A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We have deep, deep rooted problems. Pochettino is obviously a better manager than Ole though and having a better manager can not be a bad thing.
Better manager will probably demand more from the board and owners... and this is where it can start to be ugly for Poch.

Adcuth

That is the truth people are overlooking. Still though. Beat Spurs, Chelsea and City. Yet Lost to fecking Burnley
The PLAYERS won those games by playing their own game I feel. MAYBE an ole tactic worked but it is still unplanned primarily

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
But would ultimately fail due to other influences?
And Ole would fail even if the structure was right and he was fully backed whats your point?

No one is saying he is the only problem but he is one of them
Get a good coach in and lets then deal with the next issues.

You do realise that Ole not having the balls or credentials to hold our board to account is half the problem right. Poch would do a better job of that too and call them out which is also needed

R'hllor

Things are rotten to the core in our corporation but lets not get it twisted, saying how there is no one out there who could coach better that squad and improve them in general ( not talking about results ) is just crazy, can agree if we talk about winning PL/CL in dominate way.

If Ole gets a sack, who ever comes after, hope we all move on same side and stick to praising and having a go at manager in the same post by merit. Think we had enough of people hooking into person and move United on a side, after JM and Ole, its really enough. I mean, if Poch ever gets a job, we already have one lunatic in our mist.

Adcuth

Liverpool should have stuck with Dalgish, Leicester with Puel etc cause you know, managers mean feck all.
What an imbecile! Learn a few details about the subject matter before posting please. You'd take Dalg"L"ish next, am I right???

Adcuth

And Ole would fail even if the structure was right and he was fully backed whats your point?

No one is saying he is the only problem but he is one of them
Get a good coach in and lets then deal with the next issues.

You do realise that Ole not having the balls or credentials to hold our board to account is half the problem right. Poch would do a better job of that too and call them out which is also needed
So what makes you believe that he would be offered, or more so, want to take that kind of job? Do you think, seriously
,that we get the correct manager in place and he'll make the rest of the club run correctly? Come on mate

Cassidy

So what makes you believe that he would be offered, or more so, want to take that kind of job? Do you think, seriously
,that we get the correct manager in place and he'll make the rest of the club run correctly? Come on mate
The fact reports say he wants the job and has done for 3 years?

And no its a start. The rest is up to us fans

Or the alternative lets stick with Ole and the long term plan and in 3 years when the excuses have run out and they sack him. Lets see what their next trick to fool fans will be

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Things are rotten to the core in our corporation but lets not get it twisted, saying how there is no one out there who could coach better that squad and improve them in general ( not talking about results ) is just crazy, can agree if we talk about winning PL/CL in dominate way.

If Ole gets a sack, who ever comes after, hope we all move on same side and stick to praising and having a go at manager in the same post by merit. Think we had enough of people hooking into person and move United on a side, after JM and Ole, its really enough. I mean, if Poch ever gets a job, we already have one lunatic in our mist.
:lol:

Adcuth

We have deep, deep rooted problems. Pochettino is obviously a better manager than Ole though and having a better manager can not be a bad thing.
That's like putting a higher powered rifle in the hands of someone who STILL doesn't know how to shoot. Still gonna end in off target shots and ultimately tears

norm87cro

Don't care what the most of you say. The bloke is just not good enough and anything he did prior to potentially landing this job has suggested he is. That doesn't have anything to do with Ole, Woody or the board for that matter.

Adcuth

The fact reports say he wants the job and has done for 3 years?

And no its a start. The rest is up to us fans

Or the alternative lets stick with Ole and the long term plan and in 3 years when the excuses have run out and they sack him. Lets see what their next trick to fool fans will be
You seem genuine in your comment, but let's be real! We are no longer a common denominator when it comes to the running of this BUSINESS. No manager nor fan action will stop the rot now.

Cassidy

You seem genuine in your comment, but let's be real! We are no longer a common denominator when it comes to the running of this BUSINESS. No manager nor fan action will stop the rot now.
A business which relies on fans turning up and paying....
We wont be on Sky if fans dont wan to watch either
Sponsors wont pay if there are no fans to target

fans absolutely have all the power If they are organised and united

passing-wind

It is laughable that this thread has 292 pages and people STILL think that Poch is the answer. Pep would fail here
What's laughable is this post, who in their right mind would think that Guardiola would fail as a manager here. So long as the club provides them with resources he will strive. I can't understand how ridiculous this logic is that no manager in world football can turn is into a decent team :lol:

Adcuth

A business which relies on fans turning up and paying....
We wont be on Sky if fans dont wan to watch either
Sponsors wont pay if there are no fans to target
The fact is the brand of this company is that vast that seat will always be filled, merchandise will always be purchased. Essentially the club doesn't need it's true fans, the club will still turn a decent enough profit, enough to keep the Glazers running it, which keeps Ed his job and us as a team in mid table mediocrity

Cassidy

The fact is the brand of this company is that vast that seat will always be filled, merchandise will always be purchased. Essentially the club doesn't need it's true fans, the club will still turn a decent enough profit, enough to keep the Glazers running it, which keeps Ed his job and us as a team in mid table mediocrity
By fans, no such thing as true fans. Unorganised is the word and not united.

old trafford empty for a couple of televised games and I can guarantee Sponsors would be on the phone to the club

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
It is laughable that this thread has 292 pages and people STILL think that Poch is the answer. Pep would fail here
Pep Would fail here :lol:. Laddies and gentlemen we have been introduced to a new form of human species. That is so ridiculous, my mind hurt just trying to figure out your rationale with that statement. FYI, Pep and Pochettino are much better managers than Ole. Mourinho got second and Europa league. Not all managers are doomed to fail here.

Adcuth

Typical Ole cultist with some mental issues. Why am I not surprised :lol:
Explain your term "Ole cultist" please? As I live by my own opinions, I could not be part of such an organised society as you have deemed fit to associate me with.

Adcuth

Pep Would fail here :lol:. Laddies and gentlemen we have been introduced to a new form of human species. That is so ridiculous, my mind hurt just trying to figure out your rationale with that statemen. FYI, Pep and Pochettino are much better managers than Ole. Mourinho got second and Europa league. Not all managers are doomed to fail here.
If you gave an expert fisherman inadequate equipment and surroundings as to do the job he had already found considerable successes in...would he still catch fish?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think the club will opt for Pochettino but I personally hope they target Nagelsmann who has a good chance of winning the Bundesliga this season.

passing-wind

Too many fans are making out like we have the worst owners in football, the reality is that Solskjaer is such a dreadful manager it would have taken FIFA Career mode finances to give him the players to cater for his managerial frailties. Ole is now in a position where he needs to coach the team to a success but he's failing. Klopp didn't get a press spend opportunity with Liverpool, most of the significant investment came at the ramification to selling Coutinho.

Poch is a far far better manager than Solskjaer he'll achieve far far better results while building us the platform to move forward. What evidence do we have that Poch can galvanise success is his time with Tottenham. Though they didn't win anything, he in 4 years had them in contention to win the league, was consistently finishing in the champions league positions and got to a UCL final. He hasn't bridged the trophies gap but unless we get Klopp / Pep trophies are not a guarantee. What we need to guarantee is a foundation to build a consistent team that can perform on ALL fronts again. We've got a manager who risks playing his lead senior striker with an aggrevated injury in a third round knockout tie for a micky mouse domestic cup. This is the level of manager that Solskjaer is.

The reason why Poch is a more feasible aqusition is because of the extent of how dreadful Solskjaer is. The best things the glazers can do is either bring in a Poch, Rose or Naglesmann (doubtful obviously). We need a manager who doesn't sacrifice 36 months to then be considered good enough. Ole will never get it "right" in top level football because he's a low level manager. I don't really see why our performances are such a surprise to some it's got nothing to do with the squad Ole earned his stripes getting Cardiff relegated and then stinking out the place in championship with a P45 to follow. That is the level we have superseding our development and fans are telling me that Poch is a bad option it's laughable.

Adcuth

I think the club will opt for Pochettino but I personally hope they target Nagelsmann who has a good chance of winning the Bundesliga this season.
Nagelsmann is definitely the right man in my opinion, but I'd hope it would be under better conditions than we currently have available to him

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
If you gave an expert fisherman inadequate equipment and surroundings as to do the job he had already found considerable successes in...would he still catch fish?
Ole does not have limited resources or as you put inadequate surrounding. We outspent most of our rivals last summer and Ole and few others of his pals in his media was full of praise of their transfer business. He made a bad judgement trying to do an overhaul to quickly and he fell flat on his face like a manager who doesn’t have a clue what he is doing. He should have kept some of his players he sold before letting them leave without adequate replacement. If he gets his way with the rumored interest this January window, we will once again outspent most of our rivals. no way, he has inadequate surrounding. Maybe Ole instead should do better recruiting players we need and developing and not injury players we have.

Adcuth

What's laughable is this post, who in their right mind would think that Guardiola would fail as a manager here. So long as the club provides them with resources he will strive. I can't understand how ridiculous this logic is that no manager in world football can turn is into a decent team :lol:
Well for one Pep has always relied on a decent base team to work from and/or the right money spent on the right players to build the team he feels is necessary to play his brand of football. He couldn't win the title with our squad and we seem incable of offering him what he needs to build a squad that could

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Nagelsmann is definitely the right man in my opinion, but I'd hope it would be under better conditions than we currently have available to him
Nagelsmann would force change in our structure. He along with Rangnick could be a possibility. But I think the board will go with Poch.

Adcuth

Ole does not have limited resources or as you put inadequate surrounding. We outspent most of our rivals last summer and Ole and few others of his pals in his media was full of praise of their transfer business. He made a bad judgement trying to do an overhaul to quickly and he fell flat on his face like a manager who doesn’t have a clue what he is doing. He should have kept some of his players he sold before letting them leave without adequate replacement. If he gets his way with the rumored interest this January window, we will once again outspent most of our rivals. no way, he has inadequate surrounding. Maybe Ole instead should do better recruiting players we need and developing and not injury players we have.
Sorry but I wasn't referring to Ole as the expert fisherman. He's more the kid slamming his head into the water and trying to catch fish with his teeth. We may have spent a few quid in the summer but what did we save in wages from the players that went out. We overpaid for players that looked the part to keep the fans happy but ultimately we haven't improved but the shares still went up and the owners are still happy with the revenue. So as long as that continues, who gives a feck about what happens on the pitch, really! Any manager coming in at this point is here for the money, not the project.

Adcuth

Nagelsmann would force change in our structure. He along with Rangnick could be a possibility. But I think the board will go with Poch.
See, this is the type of statement that baffles me. How exactly is any manager going to FORCE this supposed change in the way our club is operated. They wouldn't be hired initially if they were to behave in this manner

Cassidy

See, this is the type of statement that baffles me. How exactly is any manager going to FORCE this supposed change in the way our club is operated. They wouldn't be hired initially if they were to behave in this manner
By hiring them you would agree to the changes

Adnan

Talent Spotter
They wouldn't want to be hired if a structure they're well accustomed to isn't put in place. And Nagelsmann is building himself a very impressive reputation as things stand and won't have a shortage of takers.

Klopp took the Liverpool job and the Liverpool hierarchy created the conditions he desired to put forth a plan for Liverpool be in the position they're currently in. It really shouldn't baffle you.

Cassidy

Then they wouldnt be considered for the position would they?
Not entirely true. When you are backed into a corner because no one which would appease fans will take the job... what choice do you have?

Woodward will know if he is to stay he needs to hire someone fans will get behind and be happy with. None of them will take the job without their demands being met. The only one that would is an Ole type and they have already played that card

Adcuth

They wouldn't want to be hired if a structure they're well accustomed to isn't put in place. And Nagelsmann is building himself a very impressive reputation as things stand and won't have a shortage of takers.

Klopp took the Liverpool job and the Liverpool hierarchy created the conditions he desired to put forth a plan for Liverpool be in the position they're currently in. It really shouldn't baffle you.
I totally agree with 90% of what you wrote. The baffling bit is why would OUR OWNERS want to hire someone who will then throw extra pressure on them to change the way they have ran their perfect money making machine, or why would Ed want to jeopardise his cushty bonus to back a someone who would ultimately highlight his flaws. Comparing us to Liverpool currently is cringeworthy given how they and us operate so differently

Adcuth

Not entirely true. When you are backed into a corner because no one which would appease fans will take the job... what choice do you have?

Woodward will know if he is to stay he needs to hire someone fans will get behind and be happy with. None of them will take the job without their demands being met. The only one that would is an Ole type and they have already played that card
I'd honestly say that I believe they could blag their way through the next 10 years easily before they'd be forced to make those decisions which would ultimately breed any sort of change

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I totally agree with 90% of what you wrote. The baffling bit is why would OUR OWNERS want to hire someone who will then throw extra pressure on them to change the way they have ran their perfect money making machine, or why would Ed want to jeopardise his cushty bonus to back a someone who would ultimately highlight his flaws. Comparing us to Liverpool currently is cringeworthy given how they and us operate so differently
I honestly don't believe Woodward has a issue with a DoF. I think the issue has been the managers we have hired post SAF wanting total control when it came to player recruitment that is the issue. So if we turned our attention to Nagelsmann and made him our no1 target, we would create the conditions he desires to succeed at the club.

Cassidy

I'd honestly say that I believe they could blag their way through the next 10 years easily before they'd be forced to make those decisions which would ultimately breed any sort of change
What may happen is the club may agree and then not follow through. However there would be a fall out and some managers may not stay silent. Would be a disaster for the club PR wise.

I Am Zlatan

People say they don’t want Poch because he’s not a winner, yet we choke every time we get close to top 4 (let alone winning something) since last season..

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
After that match it is clear a mgr is not going to make a difference in the fortunes of united. Your mgr looked like a lost kid after that match. If you bring in Poch he will get limited funds I reckon and the merry go round continues. So many issues starting at top with bad buys, decisions(no strikers) ect. Put injuries on top of that having no Pogba and Maguire not living up to his contract and it looks a mess with no out at the
moment.
You need a plan. This is the worst you've been since the 80s.