View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

gajender

He is good at sliding around but he isnt very smart. He did well for a while last season as right back. We need a LB back so AWB can be put on the bench again.
Ideally Needs to be sold in summer or at worst kept for another year and released on free but for God sake no extension please .

Ekeke

Poor game. Wrong body position letting the ball hit his back, you need to be braver as a footballer and as a defender. You're being paid for whatever damage that ball does going into your chest or wherever else. So turning your back is not good enough. Then for the penalty his hands were out right before the handball so I think its hard to argue against it. They werent close in being careful.

Usually and overall a fan of his but today he was lacking

Dannn411

People were just on here saying he didn't need to be replaced. I mean the standards are in the gutter if this guy is playing for Manchester United beyond the last day of the season.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Why is a footballer his age seemingly incapable of running? Drives me up the wall seeing that clown jogging back when we're getting peppered with chances.

Aint gota Kalou

He's not helped by being out of position but....

He's so casual, never says a word on the pitch, can't defend outside a slide tackle. Offers nothing going forward other than the odd bit of ball carrying. He needs to go.

Malone_Post

Playing him at left back is genuinely hilarious. The guy barely resembles a footballer on the right. Another ETH masterclass.

Idxomer

Playing him on the left isn't the problem, he has zero awareness on either flank.

It's better to play one of the few decent performers on the team in his natural position.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Did his absolute best to lose that today, just too lazy to even jog out of position enough to play the attacker onside there at the end.

Brain dead. Lacks any sense of what defending actually is, unless the ball is right in front of him.

criticalanalysis

I think I've used the words 'lackadaisical' to his positioning and 'free hit' to his ball playing about a couple of dozen times. Same today.

I used to like him and still think he could be a decent player but he's not worth it as a backup right back (behind Dalot) and deffo not as a left back. He has value now, so let's sell and get someone in with potential or someone that can push in the first 11.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Playing on the left must be really disorienting for a right back, he looked proper dizzy. Also running towards our goal must be much tougher than running towards the opponents’.
What a weird defender.

We scouted 800 right backs and chose him, apparently.

DavelinaJolie

On the one hand playing on the left clearly doesn't suit him, but also his unwillingness to front up attackers and instead constantly turning his back to them in the area is a real problem. Add that to his general lack of technical ability but I just don't see why he should be here next season.

criticalanalysis

Playing on the left must be really disorienting for a right back, he looked proper dizzy. Also running towards our goal must be much tougher than running towards the opponents’.
What a weird defender.

We scouted 800 right backs and chose him, apparently.
I played as a RB and when I had to go to the other side, yes it actually is, therefore I totally understand. Well as comparable as Sunday League is :lol: but I can empathise.

However, to not know how to mitigate that and/or to constantly make the same mistakes is quite unforgivable. Besides, if he was at least good on the ball or smart with his positioning to not be so open, you could 'forgive' that. The rest of his game is too inconsistent and not progressive enough. He's too reactive of a player so overall as I said in my post above, he's a net negative for us especially considering his contract situation. We need to sell now when he has value and not keep him/his profile of player.

EI Beatle

gets an instant 0/10 for wearing gloves at the end of april on a sunny afternoon, -

Hes just so laid back i dont think ive seen him talk to his teammates on the pitch in his united career

atkar83

How can an left (right) back be so good one on one vs some of the best wingers in the world, but also have near zero on pitch awareness and body control. Even with his lack of scoring ability, if he wasn't so lazy with positioning he'd be fine as our starting LB

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I thought we'd be good with Dalot and him at RB but I'm starting to change my mind. He's just not good enough. I'd sell

spiriticon

Hands down the second thickest player in our team. Only just marginally smarter than Rashford

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
How can an left back be so good one on one vs some of the best wingers in the world, but also have near zero on pitch awareness and body control. Even with his lack of scoring ability, if he wasn't so lazy with positioning he'd be fine as our starting LB
He is obviously not a "left back", but how he has been picking up idiotic pens and costing us games is inexcusable

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
His biggest issue at right back are extrapolated at left back. He's not comfortable there, there's even less support because he's playing with Rashford and that combination increases the odds of him making mistakes or switching off.

Silverman

I am a fan of certain aspects of his game but he's just too lazy. Should be sold imo.

Telsim

Unless he has the job of marking someone the entire game, he is not good. Made worse by being played out of position.

Medium term, I think he can be a good squad option as RB, when someone needs to be kept in check. But has no business starting if we are looking to be a proper team, which means possession football.

Andersons Dietician

I remember under the Ole times questioning his actual fitness and again today he looked dead on his feet around 70 minutes in. Watching him try to run in extra time was painful and fair enough he was trying to get forward and kept running but given he couldn’t get to any ball going forward and didn’t have the ability to get back he became non existent basically.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I remember under the Ole times questioning his actual fitness and again today he looked dead on his feet around 70 minutes in. Watching him try to run in extra time was painful and fair enough he was trying to get forward and kept running but given he couldn’t get to any ball going forward and didn’t have the ability to get back he became non existent basically.
He makes a lot of runs so I'm not surprised. Cannot understand why he gets played regularly on the left to be honest, would Dalot be any worse there? Baffling...

Roboc7

He’s just nowhere near good enough, not helped by being played at LB and unlucky with penalty but doesn’t do himself any favours with a lot of the sloppiness and switching off.

He either has to be sold this summer or he runs last year of contract down and leaves for free, giving him a new contract would be pure incompetence.

Shinjch

He will never be good enough. No idea why we extended his deal either.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Catastrophic today. He's not a left back, and he's been having some brain farts lately.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I don’t doubt fitness issues across this entire squad, but I don’t think it helps that players coming back from injury are basically forced to play every minute…until they get injured again.

MiracleInMadrid

The positioning and complete lack of concentration and awareness for the disallowed goal was truly harrowing to watch.

He just doesn't have good enough natural instinct as a defender when it comes to positioning himself, which in the modern game where margins can decide a game is extremely important.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Its not Baffling at all. Dalot cemented first choice at RB. Thats why AWB has been on the left.
As far as I know Dalot is supposed to be the experienced LB, so either he's that good a RB (he isn't) that we have to have AWB on the left. Or he's worse than AWB on the left (I doubt it but ok)

It's a bit like the Varane nonsense that people were on here defending for weeks.

Personally, for the sake of the team. I'd have them in their natural positions.....

There are posters that have made up their mind that he is shite, that's fair but at least base it on a player playing in their natural position. It's pretty obvious he's not played much there.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
As far as I know Dalot is supposed to be the experienced LB, so either he's that good a RB (he isn't) that we have to have AWB on the left. Or he's worse than AWB on the left (I doubt it but ok)

It's a bit like the Varane nonsense that people were on here defending for weeks.

Personally, for the sake of the team. I'd have them in their natural positions.....

There are posters that have made up their mind that he is shite, that's fair but at least base it on a player playing in their natural position. It's pretty obvious he's not played much there.
I agree. My point was simply its not baffling why it was being done. The surprise is it was stuck to even whilst it has come undone the last 3 games.

Bobski

There are times when he is running back and it looks terribly laboured, proper running in sand stuff. Makes me think that he just has the wrong body type for full back in the modern game, a bit too big and heavy to get up and down constantly at high intensity.