Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrenchRed

Wow, this is dragging on - it's embarrassing, like Ed is looking down the back of the sofa for coins. Either want the player and should commit, or we walk away. our club is bigger than this.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
By your logic Pogba should love the club though. He's from the academy.
Hence why being British is important and the family love the club more importantly.

Pogba wasn't born here and by his own admission was never a boyhood fan until he moved here at 16.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hence why being British is important and the family love the club more importantly.

Pogba wasn't born here and by his own admission was never a boyhood fan until he moved here at 16.
Unless the quotes are made up, he said that his family supported Arsenal and his idol was Henry.

MattyB1986

Every time I read an article stating "signing complete in 48 hours" I know that really means months now I'm seasoned into this transfer thing with Ed at the wheel.

hobbers

So any particular reason AWB only got 1 showing for the U23s when Kenny is perhaps the worst RB defensively i've seen for quite a while?

Classical Mechanic

So any particular reason AWB only got 1 showing for the U23s when Kenny is perhaps the worst RB defensively i've seen for quite a while?
Boothroyd said he was distracted by negotiating his transfer. I get the impression that he wasn't happy it was going on whilst we were at the tournament.

Dropping him was a mistake, in my opinion.

Adam-Utd

He made a mistake in the first game that cost a goal, and the manager said AWB has been distracted by the speculation.

Adam-Utd

Unless the quotes are made up, he said that his family supported Arsenal and his idol was Henry.
Difficult to know but growing up in South London most of his mates probably supported Arsenal considering they were the team back then.

Whether that was just to fit in or not... Anyway he's less likely to hope of to Barca/Madrid/Juve if they come calling is what my point is.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Transfer negotiations were sighted for a reason. He wasn't helped by the fact he was a big reason they lost the first game too.

Either way he should have played. I still can't get over the fact that there isn't a better manager than Bothroyd to nurture England's young players.

Revaulx

I think that the club have thrown our 50+ scouts suggestions to the bin and had given Mr Cardiff a veto on transfers. Which means Ole would only sign players he or his crew know about. I can't see ole in Molde watching the Dutch league or the Croatian league. On the telly. He will follow the Norwegian league and the EPL
Well if all our 50+ scouts can suggest is Fred for £52m, one can hardly blame the club giving Mr Cardiff a veto!

lysglimt

Scout
Transfer negotiations were sighted for a reason. He wasn't helped by the fact he was a big reason they lost the first game too.

Either way he should have played. I still can't get over the fact that there isn't a better manager than Bothroyd to nurture England's young players.
I still can't get over the feeling that England never get to use their best players. Remember one pundit some years back saying that the best teams in the World play their best players, and they get used to winning even at international level. England always leave out their best playerm because clubfootball is considered much more important than the international side.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Caf gets outraged when they hear we have a £100m budget
Caf gets outraged at the thought of overpaying for players
Caf gets outraged when Ed won't just pay up for said players and stop negotiating.

AJ10

I don't understand this logic of a player giving his all for our club if he's British or cares for United. Look at City players majority of them wouldn't even have heard about them few years ago but now you see them running them self into the ground nearly every game, Same can be said for pool players under klopp. Not sure if both these teams have many British players.

IMO its more about creating High standards (through manager, board etc) and not tolerating anything else. Our players have been able to continue to put in crap performances year after year without being held accountable, they've been awarded pay rises for it (:lol:) and this will continue until players know they'll be thrown out if they don't perform consistently, which city have done ruthlessly.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I still can't get over the feeling that England never get to use their best players. Remember one pundit some years back saying that the best teams in the World play their best players, and they get used to winning even at international level. England always leave out their best playerm because clubfootball is considered much more important than the international side.
And the best players that do go still end up on the bench. Very odd.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Well if all our 50+ scouts can suggest is Fred for £52m, one can hardly blame the club giving Mr Cardiff a veto!
If our 'professionals' had to work on reputation then most of our scouts would be sacked and Ole would still be at Molde winning titles at the mickey mouse league. However I do agree with your point to a certain extent and is exactly what I said in the previous post.

Ultimately we've got two course of actions here. We either change the system radically by bringing in a top DOF, top scouts and possibly a top manager as well or else we trust the system we've got in place. No manager can work in isolation and if he doesn't trust his staff then he's doomed for failure

Its an educated opinion. Its a well known thing that at United the manager sits at the top of the pyramid on football matters. SAF said that multiple times, most signings made by managers after that kind of confirms it (Moyes - Fellaini, LVG, Blind, Depay, Bastian, Valdes etc, Mou - Matic, Lukaku, Zlatan, Dalot etc). So Ole will have a final say and will saddle all the responsibility for any signings made. Therefore why on earth would he go for players he doesn't know about and which are suggested by scouts whom he doesn't know anything about + are relics of previous failed administrations? Considering the difference in philosophy of SAF, Moyes, LVG and Mou, I often wonder if these scouts even agree on anything let alone be able to persuade Ole on anything really.

Which means Ole would have to rely on his strengths and on those of the people he trusts. Its known that James was recommended by Ryan Giggs ie someone Ole trust. Considering Ole's non existent experience in leading top clubs + Phelan hasn't been leading top clubs for more then half a decade then their knowledge on players who can potentially do well at this high level is somehow very limited. I am not blaming Ole on doing that. That's how rational people in such given circumstances would act. Moyes who was in Ole's situation did pretty much the same thing (ie he went for Fabregas, Mata, Fellaini and Baines), with the difference that Moyes had SAF's scouting team at his disposal + more experience then Ole has.

That is why we NEED an experienced DOF. Someone who takes away such responsibility from the manager whom lets face it, can't be expected to spend every minute of his time scouting players and give his thumbs up or down to them.

Not that it means anything but not one of them is English/British. No one can really kick up a fuss about us changing our focus to British players this summer.
A point that has flown over so many heads.

I'm not certain going for the best of British is right, but you can't blame the people at the club for wanting to go back to this tried and trusted method.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Happy with this. An absolute priority position to sort out. And it will be for years now hopefully. Plenty of time to coach or bring out some attacking ability.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm not certain going for the best of British is right, but you can't blame the people at the club for wanting to go back to this tried and trusted method.
I also wonder, if the club wrongly assumed that young British players from West Ham, Leicester, Palace etc would be cheaper alternatives..?

Draco1986

I will probably get told off for this since many are trusting this Simon guy. Who is he? and is he reliable?

passing-wind

I don't understand this logic of a player giving his all for our club if he's British or cares for United. Look at City players majority of them wouldn't even have heard about them few years ago but now you see them running them self into the ground nearly every game, Same can be said for pool players under klopp. Not sure if both these teams have many British players.

IMO its more about creating High standards (through manager, board etc) and not tolerating anything else. Our players have been able to continue to put in crap performances year after year without being held accountable, they've been awarded pay rises for it (:lol:) and this will continue until players know they'll be thrown out if they don't perform consistently, which city have done ruthlessly.
Think you've highlighted it perfectly. Klopp / Pep can bring in world class players and keep them motivated. Solskjaer has achieved nothing but failure managerially, so the only calibre of players he will be able to motivate is the younger generation of British players.

Too many people place emphasis on the invidiuals within a team but it's 50 / 50 the manager needs the pedigree to motivate the players. That's why the argument of saying that Madrid won three champions leagues because of their the starting 11 and not the influence of Zidane is mind boggling.

GJNJ

Every time I read an article stating "signing complete in 48 hours" I know that really means months now I'm seasoned into this transfer thing with Ed at the wheel.
There's no particular rush but I thinks Ed's into kamasutra.

settembrini

Simon saying it's done is the next best thing to an official confirmation from United.

I'm very happy. We needed a new right back and he was the outstanding candidate after his stellar season. Incredible defensively and his pace and dribbling are underrated attacking weapons. Won both Player of the Year and Player's player of the Year for Palace last season and will surely go straight into the team ahead of Young.

Just need to pair him with a quality right winger and that flank will be in top shape.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

What does being British have to do with it? Look at Evra, Vidic, Cantona, Park, etc

Bestietom

Well if we are waiting to sell before we buy. There will be no deals done until the final day of transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.