g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Aaron Wan-Bissaka image 29

Aaron Wan-Bissaka England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Time Red

Difficult to argue Dalot is better going forward anymore.

Wan-Bissaka was a real threat today and is linking up really well.

Defensively another outstanding performance, can't really remember any attacks coming down our right side at all.

Baneofthegame

It's amazing how much of a 180 for him, dribbled out of some tight situations, made some nice passes, solid in defence.

Only negative was him missing his goal, which to be fair came at him quick on his weak foot.

Would keep him for the homegrown status even if we get someone in for next season.

Rustyspider13

Greatest example of hard work and training paying off. He and the coaches should be proud of how far he has come in his attacking contributions.

Lecland07

Good player. I think he is a really good with the ball at his feet. His dribbling is massively underrated.

He is also good at the quick short-passing game. Defensively, he was great today.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s so obviously better than Dalot for me. Would also make more sense as the other option if we brought in Frimpong.

Sylar

Open goal miss aside, thought he did really well in the attacking third. Some good passes

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Excellent game. He's so mobile and always open to pass. His heading is improving. 8/10.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is a better attacker than Dalot now.

Has always been better defensively.

Keep Malacia and Wan Bissaka as our defensive full backs and replace Dalot for a better attacker.

Superunknown

Played very, very well today. However, that miss is awful. Luckily it didn't cost us in the end.

ShinjiNinja26

He was one of the first names out the door at the end of last season but he’s improved massively to the point where I’m really not sure it’s the right decision to sell him and keep Dalot. I’d much rather have AWB as a back up if we’re looking to bring in an ultra attacking right back like Frimpong.

Bebestation

Good player. I think he is a really good with the ball at his feet. His dribbling is massively underrated.

He is also good at the quick short-passing game. Defensively, he was great today.
This is what I’ve been saying for ages.

He gets out of tight situations really quickly. It’s very underrated.

chay chay okocha

Fantastic performance from him, dodgy miss and a couple of dangerous square balls into midfield aside. I've seen it mentioned a few times now, but not often enough - he plays really well with Antony. His willingness to make continual underlapping and overlapping runs gives Antony more time on the ball, in a way that hasn't really happened with the Dalot / Antony combination. I posted earlier in the season that I don't see a Dalot / AWB combination as a title winning RB option, but I am coming around to AWB given the incredible improvements he's made in the last couple of months.

Raven

Very good performance, definitely a little better than championship level, it has to be said.

CloneMC16

This is what I’ve been saying for ages.

He gets out of tight situations really quickly. It’s very underrated.
It baffles me how some of the fanbase don't see it. His dribbling and ball carrying are very, very good.

He played some nice passes today, too. Great performance.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Poor guy is judged by his awkward style of play, he is so much better than given credit for.

Member 101269

On the whole a very good performance, missing that near open net, my gwad.. Very happy with the improvement that seems visible.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's just a more dominant player than Dalot. You actually notice his presence.

Oranges038

I would call that a good standard full back performance.

He did well, but the reality is that should be his base level performance.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Best peformance in a long long time. One to make ETH consider him ahead of Dalot (we should sell one do them)

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Difficult to argue Dalot is better going forward anymore.

Wan-Bissaka was a real threat today and is linking up really well.

Defensively another outstanding performance, can't really remember any attacks coming down our right side at all.
Dalot has never really been better going forward than AWB. Well, better than AWB was in his really low points last season yes, but not AWB when he was actually playing well. The thing that Dalot is normally much better at is his build-up out from the back and helping the midfield gain general control. Obviously he's been poor since the World Cup though and AWB certainly deserves his spot now.

Bebestation

He has a lot of good performances and not just purple patches.

It’s like some people forgot about match vs Newcastle already.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's definitely improved over last three months, so credit to him, but he's still not good enough to be our regular right back if we want to be competitive with likes of City.

The fact we seem to be looking at an attacked minded right back this summer doesn't surprise me at all.

Frank White

Was brilliant today aside from that miss, another one who's seemingly turned it around.

redcucumber

He's just a more dominant player than Dalot. You actually notice his presence.
Agree with this. I've been a stern critic of AWB but he actually imposes himself on games now and seems to enjoy getting involved. His confidence is there and he's outperforming Dalot by some margin. We still need to bring in Frimpong/a RB but it's great to see AWB show what he can do.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
At this point the only thing Dalot does better is hit a snappy forward pass. And he's even improving in that area. He's done really well to win his place back and put forward a good case for keeping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.