Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

United Pro

Great to see this one sorted out. If it wasn't for the few extra few weeks of negotiation, I suspect we would have either paid a lot more/removed the Zaha sell on clause.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
50M is probably the realistic amount. Doubt we ever had a shot at getting him for less than that, and with all the suggested fees floating this at close o 60, this feels right.

So xusimon probably has a source, right? That's twice he's called transfers now, but I'm sure people will just suggest he guessed again.
He was calling things last summer. He's the only legit itk I've seen.

Infra-red

Solid signing who should provide many years of decent service. Plus he's homegrown. The fee is massive, but that is always going to be the case when you go after English talents from Premier League sides.

Should be a good fit for the type of counterattacking football we generally play.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Still only our 4th biggest transfer, I’m surprised at that actually.

Still, it’s a little annoying that we did end up doing what we all knew we would, and we all said we should’ve done weeks ago, which is pay £50m up front. Everyone knew we would so why we didn’t save ourselves a few weeks I don’t know. But I don’t want to moan, it’s good news.

Pierluigi Casiraghi

Reckon the most we'll get is a CB, CM and RW. If Lukaku leaves, then maaaybe a ST too. I'd be happy with those signings but I doubt we'll get them sorted before pre-season.
Yeah I think you're correct. We'll be stuck with Matic for another season and will rely on Rashford, Martial and Greenwood to play up front assuming Lukaku leaves.

Treble

Still, it’s a little annoying that we did end up doing what we all knew we would, and we all said we should’ve done weeks ago, which is pay £50m up front. Everyone knew we would so why we didn’t save ourselves a few weeks I don’t know. But I don’t want to moan, it’s good news.
Pogba, Lukaku, Di Maria, Fred. Wasn't Fred more expensive than AWB?

ArjenIsM3

Hardly. We pay 45m up front instead of 50m, and we've not caved in to the Zaha demands + no sell-on clause. That's probably between 10m and 20m saved depending on how much Zaha goes for (if he goes).

IrishRedDevil

We need to steal his chant:

“Your winger won’t like it, Wan-Bis-Sa-ka, Wan-Bis-Sa-ka".

To the tune of Rock the Casbah by The Clash

Fridge chutney

If Aaron Wan-Bissaka is your big signing this summer then I fear for your immediate future. If he's part of a summer that sees you spend over £100m and bring in one of Eriksen, Tielemans, or Fernandes, then I'll be less fearful. I suppose it's a matter of whether you need to sell Pogba first, though, or whether you can afford another £50m+ player without needing to get rid of him.
It's a bit early to be panicking that this will be our only big signing. But that won't stop RedCafe!

2 man midfield

Hardly. We pay 45m up front instead of 50m, and we've not caved in to the Zaha demands + no sell-on clause. That's probably between 10m and 20m saved depending on how much Zaha goes for (if he goes).
45m up front with 5m add ons? Where did you see that?

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch

We were never going to be able to actually sign him until the u23's were done so the club obviously used the time to (try) negotiate.

2 man midfield

We were never going to be able to actually sign him until the u23's were done so the club obviously used the time to (try) negotiate.
Yeah maybe. It’s been done before though, if the player wants to join then the agent just brokers the deal subject to a medical when he returns.

Sanche7

I assume Ogden was chatting shit (per usual) about a £100m transfer kitty. James and AWB already cost £70m.

Hopefully a CB, CM and a CF are next.
I think we will get a CF only if Lukaku is sold. So I'm guessing the three signings mentioned above doesn't include a CF

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
The well is nowhere near dry according to Mike Keegan on twitter

Red Devil Rising

Still, it’s a little annoying that we did end up doing what we all knew we would, and we all said we should’ve done weeks ago, which is pay £50m up front. Everyone knew we would so why we didn’t save ourselves a few weeks I don’t know. But I don’t want to moan, it’s good news.[/QUOTE]

Not really. We've used the time to not only ensure there is no sell on clause for AWB but also made sure Zaha's sell on percentage remained.

izec

Finally. We all knew it would happen, was only a question of when. I hate it when it drags on.

Now onto a CB and one or probably two midfielders please, the next 2 positions we need fixing

R'hllor

Wondering if he extended his contract with Palace today, how big wage jump it would be from his 10k. Not trying to sound negative btw.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hopefully that report of "at least 3 more" is true, because we need it. Decent price in the end for Wan Bissaka, definitely thought we'd cave and throw in over 60m or something stupid.

Looking forward to Wan Bissaka being there though. No more Young starting is lovely.

Saffron

Great signing. Even if he just lives up to 80% of his expectations, he’s bound to be worth more in 2025 with the way transfer fees just keep going up. He needs our support now.

Status
Not open for further replies.