Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

As we've said that's how they operate for face-saving purposes. They know they don't want to spend lots of our revenue, and taking months to seal a deal at a time is a good way to ensure they don't. If we were truly serious we'd have lined up all signings already(six weeks since window opened) for pre-season.
As bad as things are a club of United magnitude surely doesn't work on one deal at a time..

Scarecrow

Having a week off
am I the only one who thinks Wan-Bissaka as RB and Dalot as RW could work really well together? AWBs defense makes up for Dalots deficiencies and vice-versa.
Or AWB as a RCB and Dalot as a wingback in a 3-5-2. If you're into that sort of thing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
1st in clearences - 129

1st in tackles won - 129

1st tackle success rate - 94%

1st take ons completed - 90

1st interceptions - 84

Premier league 2019 - Source ESPN.

Top in nearly all stats that matter, but the guy is an average talent according to some :lol:

Eleven-Eighteen

We could just play Phil Jones up front as well, wouldn’t recommend it though. Well, not if we are serious about actually improving this team.
I was only being a little facetious. There aren't enough RW's in the market. We suck at transfers. Therefore Dalot only decent option currently. Especially since we bought him for RB but his defensive capabilities are pretty average

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
As we've said that's how they operate for face-saving purposes. They know they don't want to spend lots of our revenue, and taking months to seal a deal at a time is a good way to ensure they don't. If we were truly serious we'd have lined up all signings already(six weeks since window opened) for pre-season.
This is a nonsense and completely ignores the complexities of negotiating a deal.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
In attack or defence?

Attack I can agree but defensively, Dalot is nowhere near.
Dunno, certainly Wan-Bissaka is ahead of Dalot in his development defensively, but you saw how Wan-Bissaka position and decision making came on throughout the year in a settled well drilled back 4, Dalot certainly has a way to go, but considering he was in and out of the team, played in different positions, and the defence was clearly less well drilled then the structured way Hodgson does it. Plus Dalot is a year younger and it's his first season in the league. For me considering that I think Dalot is a lot nearer to Wan-Bissaka defensively then he has a right to be.

Not against the signing just think its an awful lot of money to spend when I think we have a talented young right back who clearly needs game time to meet his potential.

Nick7

If Dalot had it in him to be a Manchester United quality RW he would currently be a RW and not a RB.

I'm very sure that if he was played there for an extended run you'd quickly see his limitations. He's a RB, just a young attacking one who needs to work on the defensive side of his game.

If we're playing Dalot at RW we have serious problems.
To be fair, in the Premier League he played almost as many minutes at right wing as right back. He doesn't strike me as a full back. His positioning is very very poor.

RoadTrip

1st in clearences - 129

1st in tackles won - 129

1st interceptions - 84

Top in nearly all stats that matter, but the guy is an average talent according to some :lol:
In fairness I haven’t really seen many people say that.

Canagel

1st in clearences - 129

1st in tackles won - 129

1st interceptions - 84

Yeah but where is the running stats? It's better to be athletes instead of good footballers.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
To be fair, in the Premier League he played almost as many minutes at right wing as right back. He doesn't strike me as a full back. His positioning is very very poor.
Because he plays for a poor side with a gaping black hole as the current in situ RW. As I said, if we're playing Dalot at RW we have serious problems and last season was a season of serious problems.

R'hllor

1st in clearences - 129

1st in tackles won - 129

1st interceptions - 84

Not sure who would say that but after he joins us, thats where we come in.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If Aaron Wan-Bissaka is your big signing this summer then I fear for your immediate future. If he's part of a summer that sees you spend over £100m and bring in one of Eriksen, Tielemans, or Fernandes, then I'll be less fearful. I suppose it's a matter of whether you need to sell Pogba first, though, or whether you can afford another £50m+ player without needing to get rid of him.
Why couldn't United afford that?

Irwin99

Good transfer, young and with a lot of potential. If all goes well and Shaw improves further then our full back positions could be nailed on for the next ten years.

A big IF obviously :nervous:

GiddyUp

am I the only one who thinks Wan-Bissaka as RB and Dalot as RW could work really well together? AWBs defense makes up for Dalots deficiencies and vice-versa.
Definitely. I would be comfortable going in to this season with that set up on the right. Most important thing for next season is to have no pressure. Let the players play the way Ole wants and see where it takes us. We do need someone to partner Lindelof and a couple of midfielders who are fecking warriors.

El-Manos

I was only being a little facetious. There aren't enough RW's in the market. We suck at transfers. Therefore Dalot only decent option currently. Especially since we bought him for RB but his defensive capabilities are pretty average
If we refuse to sign a RW this window, I would play him there too. But in all honesty, he isn’t good enough currently to warrant a starting position there. Ideally we buy Sancho and utilise Dalot as back up for both Obi Wan Bissaka & Sancho.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
1st in clearences - 129

1st in tackles won - 129

1st interceptions - 84

I fully hope the absolute part of those stats decline in the coming sason because it'll mean he doesn't need to defend as much.

I am very happy with this signing but we still need 2 more midfielders, a CB and a RW and we need most of those done yesterday.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
:drool:
1st in clearences - 129

1st in tackles won - 129

1st interceptions - 84

:drool:

SteveW

Big difference actually. I am assuming we do one deal at a time, so time is looming. We need a settled squad and the season starts in 6 weeks. Yes he will miss 2 weeks of pre season but i would much rather plan in advance than let it linger into the summer. Ole focus should be on how we are to play rather than if we will get that person hence it is always good to have most your signings done before pre season begins.
You'd have to be simple to believe we only work on one deal at a time. That was just some Twitter shite to get clicks from moany twats and panicky supporters.

Unfortunately I do see some of the moves dragging on though. I imagine they are waiting on some players to make up their minds before potentially having to close secondary targets. If Juve confirm Rabiot for example I'd expect us to sign a other midfielder within a few days.

Just because we want everything done early doesnt mean the rest of the world hurries up. We're the only big PL club who's got anything really done yet.

Nick7

Because he plays for a poor side with a gaping black hole as the current in situ RW. As I said, if we're playing Dalot at RW we have serious problems and last season was a season of serious problems.
We had a gaping black hole at right back and he wasn't good enough to play there.

NJM78

Good deal in the end. We keep the 25% sell on clause for Zaha.
45 plus 18 for James. Not too bad in this day and age but I wonder what our budget actually is considering we don't seem to be able to shift the expendable players and seem to be holding firm on fees for Lukaku and Pogba. We spent about 73m last summer so I fear money is tighter than a nuns bum.

MrBest

Until this ridiculous assumption is corrected, there is no point in giving any further of your opinions, with respect. To think we work on a single deal at a time is just ridiculous.
Where is your facts that we do not? I can assume one way, you can assume the other. The fact is we both do not know what Ed works. Ridiculous it is not. It is my opinion.

RoadTrip

Where is your facts that we do not? I can assume one way, you can assume the other. The fact is we both do not know what Ed works. Ridiculous it is not. It is my opinion.
Actually, as plenty of people have noted in the last page or two, there is plenty of factual evidence which shows that we do, in fact, work on multiple deals at once. There have been many signings, in the past few years even, announced within a day or week of each other.

Even if, for a moment, we ignore those facts, and assume that we are debating opinions, then it is my opinion that your opinion is ridiculous, utterly bizarre and not in any way credible. But alas, there are facts which support my view. So, whatever.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I fully hope the absolute part of those stats decline in the coming sason because it'll mean he doesn't need to defend as much.

I am very happy with this signing but we still need 2 more midfielders, a CB and a RW and we need most of those done yesterday.
The numbers, certainly. Hopefully the % stays high though!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
45 plus 18 for James. Not too bad in this day and age but I wonder what our budget actually is considering we don't seem to be able to shift the expendable players and seem to be holding firm on fees for Lukaku and Pogba. We spent about 73m last summer so I fear money is tighter than a nuns bum.
I really don't think money is an issue for us, with our streams of revenue we should still be able to spend without any headaches, although I do think we're becoming a bit sterner on what we're willing to spend and no longer want to be bent over backwards by other clubs which is fair enough because we've been fleeced in the post-SAF era so far.

This is just speculation on my part but I do feel that Mourinho lost the club's trust when it came to transfers. He was given free reign the previous summers but when his signings turned out more duds than successes then the board no longer felt they could trust his judgement, hence why Woodward went against his decision to sign a new center back. If his previous signings had all been great then I have no doubts we'd have coughed up the money Spurs were asking for Alderweireld.

MrBest

You'd have to be simple to believe we only work on one deal at a time. That was just some Twitter shite to get clicks from moany twats and panicky supporters.

Unfortunately I do see some of the moves dragging on though. I imagine they are waiting on some players to make up their minds before potentially having to close secondary targets. If Juve confirm Rabiot for example I'd expect us to sign a other midfielder within a few days.

Just because we want everything done early doesnt mean the rest of the world hurries up. We're the only big PL club who's got anything really done yet.
We can have a pipeline of 100 transfers, a priority of 10 and the ranking of how we get the deal closed. I can do some background work on the other deals but keep my focus on one specific deal and wait to close that off before another accelerates. Ive seen this happen in the sales world many times (not in football but it does happen).

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
1st in clearences - 129

1st in tackles won - 129

1st interceptions - 84

No, Adam, you don't get it.
He conceded an own goal for England, he's shite. ;)
In all seriousness I just hope he works out for us, he has the talent to but we've thought that with a few signings over the last few years.

Seven Seas Sardines

Even if we don't sign anyone else, at least our right flank has changed from Young/Mata to AWB/James. That's an insane change of pace.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I wonder what our budget actually is considering we don't seem to be able to shift the expendable players.
My understanding is that we won't sell until we buy, sounds the wrong way up doesn't it?

But when Wan-Bissaka is finalized, we shall see if Darmian is given the shove...

I'm pleased as punch that we have Wan-Bissaka, I rate him highly, and this is definitely building for the future..

Ban

Actually, as plenty of people have noted in the last page or two, there is plenty of factual evidence which shows that we do, in fact, work on multiple deals at once. There have been many signings, in the past few years even, announced within a day or week of each other.

Even if, for a moment, we ignore those facts, and assume that we are debating opinions, then it is my opinion that your opinion is ridiculous, utterly bizarre and not in any way credible. But alas, there are facts which support my view. So, whatever.
Nailed it. Fact it's even talked about is a bit ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.