A less OTT and reactionary piece on our transfers this summer

Sam

Re: Fellaini - I suspect that the club were always focusing on a double-deal with Baines included, and probably thought that Everton would be blinded by the sight of the £35m in front of their eyes.

Moyes was always excellent in the transfer market at Everton. We should all be confident that he is a safe bet to identify future players.
Don't Everton fans think he was shit in the market? And very indecisive?

Varun

Staff
Let me see if I understand the article correctly:

• Thiago didn't snub you. Moyes hadn't seen him play much, only the scouts had. For three years.
  • Herrara wasn't a mess. Moyes Just only valued him at 20m. Based on two years of scouting. And hadn't really seen him play much.
  • Kagawa isn't being frozen out. Moyes just hasn't seen him play.
  • Despite not really having seen Kagawa play, Moyes decided against Ozil because he already had Kagawa to consider.
  • The lawyers were imposters for sure.
  • Not wanting to overrule Moyes, United promised to keep the squad together except for Bebe. And Bebe is still here.
  • Fellaini only came so late because it took a long time to figure out Fabregas wasn't interested.
  • Keeping Rooney took up 50% of the staff resources that would have gone into signing new players (LOLWUT).
I am not sure Woodward even realises how he's sold Moyes down the river trying to cover his own arse with this.
People seem to have bought it too which is amazing.

TheReligion

Abusive
They do, although he can't have been that bad considering what he did there with no money. Many Everton fans still have a bee in their bonnets about him leaving, many don't.

Rudie

Mentary

• Thiago didn't snub you. Moyes hadn't seen him play much, only the scouts had. For three years.
  • Herrara wasn't a mess. Moyes Just only valued him at 20m. Based on two years of scouting. And hadn't really seen him play much.
  • Despite not really having seen Kagawa play, Moyes decided against Ozil because he already had Kagawa to consider.
  • Not wanting to overrule Moyes, United promised to keep the squad together except for Bebe. And Bebe is still here.
  • Fellaini only came so late because it took a long time to figure out Fabregas wasn't interested.
  • Keeping Rooney took up 50% of the staff resources that would have gone into signing new players (LOLWUT).
I am not sure Woodward even realises how he's sold Moyes down the river trying to cover his own arse with this.
Pretty much sums it all up.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm pretty sure that if Ferguson had told Moyes that Thiago should have been his no. 1 midfield target as suggested, he'd have made a move. €20m isn't that much and even if he didn't work out we could probably recoup most of that by selling him in the future. It'd make literally no sense to reject one of the biggest midfield talents at that price, what could possibly be the benefit of that? Did he want to wait another season and scout him properly - surely he couldn't have come up with anything like that?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

So we not only have a new team of inexperienced leaders, we now have a public name and blame power struggle going on too. Yep, thats all we needed.

I cant imagine that the transfer team had a very nice time this past 6 weeks. First time they would have worked together and it did not go very well.

The board needs to nip this in the bud, else the bad experience will manifest into feuds and then we are only a few steps away from the brutal power struggle shenanigans that went on at Liverpool under the Benitez.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We can see the evidence for ourselves. Almost all of the signings he made at Everton were successful, and he was shopping in a difficult area of the market.

The likes of Cahill, Jagielka, Baines were all bought from smaller English clubs with good success. He made one big money signing (Fellaini) that has now gone onto United for a decent profit. Lots of examples, and not many negatives. Everton should be flirting with, or suffering, relegation given the budget they have. The fact that they far exceeded that was solely down to Moyes management and his success in the transfer market.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Seriously, what the feck were we doing with our pursuit of Fabregas? Bizarre saga.

reelworld

Alright, whether the article is true or not, I actually feel better if this was on Moyes. If he wanted to be successful with United then he must also make mistakes with it. I cannot disagree more that he should take what Fergie and his scout opinions, and not forming his own. If Moyes didn't think that Thiago is a good fit with us then that's what he shouldn't go for him, no matter what everybody else think. If Moyes wanted to make United his own team, I'm afraid that's the only way he's going to do it.

Regarding Herrera, I'm not that bothered anymore. In fact, I think IF the Herrera part of the article is true, we might try again in January. If we don't, then we'll got someone else.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Whats two months compared to 10 years, he could have become a Manchester United legend and the solution to our midfield.
:lol:

solution to what?

we needed Fellaini, not Thiago to solve our midfield problems. Is not going forward that we have problem with... is getting overrun and dominated by better midfields.

Thiago cant get stuck in even if his life was at stake... and now, after his injury, good luck with developing a defensive awareness when you are scared to shit you will get injured again.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

solution to what?

we needed Fellaini, not Thiago to solve our midfield problems. Is not going forward that we have problem with... is getting overrun and dominated by better midfields.

Thiago cant get stuck in even if his life was at stake... and now, after his injury, good luck with developing a defensive awareness when you are scared to shit you will get injured again.

no you didnt.....

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
no you didnt.....
I'm not sure he's serious, here's another one

Moyes should have said that we didnt need him and thats fine.

We needed Fellaini, not Thiago.

Thiago was probably part of a plan from Fergie to replace Rooney... with him staying, no need for him.

As for Herrera? a pretty expensive player for what he does. He is just a very good player to keep the ball moving. nothing special.

Our Cleverley is much more suited for us than him.

Zen86

He's saying we needed a strong player to strengthen the midfield above all else? How outlandish!

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Encouragement from Fabregas camp?

This is just a myth created by united fans to soften the fact that we stupidly continue to ram a small penis into barca's mouth, only for them to reject it

There is not even a rumor on this to be true, only make belief that surely we are not that dumb. And its not like Fabregas is flip floping during the whole saga, he adamantly state that he's happy and not looking for a move , compare that to our Ronaldo's "Only god knows" and Rooney's "angry and confused" surely there is none whatsoever from him personally.

If United are indeed being tipped by his agent, then surely we deserve to be called an idiot for taking it seriously without a clear indication that Fabregas would at least consider the move.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

solution to what?

That's bollocks and bitter

We needed Creativity first and foremost, we only need cover for carrick (albeit kinda urgent)

What the hell are you talking about? Because Thiago chooses Bayern doesn't mean that he suddenly becomes shit, and it's not even a career ending injury.

You sounds like Rawkish

NM

We needed Creativity first and foremost, we only need cover for carrick (albeit kinda urgent)

What the hell are you talking about? Because Thiago chooses Bayern doesn't mean that he suddenly becomes shit, and it's not even a career ending injury.

You sounds like Rawkish

agree that it was a bad post. Disagree that we needed creativity more than defensive steel. We got overran in midfield in most big games last season. Fellaini will help there.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
agree that it was a bad post. Disagree that we needed creativity more than defensive steel. We got overran in midfield in most big games last season. Fellaini will help there.
Fellaini + carrick, what are our outlet in attack then?

I'd rather Fellaini / Carrick + one scholes like type.

The thing that makes us porous at the back is that Carrick is expected to do both at the same time

NM

Fellaini + carrick, what are our outlet in attack then?

I'd rather Fellaini / Carrick + one scholes like type.

The thing that makes us porous at the back is that Carrick is expected to do both at the same time
The options in attack are the 2 wingers + 2 forwards.. Clev doesn't add to the attack either, and doesn't provide defensive solidarity. I think Fellaini + Carrick will be tried a bit.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!

You sounds like Rawkish
i knew it was bitter but, was too late to edit when i realized it, plop, its just all this non sense talk about Moyes, thiago and other players who were coming but never did... wtf.

It's time to move forward.

But yeah, nothing to do with Thiago. I was never a big fan of his transfer, because we needed someone to play deeper alongside Carrick or cover for him, some much needed steel. When rumors of Rooney being sold took heat, it start making sense to me the interest in Thiago, and i got quite excited at some point, but with Rooney staying, it just doesnt make sense anymore. Maybe was Sir Alex plan to let Rooney leave, but it wasnt Moyes. Now its up to him to make the calls, and there is no point to find a reason for everything he does, specially when its a dead end.

lets enjoy our squad, underrated as f..., that hasnt changed much this new season, but one good signing is all you need to make a big difference. We have 3 new players, and personally, im sure one of them will be key to our success, and quite confident about the other two, who might end up being very good players.

ps. I really like Thiago, awesome playmaker on it's way to be a world class player. Him choosing Bayern definatly doesnt mean he is shit, it shows how much confidence he has on his abilities. We'll see if Pep can find the right place for him on his team, will be a challenge. Feel bad for being bitter about him... nothing to do with him really.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
i knew it was bitter but, was too late to edit when i realized it, plop, its just all this non sense talk about Moyes, thiago and other players who were coming but never did... wtf.

It's time to move forward.

But yeah, nothing to do with Thiago. I was never a big fan of his transfer, because we needed someone to play deeper alongside Carrick or cover for him, some much needed steel. When rumors of Rooney being sold took heat, it start making sense to me the interest in Thiago, and i got quite excited at some point, but with Rooney staying, it just doesnt make sense anymore. Maybe was Sir Alex plan to let Rooney leave, but it wasnt Moyes. Now its up to him to make the calls, and there is no point to find a reason for everything he does, specially when its a dead end.

lets enjoy our squad, underrated as f..., that hasnt changed much this new season, but one good signing is all you need to make a big difference. We have 3 new players, and personally, im sure one of them will be key to our success, and quite confident about the other two, who might end up being very good players.

ps. I really like Thiago, awesome playmaker on it's way to be a world class player. Him choosing Bayern definatly doesnt mean he is shit, it shows how much confidence he has on his abilities. We'll see if Pep can find the right place for him on his team, will be a challenge. Feel bad for being bitter about him... nothing to do with him really.
I'm more worried about our pulling power when it comes to world class player :(

Nowdays I don't think the first tier below Messi / Ronaldo would prefer Manchester United than the likes of Bayern, Dortmund, Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, and even to the lesser extent clubs like PSG and Anzhi have a considerable pulling power thanks to the sugar daddies

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
People suggesting we should have gone all in for Thiago... what would have happened had he started crying after say 1 season to go back to Barcelona. From what I can see, Moyes generally wanted to play it safe. Hence he did not approach Thiago.
Then let's just not sign any of the best talents in the world. Screw all the fantastic talents coming out of Spain and Germany and give up on trying to be the best side in the world. Let's stick to average English footballers who will stick by us.

Obviously I exaggerate, but seriously, I completely disagree with the logic. Also, I don't see how thiago is a risk. He'd a hugely talented player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There's a difference between knowing a player (or even knowing him well enough to suggest we should sign him as fans) to having the knowledge about him that you want to have as a manager who invests millions into taking the player.

That is Moyes's way and we have to accept it. The summer is over anyway, it's gone. Hopefully the time leading to the next window will see Moyes far more clued up.
It's a stupid way. He should rectify it quickly. Or update himself on the worlds top talents faster.