Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Him and Shaw suffer because we are playing very one dimensional players in front of them. The amount of work they are expected to do is mental.
I think AWB has looked good linking up with James a few times. But yeah I get what youre saying.

Saying that, its so frustrating that AWB crosses in free space and hits a stationary defender which is normally the first man. Thats like an art.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I think he lacks confidence. He’s still a young, very inexperienced player. And he looks quite shy and timid too. Hopefully he grows more confident because I believe he can do it.
He definitely lacks confidence. The thing is, he puts in some good crosses when he finally does put a ball in. But yesterday with all that possession and Cavani making runs in the box, he only put in 3 crosses and two of them was along the ground (to be fair one was a great cross that the defender barely got a toe to)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's funny how dominant he is over Sterling literally every time they play each other.

Limited time against Foden but he seems way more vulnerable against that type of wide player. A standard pacey, direct winger who cuts in is easy for him though.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Always available for selection. This season will be massive injection of needed experience for the lad.

Another good thing he got loads of time for further improvement.

OmarUnited4ever

He isn't comfortable on the ball, but he did extremely well defensively, he made one good run that Fernandes didn't spot but all in all excellent game today.

I think he'll improve on the ball with time, he is very young and very dependable

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd love him to be our corner taker for a bit so he can become a bit more accurate with the ball at his feet.

I've always been a big fan though, even if we get another RV in the future - I'd never sell him.

GioF

It’s such a luxury to be able to lock one side of the fields down like he does. Just an unbelievable defender.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He was so good. There are not many fullbacks you feel confident when left one on one but he makes it look easy.

Ole'sattheWheel

I swear him and sterling have some unresolved beef. The way this guy destroys him every time they play against eachother is suspicious.

He was amazing today, right place at the right time every time. Love it

criticalanalysis

It's funny how dominant he is over Sterling literally every time they play each other.

Limited time against Foden but he seems way more vulnerable against that type of wide player. A standard pacey, direct winger who cuts in is easy for him though.
Yes agree as Foden is a more intelligent player than Sterling, who uses his feints and balance better.

Good defensive game from AWB. Can't ask more when he shut down that flank essentially.

Sylar

Absolutely bossed Sterling yet again! Raheem should just take the day off next time this fixture comes round. :)
Was going to say, city need to put sterling on the other side or just play another play like Foden out there. Awb just has his number

MAME DIOUF 32

When his only job is to defend the man is an absolute wall. Was brave enough to make challenges in risky areas as well and kept winning them.

marktan

Imagine him on one side and Ashley Cole on the other. Would be a defensive sight to behold

RedIan

No Man City player successfully dribbled past Aaron Wan Bissaka.

Made more interceptions (5) than any other player on the pitch and no #mufc player made more tackles (3).

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Don't know if he was 'struggling more' vs Foden per se, just that he'd spent 75 minutes in an intense battle with Sterling and Foden came on completely fresh.

Monstrous performance, as always.

For me,

AWB - Maguire - Shaw
McTominay
Bruno
Rashford

should always start when fit, and the rest can be filled in by 'best available'. Core of our team!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He isn't comfortable on the ball, but he did extremely well defensively, he made one good run that Fernandes didn't spot but all in all excellent game today.

I think he'll improve on the ball with time, he is very young and very dependable
People keep saying that but it’s not true, even yesterday he did a little bit of skill to get out of a tight spot. He’s got skills.

what he doesn’t have:
Consistent right sided support creating space for him
Consistency of passing and crossing
Weak in the air
Composure sometimes

but he IS comfortable on the ball

Bestie07

People keep saying that but it’s not true, even yesterday he did a little bit of skill to get out of a tight spot. He’s got skills.

what he doesn’t have:
Consistent right sided support creating space for him
Consistency of passing and crossing
Weak in the air
Composure sometimes

but he IS comfortable on the ball
I was discussing the same thing with my father yesterday. We both felt that it is AWBs passing that was not upto the required standard, but he seems alright in other aspects of his attacking game.

mav_9me

Yesterday was better than usual from him with regards to dealing with pressing. Did better with short passing in tight areas. Hopefully that's a sign of improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.