Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brainless tackle. He usually gets it right. Don't know what happened today

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Can't make such big mistakes in such crucial situations. It's turns a good game into a bad one. A win into a draw or back in our glory days this is the kind of stuff you look back on at the end of the season and it costs you the title. I'm still happy keeping Dalot and AWB but hopefully a new coach can get them focused for the full game and cut out these brainfarts.

RedDevilQuebecois

How in the world of feck is it possible that he thinks it's acceptable to slide tackle inside his own box like that these days? Slide tackles inside the penalty area are overrated.

You have the odds against you as soon as you stop standing on your feet while defending.

TempusFugit

There wasn't enough contact for that to be a pen. I thought he was alright today. His lack of a left foot is seriously hampering our attack down that flank, but we'll manage.

cj_sparky

The danger of his last ditch tackles is the exact outcome today.

He always looks so leisurely getting back.

OverratedOpinion

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not a left back. Looks like he's barely a footballer there (so basically like he's used to be at right back)

He dived into his path without getting the ball and caused him to trip when he was running in a natural fashion?

It's a clear penalty. I'll be the first to say when it's not, both against Chelsea were too soft but that's a pen.
Elliot kicked into AWB and fell over. Clear as day.

Shouldn’t be diving in the box anyway. So pen was deserved. It was a big dive though, Elliot was clever.

BorisManUtd

Not like I watch that much of football outside United and Premier League but he may be the best tackler I've seen. Over the years saw him always make a successful tackle and vs tough opponents, just really good at it. Today he fecked up no doubt.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Gotta say I feel for our fullbacks and no surprise that today and the other day both made sill challenges at the end of the game. I'd love to see the distance ran.

RedDevilQuebecois

Should just terminate his contract after that penalty. Will likely cost some quid, but we'll win them back over time
Yep. I'm fuming at him in the same way UrinatingTree blasted Mike Mitchell and labelled him as the worst safety in the NFL a few years ago.

Dumpster fire of a footballer.

Irwin99

Decent/good before the penalty incident but you just feel it's a case that you never feel he's going to really kick on, iron out all the problems in his game and be worth the massive money we payed for him. The unnecessary tackle cost us the three points really.

Really not sure about his future here.

Idxomer

Don't care much about the penalty.

He has to be sold, this should be clear to anyone.

eire-red

I'm not defending AWB, it was rash and stupid. But if you allow the opponent unimpeded entry into the 18 yard box, it's inevitable we'll concede pens.

Dalot, AWB, Antony, doesn't matter who. Mistakes will be made if you're under constant barrage.

AndersB

I'm not defending AWB, it was rash and stupid. But if you allow the opponent unimpeded entry into the 18 yard box, it's inevitable we'll concede pens.

Dalot, AWB, Antony, doesn't matter who. Mistakes will be made if you're under constant barrage.
Sure, but at least the Chelsea ones happened with players dangerously moving -towards- our goal, not on their way out of the 18 yard box.

RedDevilQuebecois

massive overreaction.
Okay, I just saw the replay of the penalty again.

VAR had one job to do on that specific part. Still, Jesus Christ, AWB was inviting trouble by throwing himself onto the ground. That bad habit of throwing the body down inside the penalty area has to stop.

Last edited:

Semigoodlookin

I don't think it was a penalty, but he was asking for trouble by sliding in like he did. It is a decision that highlights the football stupidity across the team. Such low-IQ players we have, and some of them are never going to change because they have been doing it across managers.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
This guy is an athlete masquerading as a football player. Unbelievable that a club of our stature bought him. Each and every scout with a positive review of him should be sacked.

Based Adnan

This guy is an athlete masquerading as a football player. Unbelievable that a club of our stature bought him. Each and every scout with a positive review of him should be sacked.
804 right backs scouted and we ended up with this guy. And then the club used it as an example to show how our scoutings been completely revamped for the better. Shocking stuff.

RedDevilQuebecois

This goes straight to something that Michael Owen said a few months ago. People focus way too much on athleticism while disregarding footballing ability/IQ nowadays.

Gary Neville was far from being the best athlete, but he was one hell from a right-back because he played the right way. I would still take him above anyone else who played in that position since he retired.

El Jefe

Looked knackered towards the end, that tackle was a symptom of it I thought.
This was obvious. In a game where we had a fit squad he probably gets subbed because he worked really hard up until then and defended well.

I believe another poster mentioned it too but a similar thing happened with Dalot. Both tackles were extremely uncharacteristic of both of them. Sad thing is they're gonna be run into the ground to end the season as Shaw and Malacia aren't coming back anytime soon by the looks of it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That tackle wasn't anything to do with being tired but rather it was daft from Wan Bissaka. You have to stay on your feet in that situation with numerous players defending the box and you cannot go to ground. I would somewhat understand if a tackle was attempted when chasing back in defensive transition to prevent a clear cut chance but what Wan Bissaka did in that moment against Elliott was stupid and cost us the game. We should've won the game after being 2-1 up imo. Hopefully we learn from situations like this one and it improves our game IQ.

We should've beaten Chelsea as well and similar mistakes cost us again. The only team who I thought we struggled against badly was Brentford and that was due to Brentford out duelling us due to the physical nature of their team, where their direct play and duel winning capability allowed them to progress the ball against us. Brentford is the more technical version of Tony Pulis' Stoke City and our team doesn't have the players to deal with that sort of physicality collectively from the midfield to defense.

The Oracle

No reason whatsoever for him to have attempted that slide tackle in our own box to give away a penalty that late on, especially when we found ourselves in the lead.

I cannot excuse him giving away a penalty like that. Idiotic from him.

lex talionis

Sometimes you have make the tackle, come what may. This was not such an occasion. Daft decision on his part and cost us two points we could have used to give us a puncher's chance at a CL spot.

Lyng

That tackle was such a typical thing for this team. We have way to many players who simply lack football iq.

RedIan

Thought he had a decent game playing out of position until the very rash tackle which was very risky hes done it before but got away with it.
He got the assist for mainoos goal.. a neat pass into feet in a crowded box.