Aaron Ramsey

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We missed bigger players in the past and it didn't do us no good (Ronaldinho,Essien, Torres :p ............... ).
Ramsey could be a very good player but we've got some great talents too

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He'll be a very good player no doubt about that. But he made the right decision to goto Arsenal in my opinion. We did after all try to sign him, but with Giggs, Park, Ronaldo and Nani in the squad he would have found it very difficult to get as many games as he's getting at Arsenal.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
How did we "miss a trick" exactly? We tried to sign the cnut after all.
We did, unsuccessfully. Which is a bit of a surprise as Ramsey is at United supporter.

He must've been scared to death seeing the quality not to mention quantity of our midfielders.

Scholes
Carrick
Hargreaves
Fletcher
Anderson
(Giggs)
((Possebon))
(((((((((((((((((O'Shea)))))))))))))))))

Career wise he probably made a good move.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We did, unsuccessfully. Which is a bit of a surprise as Ramsey is at United supporter.

He must've been scared to death seeing the quality not to mention quantity of our midfielders.

Scholes
Carrick
Hargreaves
Fletcher
Anderson
(Giggs)
((Possebon))
(((((((((((((((((O'Shea)))))))))))))))))

Career wise he probably made a good move.
Exactly. Never gonna get a game for us this season (or, quite possibly, for the next few seasons to come)

While at Arsenal, behind Fabregas he would have only had to get past the mighty talents of Song and Denilson. No-brainer of a decision for a kid who fancied his chances of playing regular PL football.

No doubt we missed out on a talented youngster, which is presumably why we made every effort to sign him. But, unfortunately, we can't fecking kidnap talented young central midfielders, just because we don't want them to end up at our rivals. We can leave that sort of shite to Chelsea :smirk:

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
But, unfortunately, we can't fecking kidnap talented young central midfielders, just because we don't want them to end up at our rivals.
Yeah, kidnapping lazy Bulgarian strikers is more our thing.

:angel:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
ain't bothered one bit about Ramsey.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I don't like him. Anyone who claims to be a United fan and then rejects us fro Arsenal is a twat and not welcome here. So no, we didn't miss out on anything. Hope he goes the same way as Mikel.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
I don't like him. Anyone who claims to be a United fan and then rejects us fro Arsenal is a twat and not welcome here. So no, we didn't miss out on anything. Hope he goes the same way as Mikel.
He would be stupid if he didn't put his football career before being a United fan.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Yet another "Have we missed a trick here - Ramsey" thread.
Yeah, getting a bit sick of this.

Benitez said he didn't sign Sergio Aguero when he had the chance a few years ago as he thought he was too young.

Wouldn't something like that piss you off a lot more than Aaron fecking Ramsey?

As regards young players coming through things look pretty bright at United.

charleysurf

Yes, because coming to Manchester United would destroy any youngsters football career :houllier:
It's pretty clear that he had a much easier path to the first team at Arsenal. Would he have played yet at United if he had come here (assuming wedid not send him to Cardiff on-loan)? I very much doubt it.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Yeah, getting a bit sick of this.

Benitez said he didn't sign Sergio Aguero when he had the chance a few years ago as he thought he was too young.

Wouldn't something like that piss you off a lot more than Aaron fecking Ramsey?

As regards young players coming through things look pretty bright at United.
No. Ramsey is a world class talent in his own right and importantly he's a Brit.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
It's pretty clear that he had a much easier path to the first team at Arsenal. Would he have played yet at United if he had come here (assuming wedid not send him to Cardiff on-loan)? I very much doubt it.
He is what? 17? 18? FFS he has 15 years of top level football left, if he is so impatient that he has to be playing regular football at the age of 17/18 instead of being gradually drafted into the first team over the period of a few years then that just seems stupid and naive to me. The amount of people I have heard preach about Wenger potentially burning Fabregas out, well this could be the same situation. He based his decision on what he wants now, with no foresight or consideration on what would be best for him long term IMO. Arsenal will probably buy the midfielder they desperately need soon anyway and he will fine himself in the same situation he would have at United. Either way, he can feck off.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Am very happy with how Ramsay's developing.

One of the commentators last night said that it's been a year since his first team debut at Cardiff, last season. From playing Championship sparingly to banging in a goal at a packed-house in Istanbul... Love it. He was even trying out his party tricks.

He's extremely highly rated by the playing squad at Arsenal and Wales.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
"world class talent" is another footballing term which means nothing really.
Alternatively it could mean a young player who seemingly has the potential to be a world class player. But that would be downright logical.

Ekeke

Was a well taken goal last night, similar to Rooney's. Not sure about a partnership between him and Fabregas though. Could be he ends up Fabregas' replacement instead.

Have we missed a trick? Could be. We may not see a better replacement for Scholes for a while. Certainly not a British one anyway.

Pogue Mahone

Alternatively it could mean a young player who seemingly has the potential to be a world class player. But that would be downright logical.
Calling someone a "world class talent" is not the same as saying someone has the potential to be a world class player.

I would say that United have at least 3 or 4 kids at the club with the potential to develop into world class players. I wouldn't describe any of them as being world class talents already. Nor is Aaron Ramsey.

Sylar

Quality player but would he have been given a chance. Id like to see the ones we have given a chance anyway. But I think he will end up a real good buy for Arsenal (until he leaves them in a couple of years)

And sending Neville to greet him instead of Ferguson must have made his decision easier. I think if Ferguson really really wanted him he would have left his holiday and snapped him up.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Quality player but would he have been given a chance. Id like to see the ones we have given a chance anyway. But I think he will end up a real good buy for Arsenal (until he leaves them in a couple of years)

And sending Neville to greet him instead of Ferguson must have made his decision easier. I think if Ferguson really really wanted him he would have left his holiday and snapped him up.
lol

And why exactly would he leave us?

And to whom?

Pogue Mahone

I've heard that theory before but it beggars belief that a player would make a decision about his career based on who met him at the club. At least if he did, he's a bit thick.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Calling someone a "world class talent" is not the same as saying someone has the potential to be a world class player.

I would say that United have at least 3 or 4 kids at the club with the potential to develop into world class players. I wouldn't describe any of them as being world class talents already. Nor is Aaron Ramsey.
In your case kouroux might have a point.

Sylar

lol

And why exactly would he leave us?

And to whom?
Yeah that was a bit of a cheap shot, but I do think you lot will lose a few good players abroad (mainly the foreign ones) if you dont win something to keep them interested. It would be hard for Ramsey to join another top team in England so I could see him going abroad (but thats very unlikely)

As I said he will be quality for you but it might be dampered if hes having to play with different players every year and not winning anything.

Leg-End

Every time he scores or plays well we will have a new thread on him? He's at Arsenal, good luck to him.

Sylar

I've heard that theory before but it beggars belief that a player would make a decision about his career based on who met him at the club. At least if he did, he's a bit thick.
But at the same time, if you are undecided on the two teams to join and Wenger meets you personally and sells you on the club whilst Neville comes along (and you are expecting to meet Fergie) and he doesnt do as good a job, its possible he will be pushed one way.

Hellboy

Fergie made a mistake when he told Gary Neville to convince him about Man United.

But I think Possebon will be as good as him in the future.

charleysurf

Is right. If you're a world class talent then you have the talent of a world class player, i.e. one of the top 2 or 3 players in that position in the world.

If the Arsenal chums want to describe him in those terms then go right ahead. We know what they're like.