2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
As predicted, Trump is trying to plunge the USA into civil war now that he fears losing the vote. His declaring victory before all the votes have been counted - and calling for the vote counting to be stopped - is exactly the behaviour of a banana-republic dictator.

Mere pre-election voter-suppression is not enough for him. Now he wants the suppression of pro-Biden votes actually cast.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
These WI results decide the state for those wondering. Even a slight biden lead is enough to win.
I can’t take it. It’s the hope that kills you. Logic says those are mail in votes and veer democratic, but the lead is so small, it’s still scary.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Nah.

I understand your point but I just think there would be no good whatsoever from a Trump win.
I despise the man. I'm just worried what a Biden win will bring. Fantastic for the rest of us as he's not a manic and an Environmental disaster like Kaiser Trump is.......I just don't think America will react well to a Biden win. Riots almost guaranteed as Trump has whipped them up into a frenzy. I'd be crapping it right now If I was an American either way.

I lived there for 2 years too from 2009 to 2010, albeit in the democrat stronghold that is NYC.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I despise the man. I'm just worried what a Biden win will bring. Fantastic for the rest of us as he's not a manic and an Environmental disaster like Kaiser Trump is.......I just don't think America will react well to a Biden win. Riots almost guaranteed as Trump has whipped them up into a frenzy. I'd be crapping it right now If I was an American either way.

I lived there for 2 years too from 2009 to 2010, albeit in the democrat stronghold that is NYC.
Which is probably what the country needs tbh... the US is at breaking point and to rebuild as a nation, it needs to see the consequences of its actions.

jeff_goldblum

You can still lose the election in the UK even if you win the most votes.
Indeed, in 1951 Clement Atlee won the popular vote but Churchill's Tories won a majority in Parliament (the only election Churchill won).

bsCallout

For those who have no idea whats going on, is it currently looking like a Trump win or a Biden win?

Revan

Assumptionman
What's the reasonable best case scenario for Biden at this point?
He wins all of Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina (the last one is very unlikely).

He needs only the first two in order to win, but winning all of them would give him an 80 electoral vote advantage or so.

MuFc_1992

Thanks -So 'mailed in' votes have been counted yes, not as being reported on TV that they only started counting once the voting closed?

Thanks -So contrary to TV pundits comments otherwise, thses mailed in votes have been counted, presumably these were East coast results being counted as the sun rose?

Still doesn't answer the question that if pollsters got it so wrong about actual voting day outcomes, where 10% to 13 % leads for Biden were being reported, why would they get it right over 'mailed in' outcomes? ... perhaps some enterprising pollsters had a crafty peek?
Because you can tell who requested those ballots by party registration. Also Trump was actively discouraging his supporters from mailing in their votes.

UncleBob

Thanks. Will do.

Can you tell me why you think NATO members in the baltics have an analogous situation to a non-Nato member?
It was a reference to the claim of a Russian threat.

Yeah, but Høyre was also against abortions once. In fact, Høyre was against the dissolution of the Union with Sweden, though they came around at the very end. They were also nearly always against expanding the right to vote. Forgive me if I'm not too sympathetic to their "reaistic view on how to run a country", particularly after embracing the absurd libertarian+nationalist marriage which is FrP.

But yeah, feck KrF, we can definitely agree on that.

I feel I've slipped ever so slightly off-topic here, but this thread goes by so quickly that no one is going to even see this except you. In fact, we could probably just have our own separate debate about Norwegian politics in Norwegian. Men det ville blitt helt Texas.
They evolved, and it's not like the marriage with FrP was a disaster or a shitfest like Den RG regjering.

I think that speaks volumes about you as a person - «hey as long as it doesn’t impact ME» - but that’s only my opinion...
Why? The former administrations have had a larger detrimental effect on Europe than Trump has had, yet Trump is apparently the biggest threat we've ever faced, it's bizarre, someone even blamed Brexit on him...He's an utter tosspot and all of that, by all means.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
These WI results decide the state for those wondering. Even a slight biden lead is enough to win.
Thanks for the updates by the way. You're my main source of information right now.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
quick eyeball of city of green bay (it is broken down into wards) looks like Biden victory in the city

Status
Not open for further replies.