A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

Kapardin

He will be desperate. Fact is, he doesn't show it and always tries to deflect but all the "no trophies yet" talk does get under his skin. He probably wanted to win atleast a league cup by now, and this is a golden chance to win the biggest trophy.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Who knew starting a half-fit Kane would be a bad idea? I could've told you that, and I don't get paid millions.

Aloysius's Back 3

As I have always said -

I like everything about Pochettino except his reliance on a lumberjack traditional number 9's.

He needs a lambert, an osvaldo, a Harry Kane, a Llorente.

When he uses that type of striker with a 4231 or something very similar - his football is no different to Mourinho's football to me.

If he just became a manager that would be open to playing fluid front 3's like City's, Liverpool', Barcelona l's or Madrid - then he would be a much better manager for me.

Too reliant on his big lumberjack striker.

Said in another thread, I rate him highly but I don't think he has it in him to push a team over that last bit required to win. Plenty of managers can have a club of our stature and resources hovering around the “almost there“ stage but we need someone with the force of personality to get us beyond that.
Still stand by this. He'll always be a nearly man.

People were saying this about Klopp 12 months ago.
Well he has just thrown away a league they were well ahead in at Christmas. Liverpool getting flukey cup wins is nothing new.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He made the percentage calls. No complaints surely. The players need to be accountable for playing so poorly and missing this opportunity. He only had 3 subs to try and help it.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Wrong to stay loyal to Kane but the whole team shat itself despite being the better side.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Dropping a player who just scored a hat trick to get you into the final.
This is the problem more than deciding to play Kane I think. I wouldn't have played Kane but I certainly get why someone would. If possible you want your best player on the pitch. Leaving out Moura given the form he was in though......

Drainy

The biggest problem isn't in relying on Kane after the injury, it's Alli who is the bigger problem.

If they continue to have him as a key player they won't ever take the next step, in my opinion.

DownRiver

Mourinho said it well in pre-match, "you need to be careful with players that say they are fit because they will not perform at their peak or go off injured after 10 minutes". You can rectify that mistake by taking off Kane, but he didn't. Sometimes putting too many attackers makes the team too top heavy and chemistry is shit. Tottenham won against Man city in the second leg without Kane and starting Moura will help with his momentum. Then again, managers always do the opposite of this because they want to outsmart the opponent.

Klopp has lost countless finals, so he deserves this one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Done wonders to get a team with Sissoko and Winks in centre mid to the final!

But I still don't feel too worried at not signing him as manager.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Peak Poch to cast aside in-form squad players for a half-fit star man. Does it time and time again.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Big fan but his decision to take Winks off was daft.

Winks>Eriksen

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The biggest problem isn't in relying on Kane after the injury, it's Alli who is the bigger problem.

If they continue to have him as a key player they won't ever take the next step, in my opinion.
Eriksen is the one I find more infuriating. Strolls around at almost Mata pace, but takes a free kick alright.

Watching Mane roast away from him was like watching a man versus a boy.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ultimately just getting to the final with what is a shite Spurs squad is a massive achievement.

The Kane decision didn't work out but it was the choice the majority of people would have made so hardly damning in and of itself.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Spurs played better than Liverpool and won the tactical battle. Unfortunately, Pochettino just doesn’t have the talent his opposition has.

Pochettino need to leave and come to United where he can actually afford to have quality players on the pitch. United fans keep saying our team is better than Spurs, but it should now be obvious that that statement is just a myth.

marktan

I think they did alright, had possession, just struggled upfront. I'd still love him at United.

JonDahl

Fluked two ties and didn't turn up the final. Unsuprising they lost.

Raw

No shame in being worse than Klopp with a team that isn't as financially backed. Huge credit to him for getting there in the first place, wish we had him.

Affirmation

Mauricio Potchettino managed the final brilliantly, tactically Spurs outdid Liverpool but unfortunately the players bottled it on the field especially when it came to the goal scoring chances.

Woodenlung

He's a miracle worker and anyone that doesn't think so is a moron.

Give him enough money to make quality additions and he'll challenge for the league. Better yet, send him to United and give him a blank cheque book.

stepic

This is the problem more than deciding to play Kane I think. I wouldn't have played Kane but I certainly get why someone would. If possible you want your best player on the pitch. Leaving out Moura given the form he was in though......
Yeah I can see why you play Kane. It was a risk but he can have ‘that moment’.

Personally I’d have started Moura over Alli.

AJ10

Well done for getting in the final but why would you start a unfit kane.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He couldn't have set them up much better, made the right subs at the right times. Terrific achievement to get this far. Hope he sticks around for 1-2 years more so we can nab him juust incase it doesn't work out for Ole.

Sorry @Ban !