2021 American Civil War

Carolina Red

Staff
it's weird. I have a bunch of covid symptoms (temp, stomach issues, reduced taste, light headed), but no cough, no sinus issues. Oh well. On to that sandwich.
Get retested in a few days of it persists. My wife has had patients who were clinically diagnosed come up negative only to finally show up positive after a few days.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Not correct. If the senate convicts him (requires 2/3, so 67 senators) he can still run for office. But, after convicting, the senate can have another vote to ban him from holding federal office (requires only majority). In that case he is banned from ever holding a federal office, and l believe loses pension etc.
Could be wrong but I see this...

I don't think a separate vote is needed.
Edgar's probably right. It was mentioned during the debate today, although predictably, Giuliani or whatever hack he hires will argue otherwise and its not really known what is possible.

"Removing an official requires a “conviction” by a two-thirds Senate majority under the Constitution. Under precedent, only a simple majority is needed for disqualification. Historically, that vote only happens after a conviction."

"This is uncharted legal territory, and there is no clear answer, scholars said.

Paul Campos, a professor of constitutional law at the University of Colorado, said he believed a vote to disqualify Trump can be held even if there are not enough votes for conviction. The U.S. Supreme Court has made clear that the Senate has wide latitude to determine how it conducts a trial, he said."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...mp-be-barred-from-future-office-idUSKBN29I356

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Get retested in a few days of it persists. My wife has had patients who were clinically diagnosed come up negative only to finally show up positive after a few days.
Thanks, that's the plan. I am scheduled for a test Friday.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Considering the magnitude of what's just happened, it's fascinating how relatively few pages this thread has grown by compared to how many it would have if Trump still had his Twitter account.

He would have stoked and stoked the fire with deranged outbursts to make the situation spiral and there'd be ten more pages from the aftermath of it.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The English call it a pocket hankie.
Yeah I figured they would go with something along those lines; kerchief, etc.
The English call it a pocket square. A hanky is something you blow your nose on. A hanky is kept in the inside pocket. (One to blow and one for show).

French folks in France generally call it a Pochette Square as they use Pochette for a whole host of things. Anything that goes in your pocket. Wallet, Bill-fold. Handbags too though.

SirAF

Ageist
Considering the magnitude of what's just happened, it's fascinating how relatively few pages this thread has grown by compared to how many it would have if Trump still had his Twitter account.

He would have stoked and stoked the fire with deranged outbursts to make the situation spiral and there'd be ten more pages from the aftermath of it.
Yup! Which more than justifies Twitter's decision.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Politicians..
Nurses and doctors risk their lives every day. Military and police also risk their lives regularly.
But these highly paid politicians are too afraid to do what is right for their nation, to do what they are paid to do.

BarstoolProphet

I do wonder if there will be an International coalition led by a Middle Eastern country who will invade the US to remove the current, dangerous leadership and reinstore a 'proper' government.

vodrake

If he still had his Twitter account, he would absolutely have used it to backtrack from the message of condemning the violence and asking for a peaceful transition that he was clearly forced to say.

His PR must be relishing being able to limit his public interactions, preventing his off-message impulsive outbursts

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The lack of spine is incredible.
You know what else would have helped our country heal? Biden actually having a confirmed cabinet in place on inauguration day. Let me check and see who controls scheduling those hearing..... oh look, its Rob Portman.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If he still had his Twitter account, he would absolutely have used it to backtrack from the message of condemning the violence and asking for a peaceful transition that he was clearly forced to say.

His PR must be relishing being able to limit his public interactions, preventing his off-message impulsive outbursts
I dunno - because without twitter to bully people (especially republican representatives) into backing him he might actually find himself convicted which i think would be pretty bad PR

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Their entire twitter feed is exposing satanic gender-swapped Hollywood.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Has to be satire. Long before we saw that picture we saw a 2 minute video of him running up some stairs.
doubt it. I unfortunately clicked on the user and lets just say she has some serious issues with trans people.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

These people are everyday 'normal' people, in regular jobs - some in jobs that yields them power over other more vulnerable people.

Don't try and make out as though they are only deranged & outcasts from society - they are fully woven & embedded.

This is why it's important to speak up against anybody who spouts any kind of discriminatory language or ideology when you see it, especially when it's family, friends, colleagues who are otherwise polite, caring & easy to get along with.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

These people are everyday 'normal' people, in regular jobs - some in jobs that yields them power over other more vulnerable people.

Don't try and make out as though they are only deranged & outcasts from society - they are fully woven & embedded.

This is why it's important to speak up against anybody who spouts any kind of discriminatory language or ideology when you see it, especially when it's family, friends, colleagues who are otherwise polite, caring & easy to get along with.
I bet she was radicalised playing Candy Crush against people on Facebook.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

I once spent an evening with one of them. It’s quite an experience.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Wait, so what do they think happened here?
I'm guessing they're saying there is a false narrative that the hero DC cop is a decorated military veteran because in one still capture his cop pants broke in such a way that suggest the officer is actually a pot bellied black woman (with no tits)? This then supports their belief that everything in the MSM is a lie.