g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Aaron Wan-Bissaka image 29

Aaron Wan-Bissaka England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Wan bissaka had to deal with both alba & gavi as he moved inwards. AWB was playing RB/RCB for us. tifo explained it quite well.

Sylar

Was told he wasn't a footballer
Was beautiful to watch. AWB is an enigma. His passing in short distances like that is good as is his dribbling at times. His passing and crossing at times feels like he lacks confidence

dasty

2 months ago this forum told me that AWB has no future and can't play football, wouldn't even be good enough for a relegation fighting PL team.

Today he is doing ole with Sancho around Leicester players.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was beautiful to watch. AWB is an enigma. His passing in short distances like that is good as is his dribbling at times. His passing and crossing at times feels like he lacks confidence
If he gets 10% of the shite said on here filtering through to him, I'm not surprised he might have a bit of a confidence problem. Hopefully he has the character and self belief to tell the shite from the valid criticism...

Like many in this team, and football in general. He's a confidence player...

Sylar

Large sections of our fanbase think a player is amazing or Championship quality. It is what it is.

Good performance.
That's fair, it's always one extreme or another

If he gets 10% of the shite said on here filtering through to him, I'm not surprised he might have a bit of a confidence problem. Hopefully he has the character and self belief to tell the shite from the valid criticism...

Like many in this team, and football in general. He's a confidence player...
I get that, I think we got ott on here especially when criticising players especially reacting straight away

I do worry when players let it continually affect them especially as they age and mature.

Long Time Red

In this form and as our only RB to possess an outstanding skill, clearly our number one.
Wan-Bissaka was really excellent tonight and was an attacking threat too.

Dalot didn't do much in his 30 minutes on the pitch other than do a step over and get tackled.

Based Adnan

Barca were clearly happy to give him the ball, that in itself tells you all you need to know

mavradal

Wan-Bissaka was really excellent tonight and was an attacking threat too.

Dalot didn't do much in his 30 minutes on the pitch other than do a step over and get tackled.
Dalot didn't even play 30 minutes while AWB almost gifted a goal if not for Anthony.

Aint gota Kalou

Thought it was the correct time to come off, he looked tired and started to vacate his position a bit too much. Was generally good though. His ball carrying is underrated

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He looked alright but with his typical flaws. He’s decent with the ball but not great when moving it on.

Lassitude42

Barca were clearly happy to give him the ball, that in itself tells you all you need to know
Love the spin. If they had pressed him you'd say "Barcelona were pressing him because they know he's vulnerable to it. Tells you all you need to know"

Vapor trail

He had a sound performance not enough attacking output to be considered good. But he didn't look out of place against a team flying first in their league with very established attacking players.

Based Adnan

Love the spin. If they had pressed him you'd say "Barcelona were pressing him because they know he's vulnerable to it. Tells you all you need to know"
Hardly a spin when it's clear to see if you watched the game. Doubt any other player had as many touches on the ball as he did, first half especially.

NoPace

Large sections of our fanbase think a player is amazing or Championship quality. It is what it is.
Yea it precludes the existence of players worth say 15-25M, almost all of whom won't be good enough for United but are clearly Prem quality players. Also basically the entire Swiss national team and Atletico Bilbao's entire starting XI.

redcucumber

Necessary sub to bring him off. Was okay in parts but his positioning was noticeably off in the second half. He was defending on our side from where we sit and he was getting dragged out of position often, so seemed tired.

K Stand Knut

Thought he was really poor tonight.

Just not good enough on the ball. Or even close to good enough.

Shocked by the number of positive comments about his game. Thought he’d be the one hooked at HT.

I guess he’s lucky ETH is the manager and not me

Long Time Red

Thought he was really poor tonight.

Just not good enough on the ball. Or even close to good enough.

Shocked by the number of positive comments about his game. Thought he’d be the one hooked at HT.

I guess he’s lucky ETH is the manager and not me
I think you just have it in for him.

Had the highest pass completion of the starting back 4 tonight and carried the ball up the pitch well.

Long Time Red

His positioning had me tearing my hair out. I thought ETH made a mistake having him start. We lose so much progression with him. Barca were daring him to do something in the first half with how much space they gave him
How do you know what his positioning was supposed to be? It looked like he was told to go tight with Roberto whenever he dropped into midfield.

Robbie Boy

I think he's really improved under ETH. He's not going to be an automatic first choice due to his limitations, but he would make a solid squad option.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He gives us a great different option to other RB’s.

Marked very well first half before his aisle became more open.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I find it interesting how Ten Hag mentioned him not using the spaces he was afforded well enough in the first half.

jackal&hyde

He is improving and if that continues we might not have to buy a new RB. If he can do the classical full back/ wing back run at players and overlap for a decent cross, then it is a very good option combined with a player on the right like Bruno that is more of a playmaker. Dalot is then another option that can also go in a more central role and have synergy with a more classical winger like Antony.

I've been very critical of AWB and I still have to say that if he is to be an option for us going in to the future, he has to improve in his positioning. He will never be the all round FB like Shaw or Dalot (potential) but he can be a very good option if he becomes very well developed in his defensive ability. I'm starting to believe that he might be able to make it.

poleglass red

He showed a couple of really good turns of pace that I didn't think he had in him. He's been a lot better lately, still doesn't inspire me totally with confidence if I'm honest, although I feel the same with Dalot

Olecurls99

I find it interesting how Ten Hag mentioned him not using the spaces he was afforded well enough in the first half.
I think that's where he comes a cropper.
He's got lots of ability but pinging passes and threading needles are were he needs to improve.

He could maybe work it out with the LW that he'll find him at the back post when he has that time and space. At least then he knows what he's gonna do and so does the LW.

Things could flow from there.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Amazing performance, he was incredible in that second half.

Jev

Yeah, he was fantastic in the second half and should be first-choice now. I had totally written him off but his resurgence since the World Cup has been a very pleasant surprise. He's even attacking well.

Status
Not open for further replies.