2024 U.S. Elections

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The demographic that notoriously doesn’t vote disagrees with Israel policy. The demographic that does vote agrees largely agrees.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You would expect a man that can tout fake drugs to be less than scum.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
One has to wonder, how the conditions of the state parties will affect the election next year.

Take Michigan, a key state, Trump is supposedly leading there, but the state party is completely broke and run by a bunch of morons.

Do you neccessarily need money to win state-wide elections, if you already got the name recognition?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
One has to wonder, how the conditions of the state parties will affect the election next year.

Take Michigan, a key state, Trump is supposedly leading there, but the state party is completely broke and run by a bunch of morons.

Do you neccessarily need money to win state-wide elections, if you already got the name recognition?
wasn't the 2016 campaign underfunded compared to hillary's?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
wasn't the 2016 campaign underfunded compared to hillary's?
Sure, she had a lot more money than him, and lost(well, the Electoral college anyway).

I'm not sure if GOP was in such dire straits then as they are in states like Michigan and Arizona now though, they are basically bankrupt there.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
He invents a fake reality and presumes he can sell it to gullible Maga people.
If Trump wouldn't already exist I'd consider Vivek a legitimate threat to democracy. Man is spouting some real QAnon bs. Good on Haley at least to call him out. Im no fan of her, but at the same time I could see why many in the center especially would be drawn to her. If Trump wasn't a factor I'd already say she has a big shot to unseat Biden.

Last edited:

ManUtd1999

Has to be shite but very funny.
None of this will happen.

Biden will win the popular vote, and I think that he will win the Electoral College too. I would even say that no Republican running right now is going to win the popular vote even if he/she manages to win the EC.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
None of this will happen.

Biden will win the popular vote, and I think that he will win the Electoral College too. I would even say that no Republican running right now is going to win the popular vote even if he/she manages to win the EC.
He will win the popular vote, but it’s an open question whether he wins both. He’s very old and despite recent numbers, the public are still animated by how high the general cost of living is, which is never good for an incumbent.

ManUtd1999

He will win the popular vote, but it’s an open question whether he wins both. He’s very old and despite recent numbers, the public are still animated by how high the general cost of living is, which is never good for an incumbent.
I agree that he may lose the EC, but I responded to that poll that shows him clearly losing the PV.

Also, Haley is a Trump ally. That would cost her some points. She is very unlikely to be the nominee, and if she is, Biden wins with relative ease.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

from an article about fascism and democracy in india:
Indian liberalism makes a formidable claim: that the Republic is grounded in such a structurally elaborate and ideologically hegemonic liberal-democratic institutional framework that political forces of all hues are forced to consent to this framework, stake their claims and test out their fortunes within it, go in and out of the corridors of power through procedures of electoral democracy, and thereby further strengthen the liberal framework itself. It is further claimed that since all political forces, from the communist to the fascist, are compelled to accept the norms of universal franchise and multi-party elections, they are further compelled to move closer to the liberal centre as soon as they begin to participate in the exercise of governmental power. For the political centre of this power is itself circumscribed by equally powerful institutions of the civil bureaucracy, an independent judiciary, a freewheeling fourth estate, as well as a vibrant and highly articulate civil society. And, indeed, more than enough empirical evidence is available for one to construct a plausible narrative of post-Independence India on such premises. Its plausibility is what gives to the claim such persuasive power.

On the other hand, the basic trajectory of Indian political life over roughly the past quarter century — 1990 to 2015 let us say, especially as it comes into sharper relief after the elections of 2014 — indicates a steady rightward shift that is both quantitatively and qualitatively so significant that it is not so much the right that moves closer to the liberal centre, occasional tactical concessions notwithstanding, but the liberal centre that keeps moving further and further to the right.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Exhibit no.3,678 why some Muslims saying they ll never vote for Biden is incredibly short sighted.

Also read some elements in the Muslim community in Michigan for instance have approaches Flynn and the rest of his traitors to seek amends with the Repubs over their shared hatred of gays and other groups. I already figured it was happening a while back, but it once again underlines the hypocrisy and single issue pattern of many voters.

WPMUFC

On the recent Pod Save America they were saying some of Trump's team really wants the congressional party to push back on him saying this stuff. Likely because they know they'd have no job if they suggested it themselves.

Last edited:

InfiniteBoredom

You think 9/11 was an inside job?
The part about Saudi Arabia being involved. It’s common knowledge at this point that Al Qaeda was directly funded by wealthy Saudi nationals, and given the nature of that regime, it’s a pretty big stretch to say the gov wasn’t aware or even complicit in that.

As long as the oil wells don’t dry out though, SA is invulnerable, so we get by and pretend that the deaths of those 3000 souls in and around the Twin Towers had nothing to do with them, while the US continue bombing the living shite out of other Islamic countries.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Exhibit no.3,678 why some Muslims saying they ll never vote for Biden is incredibly short sighted.

Also read some elements in the Muslim community in Michigan for instance have approaches Flynn and the rest of his traitors to seek amends with the Repubs over their shared hatred of gays and other groups. I already figured it was happening a while back, but it once again underlines the hypocrisy and single issue pattern of many voters.
I love the 'our religion' line.

owlo

Article in the works on how maga money/russia/china are driving anti-Biden Muslim sentiment through the lens of the Gaza conflict, and making the case that abstaining or voting Trump is a better situation.

Obviously makes perfect sense for all parties, but it's dark. Seeing people like Jackson Hinkle as an arab hero is bizarre as hell.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
You think 9/11 was an inside job?
No, just the point about the Saudis. I think there's very little doubt that they helped and it went extremely high up the chain of command over there.

Everything else about 9/11 conspiracy is batshit though.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Article in the works on how maga money/russia/china are driving anti-Biden Muslim sentiment through the lens of the Gaza conflict, and making the case that abstaining or voting Trump is a better situation.

Obviously makes perfect sense for all parties, but it's dark. Seeing people like Jackson Hinkle as an arab hero is bizarre as hell.
The only path trump has to victory is voting supression. And they are good at it