View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

kundalini

Fast asleep for their goal. Several times his clearances went straight to a Newcastle player either inside the area or just outside, who immediately had a shot.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Said it after the Gala game and same applies now. Just doesn't concentrate well enough for the intense games. Frustrating as it was an extremely preventable goal if he'd just stayed switched on.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I would be livid if we gave him a new contract. We need to find him a bottom half club this summer. He is good at nothing besides those spidey tackles, which are also a result of his terrible positioning. Plus, it's flabbergasting the number of times he is caught sleeping. Atrocious footballer.

Marwood

He's so inconsistent.

I've generally been a supporter of AWB but for sure I've noticed, come the big stage, especially away from home, he doesn't have the personality for it. It gets to him and he rarely shows his best in those circumstances.

Tonight another example. He looked petrified.

klayton88

Rashford didn't help him in the slightest. I'll give him some slack tonight.

ti vu

He's so inconsistent.

I've generally been a supporter of AWB but for sure I've noticed, come the big stage, especially away from home, he doesn't have the personality for it. It gets to him and he rarely shows his best in those circumstances.

Tonight another example. He looked petrified.
Both flanks took the beating because Newcastle attacked with team work, and their fullbacks alone are good dribbler, chance creator themselves because their wide attackers. It's more about being outtactic-ed with our players being beaten by movement, and numbers on top of 1 vs 1 defending situation.

He didn't play well, but he did save goal, and cleared some danger. I don't think many defenders in the whole world could do well in this type of game. Maybe a bit better, but no stopping from taking a beating with how we're set out to play.

NoPace

I would be livid if we gave him a new contract. We need to find him a bottom half club this summer. He is good at nothing besides those spidey tackles, which are also a result of his terrible positioning. Plus, it's flabbergasting the number of times he is caught sleeping. Atrocious footballer.
Like McTominay, he's a proven Prem player and teams in the mid-table have enough money to spend 25M+ on a guy like that who will be a 7/10 starter for them for the next 5 years, so his market value is just higher than his value to us.

Same reason we wouldn't pay 25M to sign someone like Castagne or Tarkowski even though they're solid mid-table prem players.

Put Wan-Bissaka on a team that doesn't have the ball much and you've got a RB who's good at shutting down teams' LW, which because that's where rightfooted players play, is often the star attacker, and those teams will live with the lack of ability in possession.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'm honestly surprised more teams don't target his awareness.

He is an incredible 1vs1 defender, but if he needs to defend space or the back post, he gets caught out frequently.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Said it after the Gala game and same applies now. Just doesn't concentrate well enough for the intense games. Frustrating as it was an extremely preventable goal if he'd just stayed switched on.
Never has, and puts in pretty terrible effort in tracking back in general. Kudos to him for going from a horrendous liability in possession to actually a decent level on the ball, but yeah any defending he has to do that isn't strictly 1v1 is so poor.

ti vu

He is an incredible 1vs1 defender, but if he needs to defend space or the back post, he gets caught out frequently.
It's not easy because you have to commit more players to create number/situation around him, or the other area to occupy his mind. Many team are scared to do that, so 1vs1 either wing Shaw and AWB most of the time do their job well.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

It's something that was happening increasingly over his first three seasons. As each season went by teams attacked him 1v1 less and less, but they were taking more and more advantage of his poor positional play by passing it around him instead. It was quite an obvious tactical change.

Then he was dropped/injured for 12 months and barely played for Rangnick and ETH, and when he came back it almost felt like teams had forgotten how to take advantage of him for a while. To be fair I think he has improved his aerial play a bit so the cross to his back post isn't quite as dangerous as it once was, but just in general he struggles with what positions to take up when it's not a straight 1v1. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we start seeing it an increasing amount as time goes on again.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Never has, and puts in pretty terrible effort in tracking back in general. Kudos to him for going from a horrendous liability in possession to actually a decent level on the ball, but yeah any defending he has to do that isn't strictly 1v1 is so poor.
It actually annoyed me when the Fletcher raved about him being "the best in the world at 1v1s". That is all well and good, but if you can't track a runner, what's the effing point. Agreed on your onpoint, he has got considerably better.

Cabin Clown

Off position for the goal (which should have been cleared at least 5 times), but he actually did something useful going forward.

CannibalSpectre

No way near good enough
Your posts in this thread are as predictable as rain in Manchester. Where are you when Bissaka has a good game, of which he's had plenty since January? Where are you when your favored RB Dalot has poor performances, of which he's had plenty recently?

Bisaaka had a better game against Davies than Dalot and Antony did

Based Adnan

Your posts in this thread are as predictable as rain in Manchester. Where are you when Bissaka has a good game, of which he's had plenty since January? Where are you when your favored RB Dalot has poor performances, of which he's had plenty recently?

Bisaaka had a better game against Davies than Dalot and Antony did
Neither are good enough. One is bizarrely still rated on here though.

Alemar

Better than Dalot (which, in itself, is important), but still not very good today.

Lyng

Not good enough to start for us, but with the squad we have right now he should absolutely start. Much better player than Dalot.

sugar_kane

Like too many of our players over the years, doesn't seem to give a feck.

How do we end up with these 'characters'? Martial looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than on a football pitch, Sancho prefers FIFA over the real thing, Lingard isn't even playing for a club at age 30, De GEa doesn't even seem slightly interested in playing football ever again.

Ekeke

Evans and Varane at fault for the goal in my opinion. Evans pushes out aggressively trying to win the ball and doesnt, which means Varane is the lone CB in the middle at that point. He leaves space behind him instead of being cautious and aware, the run in behind him has all the time in the world to control and score. Coman dribbles in field from the right side, ends up making a run through the middle all while AWB is holding position at rightback making sure Sane isnt free. He then has to leave Sane and try to rush over to Coman when the ball is played through the 2 CBs.

You can also complain about the midfield because Coman's dribble inside from the right is blocked by Amrabat, but then Bayern win the ball and keep the ball moving past our pressing players who let them continue too easily. Then the ball up towards Evans who doesnt get there and the ball in behind Varane.

Man Utd 3:2 Aston Villa

Doracle

Brilliant tonight. His ability to push into midfield and press from there really helps us keep on the front foot.

Superunknown

I didn't think there were many occasions where they could get past him tonight. He was like a wall on that side.

Lost bear

He is a much improved player. His touch and passing have leapt forward like a Maoist five year plan.

STYLOISRED

AWB is a consistent 7/10 player. You know exactly what you're going to get from him even if he may surprise you once in a while. I like him and I like that I can depend on him to atleast do his job basically well.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Solid game from him, but that time he just stopped his overlapping run when Bruno slipped it through, made me want to scream.

Walters_19_MuFc

Solid game from him, but that time he just stopped his overlapping run when Bruno slipped it through, made me want to scream.
Because Bruno delayed it too much to a point where if he continued with the same momentum, he'd have been offside.

Walters_19_MuFc

AWB is a consistent 7/10 player. You know exactly what you're going to get from him even if he may surprise you once in a while. I like him and I like that I can depend on him to atleast do his job basically well.
With Shaw being somewhat of a liability, I'm starting to think whether we need to priotise a left back instead of a right back in the summer. Are Dalot and Wan-Bissaka world class? No, and we could obviously improve it that area, but both of them are at a decent level, whereas the drop off when Shaw gets injured is bigger than what it is on the right. That being said, Dalot did relatively well on the left tonight, but I'd much prefer a natural left footed player there.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Because Bruno delayed it too much to a point where if he continued with the same momentum, he'd have been offside.
Maybe if that back line was still suicide high, but I thought at the time it wasn't. Maybe I'm being harsh, I thought Bruno timed it well as he got all the defenders square.

Zed is not dead

His lack of brains on the pitch really bothers me.
He can do some amazing things but the next minute you’ll see him covering a striker at the back post or casually jogging while a winger is attacking his side freely.
He has moments of complete absence that are too detrimental

Ekeke

All on Bruno. Didnt need to throw your fullback forward at that point in the game, just needed to keep the ball

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
All on Bruno. Didnt need to throw your fullback forward at that point in the game, just needed to keep the ball
I do see that side, I just thought the way the defenders squared up, we could have retained possession even higher up the pitch easily. Also, don't make the run in the first place if you're going to half arse it.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I do see that side, I just thought the way the defenders squared up, we could have retained possession even higher up the pitch easily. Also, don't make the run in the first place if you're going to half arse it.
He didn't half arse it, Bruno delayed the ball for no reason, both me and my old man were screaming at him to release it a good second or two before he did.

cpresc

I've noticed him frequently pressing in the left front line... kinda weird for a right back who struggles with good positioning