24: Season 8

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
If we can have a Lost Thread we can damn well have a 24 thread.

Not too much information on the Season yet, all we know for sure is that CTU is back and it takes place in New York.

Airs January 17th 2010.

Leg-End

:lol: nah I am a late night lurker and an Entertainment Forum whore.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The Lost Thread will have far more posts....I'd be willing to put money on it...Multiple posts by you don't count

EZee

If we can have a Lost Thread we can damn well have a 24 thread.

Not too much information on the Season yet, all we know for sure is that CTU is back and it takes place in New York.

Airs January 17th 2010.
it may well be the last series...

kieffer says he thinks a big screen movie would be a fitting end to the franchise... but that its too much to expect the wrighters to do a series and film at the same time...

apparently the film could be done in london...

it is starting to become a bit stale

Domino

I don't think I've seen you around the site since our late night ramblings waiting up for new episodes of Season 7:lol:

Don't be stupid, Season 5 was immense. Season 6 was still better than most of the shite that's show on TV and Season 7 was excellent.

Very repetitive though.

The wire/shield/sopranos all piss all over 24

Cina

it's rubbish now, American networks need to know when to stop a show, but all they want is the money.

Cina

Piss off Cina, I bet you watch Desperate Housewives.
No Elvis, I don't, but I'd prefer to watch a turd for 24 hours than watch Jack Bauer torturing the shit out of people again and talking like a lung cancer patient.

I mean for feck sake, he's the only character left from the first series, what's the point? It's like a damn soap opera at this stage.

It's the TV equivalent of a Michael Bay film.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
No Elvis, I don't, but I'd prefer to watch a turd for 24 hours than watch Jack Bauer torturing the shit out of people again and talking like a lung cancer patient.

I mean for feck sake, he's the only character left from the first series, what's the point? It's like a damn soap opera at this stage.

It's the TV equivalent of a Michael Bay film.
I don't know who Michael Bay is, so that voids the rest of your pathetic argument.

Cina

I don't know who Michael Bay is, so that voids the rest of your pathetic argument.
:lol:

Sorry that I don't like your favorite show Elvis, shame on me.

it's shit, though the first 3-4 seasons were good, until they decided to kill off all the main characters for the 'shock factor'.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
:lol:

Sorry that I don't like your favorite show Elvis, shame on me.

it's shit, though the first 3-4 seasons were good, until they decided to kill off all the main characters for the 'shock factor'.
I assume you're referring to the characters killed off in Season 5? I thought they did an excellent job in killing them off at the right time. As much as I loved David Palmer, his character had run it's course, there was nothing left for him to do. Same for Michelle, she'd retired from CTU so what else was there left for her to do? I loved Season 5 from start to finish, it was brilliant. Charles Logan was a great character.

Member 5225

Anil Kapoor (from Slumdog Millionaire and countless Bollywood trash) is in it!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This should be good. Two great shows in in this and Lost to keep me entertained throughout the cold January and February months next year.

Cina

I assume you're referring to the characters killed off in Season 5? I thought they did an excellent job in killing them off at the right time. As much as I loved David Palmer, his character had run it's course, there was nothing left for him to do. Same for Michelle, she'd retired from CTU so what else was there left for her to do? I loved Season 5 from start to finish, it was brilliant. Charles Logan was a great character.
See my problem was that I thought the show itself had run its course. It just seemed to be repeating itself at that point, so they obliterated most of the original cast and added new characters in order to keep it running as long as possible. I know the show is still massively popular and probably rakes in the cash for Fox, so I can understand why they do it, but I just don't really like stuff like that. I can understand why people do like it, it's mindless entertainment with explosions and crazy twists and shit (by the way, Michael Bay directed The Rock, bad Boys, Transformers etc), but I just find that all a bit boring and repetitive.

24 used to have reasonable plot lines and character development underneath all that, but by season 5-6 (can't remember which one I watched last, the one with the hobbit I think) they seemed to have gotten rid of that and focused more on Jack going around torturing people and blowing stuff up in order to save us from a virus/nuke/terrorist bombing/insane president.

Still, I'll no longer slate it, I mean, I love Lost, and I'm sure some people hate that, so meh, personal preference and all that jazz.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
From Wiki:

The story arc will involve Jack Bauer contending with assassination threats made during a peace conference between President Allison Taylor of the United States and President Omar Hassan of the fictional Islamic Republic of Kamistan.

The series will relocate to New York and see the re-activation of CTU's New York Office, but owing to budget constraints, there will not be any on-location filming in New York City
The start time for the new season will be 4:00 P.M.

Confirmed Cast
Jack
Chloe
Anil Kapoor as President Omar Hassan
President Taylor
Renee Walker
Mykelti Williamson as CTU Director Brian Hastings
Katee Sackhoff as Dana Walsh
John Boyd as Arlo Glass
Freddie Prinze, Jr. as Cole Ortiz

Special guests
Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer
Bob Gunton as Secretary of State Ethan Kanin

Supporting cast
David Anders as Josef Bazhaev
Nazneen Contractor as Kayla Hassan
Clayne Crawford as an unnamed antagonist
Mido Hamada as Mehran
Doug Hutchison as Davros
Domenick Lombardozzi as John Mazoni
Rami Malek as Marcos
Benito Martinez as Victor Aruz
Jürgen Prochnow as Bazhaev
Bashar Rahal as an unnamed Kamistani general
TJ Ramini as Tarin Karoush
Callum Keith Rennie as Vladimir Laitanan
Stephen Root as Ben Prady
Hrach Titizian as Nabeel
Paul Wesley as Stephen
Jennifer Westfeldt as Meredith Reed
Johnny Wu as Phillip Lu
N/A as Teri, Kim & Stephen's daughter

No sign of Tony, i'm hoping he's in it somehow

EricaNo7

From Wiki:

The story arc will involve Jack Bauer contending with assassination threats made during a peace conference between President Allison Taylor of the United States and President Omar Hassan of the fictional Islamic Republic of Kamistan.

The series will relocate to New York and see the re-activation of CTU's New York Office, but owing to budget constraints, there will not be any on-location filming in New York City
The start time for the new season will be 4:00 P.M.

Confirmed Cast
Jack
Chloe
Anil Kapoor as President Omar Hassan
President Taylor
Renee Walker
Mykelti Williamson as CTU Director Brian Hastings
Katee Sackhoff as Dana Walsh
John Boyd as Arlo Glass
Freddie Prinze, Jr. as Cole Ortiz

Special guests
Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer
Bob Gunton as Secretary of State Ethan Kanin

Supporting cast
David Anders as Josef Bazhaev
Nazneen Contractor as Kayla Hassan
Clayne Crawford as an unnamed antagonist
Mido Hamada as Mehran
Doug Hutchison as Davros
Domenick Lombardozzi as John Mazoni
Rami Malek as Marcos
Benito Martinez as Victor Aruz
Jürgen Prochnow as Bazhaev
Bashar Rahal as an unnamed Kamistani general
TJ Ramini as Tarin Karoush
Callum Keith Rennie as Vladimir Laitanan
Stephen Root as Ben Prady
Hrach Titizian as Nabeel
Paul Wesley as Stephen
Jennifer Westfeldt as Meredith Reed
Johnny Wu as Phillip Lu
N/A as Teri, Kim & Stephen's daughter

No sign of Tony, i'm hoping he's in it somehow
so am i - maybe he'll be back to redeem himself :)

Cina

Elisha Cuthbert is back?

Well shit, the show just got good again :D

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
See my problem was that I thought the show itself had run its course. It just seemed to be repeating itself at that point, so they obliterated most of the original cast and added new characters in order to keep it running as long as possible. I know the show is still massively popular and probably rakes in the cash for Fox, so I can understand why they do it, but I just don't really like stuff like that. I can understand why people do like it, it's mindless entertainment with explosions and crazy twists and shit (by the way, Michael Bay directed The Rock, bad Boys, Transformers etc), but I just find that all a bit boring and repetitive.

24 used to have reasonable plot lines and character development underneath all that, but by season 5-6 (can't remember which one I watched last, the one with the hobbit I think) they seemed to have gotten rid of that and focused more on Jack going around torturing people and blowing stuff up in order to save us from a virus/nuke/terrorist bombing/insane president.

Still, I'll no longer slate it, I mean, I love Lost, and I'm sure some people hate that, so meh, personal preference and all that jazz.
That's a fair enough argument, I just don't happen to agree:)

I thought Season 6 was underrated, had some great moments. I'm disappointed Tom Lennox didn't reprise his role either.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
The thing with 24, every season starts out brilliant, then it just sort of peter's out after about 10 episodes. I expect the new season to be exactly the same, a great start, lots of filler episodes, lots of bullshit stunts, lots of 'what the feck is that techno bitch chloe on about' and then finally a 'owzaaaaaat' ending.

well la di fecking da.

I'll deffo be watching though!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Elisha Cuthbert will probably only be in it for the first episode, donating cells to help Jack, then she'll leave.

Cina

She came back in S7.

She hasn't aged well, and I can't stand her character. She's very annoying.
Heh, yeah she was a dreadful character. The only thing that really pissed me off in S1-S3 was the inevitable "Kim getting lost/crashing car/kidnapped and going on a crazy trek throughout the forest or somewhere in the wildeness" bullshit.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Heh, yeah she was a dreadful character. The only thing that really pissed me off in S1-S3 was the inevitable "Kim getting lost/crashing car/kidnapped and going on a crazy trek throughout the forest or somewhere in the wildeness" bullshit.
That Cougar thing was ridiculous :lol:

Only just realized looking back that the guy that lied to her to keep her in the bomb shelter was Johnny Drama from Entourage.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeah it was silly. Season 1 I didn't mind as it played an important part of the overall plot, with her along with her mum getting kidnapped. But in Season 2 when she got trapped and a cougar nearly went and killed her :wenger: Worst part of the show ever.

Season 3 she wasn't as bad as she was in CTU with Jack.

Cina

:lol: The Cougar.

I also vaguely remember her boyfriend at the time losing his leg cause of her or something like that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wasn't that Chase losing his hand? He had the bomb attached to his wrist so Jack had to chop it off.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeah Chase lost his hand as the virus was attached to it.

Season 3 was brilliant, I loved the whole Prison Break scene (Russian Roulette!), and then Bauer going to Mexico for a few episodes. Was great.

Cina

Yeah Chase lost his hand as the virus was attached to it.

Season 3 was brilliant, I loved the whole Prison Break scene (Russian Roulette!), and then Bauer going to Mexico for a few episodes. Was great.
Yeah, Season 1 was my favorite, cause it was just so original at the time. But season 3 was great, it had the best developed plot. Season 4 was when it started to annoy me a little, as they had 4 or 5 plot lines throughout, first I think was a virus, then a jet with a bomb or something weird, then something else.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
First plot was the Secretary of Defence and his daughter being kidnapped, then the nuclear power plants being taken over, then Air Force One being taken down (And then we get Charles Logan!), then Chinese Consul invasion and the introduction of Cheng.

That was brilliant.