others.
She's a complete Charlatan who flew to Syria to meet with Assad on a trip funded by a U.S. group linked with the regime of the Syrian dictator. That alone will disqualify her from any credible attempts at higher office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...5e9c70-e4bf-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'm still hoping Seth Moulton runs and takes the nomination. He is the face of the new generation of highly educated Dems with a military background.

I also hope Trump gets primaried by any younger more scrupulous GOP candidate who can reshape the conservative party.

Those are the kind of candidates who can end this extreme partisan divide.

Sweet Square

I'm still hoping Seth Moulton runs and takes the nomination. He is the face of the new generation of highly educated Dems with a military background.

I also hope Trump gets primaried by any younger more scrupulous GOP candidate who can reshape the conservative party.

Those are the kind of candidates who can end this extreme partisan divide.
There really is'nt a extreme divide at all. The Republican Party is a party on the far right while the Dems are centre right conservatives. Both parties aims and solutions to world affairs are very similar.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Cal?

CR7 fan
Its most political campaigns where the likes of governors, senators, and congresspeople are actually running for office as opposed to entertainers the like
That's true, but she was probably the most qualified candidate ever to run.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I am not denying the fact that she did but she still lost. A major reason for that was some Bernie supporters thought they would rather vote for Trump than Hillary which was stupid but she did lose those votes. The point Im trying to make is Bernie would not have lost as many Hillary supporters to the Reps if Hillary had lost the primaries.
What happened has been done to death. Comey, bad campaign strategy, Bernie, etc all played its part. :(

Ubik

HW had a a fairly full CV.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
HW had a a fairly full CV.
Indeed. More than HRC. UN Ambassador, China Ambassador (these I had to look up), CIA director, VP.
HRC: Junior lawyer in Watergate, Senator, SoS.
Corbyn: backbench :drool:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Indeed. More than HRC. UN Ambassador, China Ambassador (these I had to look up), CIA director, VP.
HRC: Junior lawyer in Watergate, Senator, SoS.
Corbyn: backbench :drool:
Being Senator and SoS certainly counts more than HW's CV.

VP does a lot less than SoS.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Senator would matter if she did anything with it. SoS matters, agreed. We see the effects of her tenure continuing.
VP matters because his president was senile. CIA director matters because he rules the world. China ambassador matters on an unbelievable level because he was there when the US-China realignment was happening - in retrospect probably his biggest job. He was in the House but that genuinely doesn't matter.

Nikhil

She's a complete Charlatan who flew to Syria to meet with Assad on a trip funded by a U.S. group linked with the regime of the Syrian dictator. That alone will disqualify her from any credible attempts at higher office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...5e9c70-e4bf-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html
Netanyahu, the Prime Minister of US's closest ally, meet with injured militants belonging to questionable extremist groups that were in the Syria. Trump, who is the US president, and his cronies colluded with the Russians during his election campaign. Hillary, as secretary of state, used her position of power to get contributions from foreign governments for the Clinton foundation. She then visited these countries in her official capacity as SoS. It was pay to play. Did that disqualify her from running for President? Did it lead to her resigning as SoS?

At those levels of power, there is nothing disqualifying anyone from anything. Gabbard has done nothing wrong. She's not involved in any corruption such as Hillary. She's not used her position as Rep to accept money from foreign governments. She perfectly allowed to run for any public office she wants.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Netanyahu, the Prime Minister of US's closest ally, meet with injured militants belonging to questionable extremist groups that were in the Syria. Trump, who is the US president, and his cronies colluded with the Russians during his election campaign. Hillary, as secretary of state, used her position of power to get contributions from foreign governments for the Clinton foundation. She then visited these countries in her official capacity as SoS. It was pay to play. Did that disqualify her from running for President? Did it lead to her resigning as SoS?

At those levels of power, there is nothing disqualifying anyone from anything. Gabbard has done nothing wrong. She's not involved in any corruption such as Hillary. She's not used her position as Rep to accept money from foreign governments. She perfectly allowed to run for any public office she wants.
He's not a U.S. politician seeking higher office though is he ? He's a foreign leader and can do whatever he wants. Gabbard is a complete POS and will never stand a chance at higher office until she apologizes for meeting with Assad and tacitly becoming a propaganda piece for his preferred political outcome.

Nikhil

He's not a U.S. politician seeking higher office though is he ? He's a foreign leader and can do whatever he wants. Gabbard is a complete POS and will never stand a chance at higher office until she apologizes for meeting with Assad and tacitly becoming a propaganda piece for his preferred political outcome.
And what about Clinton using her power as SoS to accept huge sums of money from foreign governments for her foundation? And using the state department to grant favours and give arms and stuff to those very same countries? And sell uranium to Russia?

Gabbard has spoken out numerous times about the US's reckless foreign policy. People like Henry Kissinger who have been in positions of power for a long time with respect to foreign policy are war criminals. Gabbard knew that the US were wrong to arm and fund groups like al Nusra, who have extremist views and are Wahhabis. Assad is the best choice for Syria. If Assad was defeated, the vacuum in Syria would have been occupied by extremist groups like Al Qaeda which is what has happened in Libya.

Arming the rebels in Syria was a mistake. Even Obama acknowledges it in private. Foreign policy requires good judgement and nuanced decision making.

You calling Gabbard a POS shows that you are biased against her. You are of course entitled to your opinion. I was in Maui last month and spoke to some locals about Gabbard. They all had a good opinion of her. I feel she is a talented politician. Much better than Hillary, Dick Cheney, Kissinger, Colin Powell, Condi Rice and Donald Rumsfeld at least.

Ubik

Gabbard once described campaigners for same-sex civil unions as "a small number of homosexual extremists."

In her defence, she was a mere 23 year-old state legislator at the time.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
And what about Clinton using her power as SoS to accept huge sums of money from foreign governments for her foundation? And using the state department to grant favours and give arms and stuff to those very same countries? And sell uranium to Russia?

Gabbard has spoken out numerous times about the US's reckless foreign policy. People like Henry Kissinger who have been in positions of power for a long time with respect to foreign policy are war criminals. Gabbard knew that the US were wrong to arm and fund groups like al Nusra, who have extremist views and are Wahhabis. Assad is the best choice for Syria. If Assad was defeated, the vacuum in Syria would have been occupied by extremist groups like Al Qaeda which is what has happened in Libya.

Arming the rebels in Syria was a mistake. Even Obama acknowledges it in private. Foreign policy requires good judgement and nuanced decision making.

You calling Gabbard a POS shows that you are biased against her. You are of course entitled to your opinion. I was in Maui last month and spoke to some locals about Gabbard. They all had a good opinion of her. I feel she is a talented politician. Much better than Hillary, Dick Cheney, Kissinger, Colin Powell, Condi Rice and Donald Rumsfeld at least.
I don't support Kissinger, Cheney, Rumsfeld or any of the people you listed. What she was did was wrong and in contravention to US policy. Politicians who showboat and grandstand with Assad don't get special credit to run for President. She is a lowlife and is going nowhere. There's a reason she's been taken off the air from various networks like CNN and MSNBC after the Assad debacle and is now groveling to rebuild her damaged political brand.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I have no idea why Gabbard is popular among Dems on the internet.
Attractive surfer chick with military credentials and eastern religion. If you're going to buy something by reading the advertising label alone, there's very few better alternatives out there.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Attractive surfer chick with military credentials and eastern religion. If you're going to buy something by reading the advertising label alone, there's very few better alternatives out there.
I don't like her (don't feel like getting into reasons) but she is both ex-military and anti-Iraq, there's more substance than just labels.

MTF

Its not easy to compare. But probably fair to say that they both knew better than most what they were bidding for.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don't like her (don't feel like getting into reasons) but she is both ex-military and anti-Iraq, there's more substance than just labels.
She's the Democratic Ted Cruz. Sure there's substance there but it's also buried in a ton of grandstanding and a heavy dose of ambition.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
She's the Democratic Ted Cruz. Sure there's substance there but it's also buried in a ton of grandstanding and a heavy dose of ambition.
There is no substance to Ted Cruz. He is another piece of shit. His thinking and his ideas are so backward that he cant be the man to take America forward.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Here's Tulsi making a pitch for the right of center Islamophobe vote by parroting GOP talking points about "Radical Islamic Terror" .

Nikhil

Awful comparison. Ted Cruz is an awful person. Gabbard is progressive and has a bright political future.

Are you even allowed to vote?
Yes. You've asked me this before, fishy mate. I'll vote for the progressive Dem or vote Green if the Dems are all twats. Or not vote at all (looking very likely at this point). I mean, just imagine the primaries if Mark Zuckerberg, Kanye, the Rock and Oprah all run. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.