Aaron Wan-Bissaka Charged For Illegally Driving

vodrake

Why the outrage he didn't hit anyone or drive drunk calm down.
He'll still get to training on time, he'll play the games it's not a big deal.
Nobodies actually outraged, just pretending to be so they can insult a player they already don't like and demand they be sacked. Its the Maguire thread from last year agaian

mu4c_20le

Don't think there's any coming back from this. Fergie would have shipped him out the door immediately.

USREDEVIL

He did a dumb thing but this outrage is amazing, calling him a silly human, scum bag and all sorts? He wasn't drink driving, he was stupid but that's it. He'll get the appropriate punishment and life continues. Redcafe never disappoints with the over reactions, same with Maguire last summer.
This. All those insulting have never done a wrong thing in their lives i'm sure.

Dante

Average bang
He'll get a big fine and, at worst, some community work. It shouldn't affect the first team.

Footballers are like your average 15 year old boy. But every negative aspect is dialled up to 11. Imagine the feeling of invincibility, exceptionalism and impunity that comes from being so young, fit, attractive and sheltered from responsibility. Our AWB seems to be affected worse than most.

Events like this, his speeding and also the story of how stupidly he his two timed his girlfriend give you an idea of how immature he is. Almost every roll of the dice he's had in his 23 years on this earth so far has come up with a double 6. This will be one of the rare instances where it's 3. He'll need to get used to it, because nobody is going to be that lucky for the rest of their life.

I used to be surprised hearing about players who couldn't change their own lightbulbs and had to call their parent club to send somebody around. At this point, I almost almost expect the majority to be men-children. It's not a good excuse. But it is what you get.

Last edited:

hobbers

This. All those insulting have never done a wrong thing in their lives i'm sure.
I bet most people here haven't been dumb and twattish enough to have ever been banned from driving in the first place. Let alone gone out and driven again while already disqualified and with no insurance.

USREDEVIL

I bet most people here haven't been dumb and twattish enough to have ever been banned from driving in the first place. Let alone gone out and driven again while already disqualified and with no insurance.
I'm sure they've done other dumb shitt. No need to insult though. People make stupid mistakes. He seems like a relatively good guy, but needs to calm down with his driving. Chalk this up to "welcome to the internet"!

hobbers

I'm sure they've done other dumb shitt. No need to insult though. People make stupid mistakes. He seems like a relatively good guy, but needs to calm down with his driving. Chalk this up to "welcome to the internet"!
We don't know how he got disqualified in the first place, but if we chalk whatever that was off as a stupid mistake, then going out and doing it again implies that he's either lacking in intelligence to a dangerous degree, or that he has contempt for the law.

Bondi77

Next step should be an England call up and then a 100mil pound transfer :drool:

There was a mention on The Athletic podcast a few months ago that 'a player' (from United) had been banned from driving for four different offences in the space of 18 months.

Guess it was Bissaka....and here's number 5.

The only ones that made the news were these two.

RedTiger

Half mast
He'll get a big fine and, at worst, some community work. It shouldn't affect the first team.

Footballers are like your average 15 year old boy. But every negative aspect is dialled up to 11. Imagine the feeling of invincibility, exceptionalism and impunity that comes from being so young, fit, attractive and sheltered from responsibility. Our AWB seems to be affected worse than most.

Events like this, his speeding and also the story of how stupidly he his two timed his girlfriend give you an idea of how immature he is. Almost every roll of the dice he's had in his 23 years on this earth so far has come up with a double 6. This will be one of the rare instances where it's 3. He'll need to get used to it, because nobody is going to be that lucky for the rest of their life.

I used to be surprised hearing about players who couldn't change their own lightbulbs and had to call their parent club to send somebody around. At this point, I almost almost expect the majority to be men-children. It's not a good excuse. But it is what you get.
Bang on.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
To be fair I'd have struggled with my car insurance and MOT'S (even the need for car oil) when I was that young because it was my dad who kept an eye for those things.

It's just life of people who are a bit spoilt with a chilled out life and money.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Silly from him but thankfully it isn't something terribly irresponsible like drunk driving (which for some reason is what I thought it was).

Learn from it and move on.

meamth

"AWB, you went on to drive without insurance...letting all of us down, now we're not going to win anything this season because of your recklessness."

The state of Caf.

TheRedHearted

Live on the wild side, Aaron. I want you to bring that edge to your attack and keep beating defenders but then picking up your head and putting in a simple cross

hobbers

Silly from him but thankfully it isn't something terribly irresponsible like drunk driving (which for some reason is what I thought it was).

Learn from it and move on.
If he really has committed 4 driving offences to end up disqualified, and then driven while disqualified on top of that, it doesn't seem like learning from it is something he'll be capable of doing.

He'll have to be careful he doesn't do a Jermaine Pennant.

NotThatSoph

Nobodies actually outraged, just pretending to be so they can insult a player they already don't like and demand they be sacked. Its the Maguire thread from last year agaian
AWB is great, I love him as a player. He's been an absolute idiot at least three times while driving. Several people I know have been either killed or maimed by speeding morons, and another guy I know is likely to kill himself or someone else ("funny" considering his dad just learned to barely walk a year after someone lost control of their car and crashed into him front to front).

But sure, just pretending.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The insults in this thread are a bit much, no?
I thought he was caught drunk driving judging by the replies in here - I had to check the title just to be sure !

He’s driving a lambo and apparently likes to speed, there’s no suggestion that he’s caused anyone else any harm - so not sure why so many people are placing hypothetical situations on his shoulders.
He’ll get a fine, and the club will probably fine him too. Then he’ll get a driver and things will continue as normal.

He made a stupid mistake, but it’s not the end of the world ffs. Our fans are hyperbolic

Idiot. Don't all police cars have cameras on them that automatically alert to uninsured cars now?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Getting caught driving while disqualified is dumb as feck no matter who you are. Come on mate... Take it to the track if you have an itch that needs a scratch. You got the money. Learn, from, this.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Where’s the Souness meme?

‘If Pogba was a decent human he would offer to chauffeur AWB’

Or something of the like.

Raw

Well put.

On that last point, I think I remember a story about how one of our players couldn't even boil an egg. He had to ask one of our chefs to boil some so he could take them home :lol:

IncyWincySpider

Driving with no licence and insurance is exactly the sort of thing that only scumbags do to be fair. Draw a venn diagram of [all scumbags] and [all people who drive without insurance/licence] and the overlap is going to be almost all of them.

And that's for normal people who aren't earning £100k a week. No excuse for that. Not like he's new to the country or doesn't speak English either.
I agree, it's really disappointing because I liked him but it's hard to respect him now. It's alright saying it's just a mistake but he's obviously already made several similar mistakes to lose his licence in the first place. No sign that he's learned from any of them, quite the opposite.

Idiot.

Dan_F

He was clocked doing 104mph in a 70 zone last year, got a measly £600 fine and 6 penalty points.

You'd have to question what else he did to be get the other 6, as you need 12 to be disqualified from driving for at least 6 months.

This year he gets caught in a car worth 170k whilst disqualified.

Incredibly stupid. He deserves to be insulted.
Probably the exact same thing. I’m not trying to defend him but 104mph in a Lambo probably feels like 80 in other cars. You put your foot down to overtake and next time you look down you’re doing 100.

Obviously if he’s just driving everywhere at 100mph+ he’s just an idiot.