2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Donald would probably escap erm leave the US and the republicans will get their party back. That means that they will cut all ties to any of Donald's foreign friends especially someone whose yesterday news like Nigel Farage is. A future president Biden will find it hard to look at Boris without thinking of Trump and will make his life a living hell. That means Boris and his Brexit gang will be out soon as well. This might be the beginning of the end for cheap populism
Not so sure. The margin is less than 1 percent. They will stick to trumps playbook. It works

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Sorry if this has been covered, but what's the projection for the senate now? I believe there is going to be a run-off in Georgia (not sure what that means exactly, but no final outcome until January, I think?), and some undecided key races. What does that mean for the likelihood for a D or R majority or a tie?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
CNN confuses me

the Georgia vote count % goes up but the votes haven’t actually changed? I suppose just a reassessment of what’s left

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Yep, the future of American politics is grim. Grimmer.
Yeah, I'd imagine a pretty big mid-term bump for the GOP allowing them to take the House and likely consolidate the Senate.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Would be the first time in 14 consecutive presidential elections that OH will not have voted for the president if Biden wins. Kinda crazy stat.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Donald would probably escap erm leave the US and the republicans will get their party back. That means that they will cut all ties to any of Donald's foreign friends especially someone whose yesterday news like Nigel Farage is. A future president Biden will find it hard to look at Boris without thinking of Trump and will make his life a living hell. That means Boris and his Brexit gang will be out soon as well. This might be the beginning of the end for cheap populism
I think that’s wildly optimistic

Revan

Assumptionman
Sorry if this has been covered, but what's the projection for the senate now? I believe there is going to be a run-off in Georgia (not sure what that means exactly, but no final outcome until January, I think?), and some undecided key races. What does that mean for the likelihood for a D or R majority or a tie?
51-48 for GOP with Georgia getting decided later. Of course, Maine is still in play considering that Collins might not win 50%, and then second option votes matter. N Carolina is still not done, but seems unlikely at this stage.

So, if Maine happens, then it it 50-49 with Georgia race deciding the next ML. If Collins holds Maine, McTurtle runs the senate for another two years.

prateik

Because of an error in an Edison Research data feed of results, the estimate of the counted vote in Arizona displaying on maps and tables is too high. The actual estimate is that 86% of the vote has been counted.

Member 90887

NYT has it at 98% but they havent called it.. it is weird..
Apparently, there is an error in the NYT data.

The New York Times

Because of an error in an Edison Research data feed of results, the estimate of the counted vote in Arizona displaying on maps and tables is too high. The actual estimate is that 86% of the vote has been counted.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Isn’t similar true for FL?
Clinton didn't win Florida in 92 IIRC.
Yeah indeed.

Wiki said:
Florida has backed the winning candidate in every election since 1996, the longest active streak of any state except Ohio, and has only backed the losing candidate twice since 1928.
Clinton was the only miss since 1972 as far back as I can see.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
This is what everyone was reporting except NYT which has been of debate in this thread over the last few pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.