View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

fps

One of those opportunity cost signings that constantly has you going, "No, mate. Just no."

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
To be a premier league level fullback, you need to have a certain amount of attacking skills going forward. He has zero and doesn’t contribute anything going forward. He’s very rash and keeps making mistakes. Solely being good in 1-1 situations isn’t really good enough to qualify for being PL quality. Maybe he could do well in the Championship but certainly not PL quality.
Again that’s nonsense. He may not be Manchester United quality but he has proven that he can play in this league. You’re forgetting his form at the start of the season.

Oscar Bonavena

For a 50 million quid player, I couldn't believe how technically deficient he was in his first games for United. Can barely control and pass the ball, and it hasn't improved much since. For that amount of outlay, you'd want a player who at least has his basic technique down.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
For a 50 million quid player, I couldn't believe how technically deficient he was in his first games for United. Can barely control and pass the ball, and it hasn't improved much since. For that amount of outlay, you'd want a player who at least has his basic technique down.
Is this narrative still doing the rounds?

AshRK

Absolute limited footballer this guy is. If I had a choice to let go one player it would be him.

DavelinaJolie

There’s a reason United fans used to call him the wall

Hes out of position, out of form
He definitely looks shot in terms of his confidence, but at the same time as others have mentioned, his defending in space is still bad and he has regressed in terms of what he was beginning to do further up the pitch. At this point can we realistically expect him to develop in those areas which are pretty damn important in a modern fb? I don't think so.

It's not good to see him performing this way, and I thought he was beginning to progress previously. But I'm just of the opinion that he can't do what is needed and needs to be sold if at all possible.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
50 million fecking pounds. The last decade needs to be studied in classtooms. People should be going to jail.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

AWB has no place in a team that's aiming to play any kind of football. There are right backs in the Championship who have better touch and on the ball ability. £50m after looking at 800+ fullbacks. FFS! :lol:

KjaAnd

What an awful player. He has no intensity or intelligence to his game. Can’t pass, doesn’t know how to position himself, seems uninterested. The chance he wasted today was comically bad.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Posters love slating players on here, absolutely live for it... Go and have a wank or something ffs

Ekeke

AWB and Dalot cant have a bad match. If they do it brings out the asylum inmates typing with their tongues because their arms stuck in a straight jacket.

He was okay today, poor the past game and has been good overall this season. There are better rightbacks but hes fine. He's not the reason we try to bore teams to death with the slowest buildup in the league, thats the manager and midfield. He should have done better with his chance to shoot where he didnt even get his shot away. Thats about it

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think I have this with probably more than half the squad, but he really does epitomise it for me. There have been times where I thought he was good, then terrible, then maybe good, then maybe both, then getting good enough and now I'm back to thinking he is just not good enough, even as a squad player.

If he's got a year left on his deal I think he should definitely be moved on in the summer.

Nicolarra90

The fact that he didn't even try to shoot when received that pass in the box is enough for me to let him rot in the reserves forever.

Red00012

AWB and Dalot cant have a bad match. If they do it brings out the asylum inmates typing with their tongues because their arms stuck in a straight jacket.

He was okay today, poor the past game and has been good overall this season. There are better rightbacks but hes fine. He's not the reason we try to bore teams to death with the slowest buildup in the league, thats the manager and midfield. He should have done better with his chance to shoot where he didnt even get his shot away. Thats about it
How our standards have fallen. He is clearly not good enough.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's so frustrating. An excellent one on one defender, but so limited that he's a big hindrance to how we play.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He would be excellent signing for teams which play defensive football with full backs who have only defensive duties. Attacking wise he is way out of depth to play in a team which want to play attacking football.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
To think we paid £50m for this utterly hopeless player! The very definition of a league 1 player, and so ehow has managed to survive 4 seasons...only at a club like Utd!
Unfair. He’s a neat and tidy full back that’s playing for the wrong club. He’d be great for Dyche or Moyes.

The constant up and down and exposure at United makes him look terrible. He’s still a PL player.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Reckon he's available on loan? Don't think we would have enough to buy him but we need a RB this summer and he would be a good option.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Reckon he's available on loan? Don't think we would have enough to buy him but we need a RB this summer and he would be a good option.
He has a year left on his contract so obviously we’ll try to sell him but I wouldn’t be surprised if we failed to do that, will loan him and lose him for free in 2025.

Based Adnan

He has a year left on his contract so obviously we’ll try to sell him but I wouldn’t be surprised if we failed to do that, will loan him and lose him for free in 2025.
Can see Palace coming in for him for around £15m. Joel Ward and Nathaniel Clyne still get games for them.

LDUred

I think he's an excellent tackler, incredibly athletic, and a solid defender in most aspects, but his positional awareness worries the heck out of me. Like what the feck was he doing against Coventry nearly playing their striker onside? If you're a centre back like Maguire you don't trust him when setting an offside trap.

No matter how good someone is in one on one situations you can't win stuff with defenders who don't read the game. It is a shame because he has so many positives.

Last edited:

FootballAI

I think he's an excellent tackler, incredibly athletic, and a solid defender in most aspects, but his positional awareness worries the heck out of me. Like what the feck was he doing against Coventry nearly playing their striker onside? If you're a centre back like Maguire you don't trust him when setting an offside trap.

No matter how good someone is in one on one situations you can't win stuff with defenders who don't read the game. It is a shame because he has so many positives.
Other than tackling, I don't see him having any strength. His decision making is getting worse since joining and he is as unreliable as Onana, our 2 biggest weakness in the defence. It has been several years with us and it's time for him to move on.

Can't wait for Shaw to come back.

Gandalf

I think he knows this is his last season with us and his performances reflect that, we extended Dalot but not him and we are constantly linked with right backs. I think he is fully amoritized at this point so from a PSR lens any full sale helps us and as others have said, for a Dyche or a Moyes style team he would be an asset so I can see something around 10M this summer as doable.