Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Fantastic signing, though!
He's everything that LvG, Mourinho and Ole wanted out of Valencia/Young at RB but better.
Almost every single transfer was talking about this way, and almost all cases, the player in question failed. What I also notice is that a new player wil come in and play out of his skin for about 5 games, after which he turns to junk and needs to be moved on.

I want to see how he performs for half a season in our team, before i make any judgement.

In saying all that, WELCOME TO MUFC AND I HOPE HE DOES WELL.

Dante

Average bang
Almost every single transfer was talking about this way, and almost all cases, the player in question failed. What I also notice is that a new player wil come in and play out of his skin for about 5 games, after which he turns to junk and needs to be moved on.

I want to see how he performs for half a season in our team, before i make any judgement.

In saying all that, WELCOME TO MUFC AND I HOPE HE DOES WELL.
Yeah, but this is me saying it. I'm always right ;)

Grande

One good thing about signing players like Wan-Bissaka and Shaw, is that even if we change manager every second year, they are likely to be useful to the next manager wheor if we get everything off-field right. They might be first choice, they might be second, but they’ll be two spots in our set up were we are not disastrous at any rate, and may even develop to be quite strong if we’re lucky.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why cant Ed fecking pay that money and get this done. He is so inept.
Oh wait

luke511

One good thing about signing players like Wan-Bissaka and Shaw, is that even if we change manager every second year, they are likely to be useful to the next manager wheor if we get everything off-field right. They might be first choice, they might be second, but they’ll be two spots in our set up were we are not disastrous at any rate, and may even develop to be quite strong if we’re lucky.
Our only 2 British signings since Fergie left :)

TsuWave

Shaw is an underwhelming fatso that is not great defensively nor offensively. what do people see in him?

Grande

Our only 2 British signings since Fergie left :)
It’s a strange one in part, as Ferguson would almost always try to have three to five players eligible for an English or British (or Irish) team. Lately, Tottenham and Liverpool has been going that route, and it does seem to do them some good.

Not a necessity, but a stabilizing factor among others.

Of course, we have had enough English players with Smalling, Jones, Young, Lingard and Rashford, although I think it’s fair to say that if you aim to be a top Enlish team, you must aim to have the top English players if you want to sustain an English core, for instance. Rashford, Shaw and Wan-Kenobi are candidates for that at least, if not the finished article.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Haven't seen much of it at United.

About time he started to fill the potential he was said to have. Can't hide behind injuries all his career.
I don't know why his last few games have ruined everyone's view of his season but Shaw was good last year. He was easily one of our better players, especially in the second half of the season.

Ekeke

Try respecting the views of others and being less of an arse.
I can't respect the view of someone who thinks a player that was voted our player of the year didnt play well. Say less stupid things and be respected more.

He may or may not have been our best player last year. But the idea that he hasnt done much at the club is ridiculous

van Nistelrooy

I can't respect the view of someone who thinks a player that was voted our player of the year didnt play well. Say less stupid things and be respected more.

He may or may not have been our best player last year. But the idea that he hasnt done much at the club is ridiculous
Sunday League teams have their own 'Player of the Season'. It means they've been voted the stand out performer that season. It doesn't mean they're all players of a particular standard. Some one has to be the best.

I agree Shaw had a good season in comparison to most, but he was simply the best of the worst. It's something to build on for next season, but it doesn't change his disappointing United career to date or make him one of the best left-backs in the world.

Ekeke

Sunday League teams have their own 'Player of the Season'. It means they've been voted the stand out performer that season. It doesn't mean they're all players of a particular standard. Some one has to be the best.

I agree Shaw had a good season in comparison to most, but he was simply the best of the worst. It's something to build on for next season, but it doesn't change his disappointing United career to date or make him one of the best left-backs in the world.
He was one of our best players and one of the better leftbacks in the league after Robertson. So he obviously has done something since signing

lysglimt

Scout
Great article in the times about him, can't post it all obviously but:

Shaw is Richard Shaw, the palace u23 manager
Richard Shaw even had a similar haircut to Bissaka in his day.

Oldyella

What more can he do than be the best of a bad bunch though? He's playing in a shaky defence with a goalkeeper allergic to leaving his goal line, has had a rotating cast of underperforming lazy wingers in front of him and Pogba just inside him on the left who only turns up for 1 or 2 games in 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.