5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defensively excellent like everyone in the backline. Drove forward pretty well in the second half. Wish he'd just drop the shoulder and do it more often, he has the pace. Created that great chance for Pogba.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Shut down their left wing very successfully. When the team is sitting back, he is really an asset to protect our defenders. Had a lot of good forward runs doing shit on his own up the field which I enjoyed rather than seeing him recycling possession back to Lindelof who then hoofs it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Kept down another world class LW.

And he wouldnt get in to any PL team.

And we need a RB who can only cross and we are constantly being open to.

Shaw and Wan Bissaka is a clear tactic - some people dont get it, especially in the modern day when most of the attack is from inverted wingers.

The guy will improve as well, hopefully like shaw.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I was a bit worried he'd do the thing where he forgets all about the space behind him when the ball is on their right side as Liverpool like to have Alexander-Arnold swing them in. No issues today though which was good to see.

kundalini

One of his better performances this season, though fortunate he didn't make contact with Mane just inside the area.

Ekeke

Great defender. Neither Salah or Mane wanted to be on his side, Robertson had a couple of chances to do something in behind and fluffed it

Ekeke

Shut down their left wing very successfully. When the team is sitting back, he is really an asset to protect our defenders. Had a lot of good forward runs doing shit on his own up the field which I enjoyed rather than seeing him recycling possession back to Lindelof who then hoofs it.
Both of our fullbacks are top class defenders when we're sitting back and organized. McTominay, Fred and Lindelof did a better job than usual helping with covering the fullbacks

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was very good today, got the best of Mane pretty much all game, even skinned him quite a few times.

Sylar

There was one moment in the second half I thought he was gonna take out Mane near the edge of the box (think it would have just been outside) but think he decided against it, and im glad.
Overall a really good game. Should have had an assist for Pogba too as it was nicely cut back to him.

Edit:

One of his better performances this season, though fortunate he didn't make contact with Mane just inside the area.
Yeah this is the moment. I think if he had caught him, AWBs foot was outside. Manes would have been close but i reckon the ref would have given a penalty, and given what I saw in Wolves/WBA, VAR would have stayed with it.

SuperiorXI

He had a good game and is one of our better players, usually solid at the back, very rarely beaten.

My one gripe with him is that he gets the ball in the final third a lot but never really looks dangerous with it. He has improved slightly but we need more from that position. A class RW will help.

Andersons Dietician

I don’t think he was bad yesterday but there were certainly a few moments positionally where he should have been in a better spot.

I think Oles, use of Fred and McT to cover the fullbacks sometimes is leaving Bissaka in trouble because McT kind of shuts off or doesn’t get in the right positions. Fair play to Bissaka, he lives for a 1 on 1 duel.

Is it me or is he getting a lot more confident going forward. Somehow his Bambi on ice style of dribbiling just works for him. You think he’s lost it and somehow he gets to it, pokes it through or round someone or kind of just tackles through them. It’s so weird but it’s generally working for him even if it looks comically clums.
I think there is still more to come from him.

Idxomer

He may have the worst positioning sense from any fullback in the league.

King Eric 7

I can't see him improving enough to warrant a place in the starting eleven next season. We should be looking to upgrade in the summer, but with so many other priority positions, we'll probably be stuck with watching AWB for a while yet.

PoTMS

Awful football player. He's the type of player that would start for Championship cloggers. No technical ability, no control on the ball, just a tackler.

Ekeke

His mistake for the first goal and before that a loose pass gave away posession. Other than that played well, some good crosses too

E-mal

He is not a defender at all, poor positioning and awareness.
Average going forward.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He may have the worst positioning sense from any fullback in the league.
Shat himself after giving the goal away by being too deep and over-compensated for the rest of the match. Let any runner on his side have two yards on him. Fecking shocking.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
His body language is weird. I have to admit I don't like him personally so my judgment will be a bit biased, but I thought his mind was somewhere else today,

Art

Art the artist
Ive hardly ever seen him vocalize or communicate to his defenders. There was an article in The Athletic about how he's this super quiet player who just comes in and does his job but surely playing for a club like United should change things ? Increasingly questioning injecting 50 million into a player of his quality despite his 1v1 defensive capabilities.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Only player in the world who goes in tackle while having ball in his feet. Unbelievable.
In general he is not a bad player but as a football player (so regarding pure skill on the ball) he is by far the worst United player in last 30 years. If someone disagree with this, please name one our player who was worse on the ball. You can include goalkeepers too

Obiorahking_

He frustrates me. People say that our slow cbs is the reason he tucks in so much but even with Baily he tends to switch off. Too slow closing his man down. Going forward he’s actually been better in recent games, including today. He’s actually getting past his man and getting balls into the box which is great, but I need him to be 100% focused.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not gonna comment on his shenanigans today, but that's not what 50m should get you, politely speaking.

Much better 2nd half. His understanding is way better with Pogba than Mason. We need that right side addressed ASAP.

The United

He improved after the first 5 mins then shaky again in 80s a bit.

He has a habit of pass to the wide man and stop instead of following up with a forward run.

I don't think Shaw is the best FB but even with another Shaw on the right, we would improve so much more overall.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
so dramatic.

played well. Technically he needs to improve. Nice to see him getting forward more. Work in progress.
You can't improve something which you don't have at all.
To be clear, he is excellent for some games. Against Pool or City he is great. But we need attacking full back for games when we are favourites. Two right backs who we can rotate

CallyRed

Another player who is reactive and waits for stuff to happen. Seems to lose concentration at times

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
1 v 1 with the ball at an attackers feet I will say without any doubt that AWB is the best defender in the world. Nobody gets past him. His positioning however can sometimes be absolutely horrible. Too many times he lets a winger go and for me, he was at fault for the first goal. A RB should never be the one keeping players on the left side of the field onside...

Baxter

Absolutely need a rotation option at right back.

The block on Lookman at the end was brilliant, but he was pretty brutal apart from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.