Aaron Ramsey

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So Ramsey one of the best players and biggest goalthreats in the league is exactly the same as hard working but nothing exceptional Jordan Henderson. Okiedokie.
Its funny you're arguing the toss with me over how good Cleverley currently is when this is just one of the posts you've made on him previously

Cleverley is a good player and deserves to start for the national team without question but I'm not sure we'd be so impressed by him if he wasnt English (and United's other midfield options bar Carrick were better). He needs to keep adding to the nice goals he's scored already and control the game a bit more. But he's come on leaps and bounds defensively since last season where he barely made a tackle.
That quote by the way was at the start of the season

Ekeke

Its funny you're arguing the toss with me over how good Cleverley currently is when this is just one of the posts you've made on him previously

That quote by the way was at the start of the season
Yes it is, well done. Now would you actually read it? It says I dont think we'd be as impressed by Cleverley if he wasn't English/ours. Which is one of the problems here, one of our fans is going nuts comparing the potential of Cleverley to Aaron Ramsey and Gareth Bale.

If he was Scottish and playing for Aston Villa you'd be calling him awful

Zen

It was actually mid last season looking at the date of it.

Conrad

He made a comparison of their potential, which is crazy. Nothing short of it
Not in the post you were originally replying to or in any of the following posts. As far as I can see all he's done is have the temerity to use the dramatic improvement of players, such as Ramsey, who were widely heralded as donkeys at some point as a reason to be hopeful that Cleverley can kick on and make a mark for us.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I think Ramsey and Bale show that people can not write off someone like Wilshere. I am not sure Cleverley ever showed the same sort of potential. But, Cleverley can definitely still improve though.

Ekeke

Not in the post you were originally replying to or in any of the following posts. As far as I can see all he's done is have the temerity to use the dramatic improvement of players, such as Ramsey, who were widely heralded as donkeys at some point as a reason to be hopeful that Cleverley can kick on and make a mark for us.
Much like Bale he was always going to come good, the potential was too high. Just hope Cleverley can follow suit for us...
Hoping Cleverley can follow suit as someone who's potential is just too high like Bale and Ramsey. No more spoonfeeding

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I think Jack is the obvious captain in the future, I'd give it to the BFG right now.
No way is he captain material. Petulant, all fart and no poo wannabe Twitter celebrity. When he isn't making cringeworthy pieces for Sky or ITV about how he's a glorious lion-hearted leader of an army, using words like courage/bravery (because he runs around a lot) he spends the rest of his time injured. Ramsey & BFG are your best bet.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yes it is, well done. Now would you actually read it?
Yep I read it, you said he was a good player who deserves to not only play for England but to start, compare that to what you started this rant with claiming for him to improve would be for him to just be a good midfielder :houllier:

Now fair enough if you've had a change of heart that can happen but don't come at me suggesting there's something wrong with hoping he can recapture his early form and push on (like Ramsey)

Conrad

Hoping Cleverley can follow suit as someone who's potential is just too high like Bale and Ramsey. No more spoonfeeding
Easy to talk about potential when someone has fulfilled it. You didn't get a lot of people going on about Ramsey's potential when even Arsenal fans had given up on him but it's all so obvious now. I really doubt Cleverley will ever match Ramsey's level of performance this season but there is nothing wrong with hoping he will.

Ekeke

Yep I read it, you said he was a good player who deserves to not only play for England but to start, compare that to what you started this rant with claiming for him to improve would be for him to just be a good midfielder :houllier:

Now fair enough if you've had a change of heart that can happen but don't come at me suggesting there's something wrong with hoping he can recapture his early form and push on (like Ramsey)
If I recall I was defending Cleverley when people were suggesting he shouldnt play for England, when in my opinion he'd done a good job for England and none of the other midfielders were putting a good case forward. At this point players like Lampard, Barry and Henderson have been miles better and by the same merit deserve to be way ahead of him.

Of course he can, I can do that and I'm not a professional footballer. Suggesting he can come good because he's got too much potential like Ramsey and Bale is of course delusional.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Seems like a really nice chap. No idea why Roy isn't taking him to Brazil, he'd be very useful given England's midfield options. Let's see if anyone bites...

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Cheeky £30m bid anyone?

Seems like a really nice chap. No idea why Roy isn't taking him to Brazil, he'd be very useful given England's midfield options. Let's see if anyone bites...
I'm disappointed in you... Twitter has changed you.

RedStarUnited

Wenger stuck with him through think and thin. Arsenal fans hated him for a few years but Wenger kept on playing. Now he is reaping the benefits. If he is really a United fan, we should try move for him in a year or 2.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I really have a hard time imagining Arsenal selling him to us. I know people will bring up the RvP example, but I just don't see it with Ramsey.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It won't happen just yet, silly. '15/16 season it is.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Wenger stuck with him through think and thin. Arsenal fans hated him for a few years but Wenger kept on playing. Now he is reaping the benefits. If he is really a United fan, we should try move for him in a year or 2.
He wouldn't join you when you were champions what makes you think he will now?

Ruht

Mandzukic is gone. Some fine journalists were sure about that a few moments ago in a TV show.
A cheeky bid from us. ;)

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bayern-munich-eye-arsenals-aaron-3560013
If the Mirror are saying it, it must be true! :p

I'd absolutely love to have him if we were to lose a midfielder. He is an excellent player and one of my favourites in the PL. That being said, I don't see him leaving Arsenal in the near future. Did he not sign a new deal recently?

alastair

ignorant
Just on Aaron.

Yesterday was incredibly special. He epitomises Wenger's philosophy as well. What an immense goal for him.

The bravery on display yesterday to inspire the team was amazing.

So difficult to keep your emotions in check when you see Ramsey showing Wenger's genius and heart.

Sam

I wonder if he'll continue his regular goalscoring next season, or if this was one of those one off seasons that sometimes happens to a player where they just seem to score goal after goal after goal (not doubting his overall quality, mind)

alastair

ignorant
I wonder if he'll continue his regular goalscoring next season, or if this was one of those one off seasons that sometimes happens to a player where they just seem to score goal after goal after goal (not doubting his overall quality, mind)
Hmmm, I've been wondering this.

I think the positions he takes up will mean he still scores plenty, but if fit all year, he would have been on 25 goals by now. That's quite insane.

I suspect he'll strike up Lampard kind of figures in the end which would be lovely.

Glanville95

Don't think that's the case. Ramsey has always been an instinctive player in the box and one who has always had regular goal-scoring opportunities. Now however, he is a revitalised player and his finishing and composure has improved exponentially. I think he will continue to score ten-plus goals a season until he hits his thirties and beyond.

Remarkable player nonetheless.

Sam

Hmmm, I've been wondering this.

I think the positions he takes up will mean he still scores plenty, but if fit all year, he would have been on 25 goals by now. That's quite insane.

I suspect he'll strike up Lampard kind of figures in the end which would be lovely.
It seems to be something he just suddenly added to his game this season, I don't remember him scoring that many previously? It will be interesting to see if its something that will now stay with him, as you say, ala Lampard. His stats for the first part of the season were ridiculous.

alastair

ignorant
It seems to be something he just suddenly added to his game this season, I don't remember him scoring that many previously? It will be interesting to see if its something that will now stay with him, as you say, ala Lampard. His stats for the first part of the season were ridiculous.
It's also confidence in front of goal.

He had quite a poor first hour yesterday (who didn't) but he's adding that capability to just do something special to liven up an average game otherwise.

I'm just so happy for him as he's such a top guy who's dealt with a lot.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He wouldn't score the chances, though he would find himself in the right positions constantly. He is able to compose himself now.

RedStarUnited

He wouldn't join you when you were champions what makes you think he will now?
I said in the future not now. And also back then Arsene probably promised him a lot more game time. He will be coming as a starter not a promising young player. If you also noticed I based this whole idea on the hope that he really is a United fan.

Boycott

Not impressed with him this season. Last season he orchestrated their play but now he gets to obsessed with getting on the score sheet and takes silly efforts and getting caught way out of his position. Lots of errors through fouls, turnovers start from him.

m1y2

He certainly is best as box to box midfielder but Arsenal needs to invest in holding midfielder, someone who will break attacks and give Ramsey more space to attack. Someone like Fernando would be great for them, even Fernandinho, brilliant today, would fit the bill.. And I can see him scoring say 15 goals as well this season he has great set of skills to score various type of goals. I think his main asset is that he is great poacher, almost looking like Scholes in front of the goal seeking the tap-ins..

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Not impressed with him this season. Last season he orchestrated their play but now he gets to obsessed with getting on the score sheet and takes silly efforts and getting caught way out of his position. Lots of errors through fouls, turnovers start from him.
Completely agree with this. He was at his best running the midfield last season, with the goals just as a bonus. Needs to work just on the basics again.

Don't think him and Wilshere have quite figured out how to play with each-other in the middle yet too, Ramsey benefited loads from the space Ozil created for him. That understanding will come soon.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Said it in the matchday thread that the 2 goals he's scored this season hide how poor he's been, to the surprise of @ItsEssexRob.