Aaron Wan Bissaka

jesperjaap

Looked good on MOTD today. Does anyone on the Caf regularly follow Palace? Could he make the step up to a bigger club?
Funny that for so long Gary Neville was by far and away the best right back in England and bar Lee Dixon never really had any competition for his England place. Now look at the current England side Walker, Trippier ant Trent Alexander Arnold (why are people saying he is over rated, just because he is at Liverpool?) are all top quality and there are quite a few promising youngsters too.
I have followed Bissaka a lot last season and although defensively he still has a lot to learn, his athletic ability, burst of pace and attacking ability (started as a winger) I think he has the potential to be the best of the lot.
I think a big club will be after him but City, Spurs and Liverpool already have a number of right backs, Chelsea too. Wouldnt be surprised to see him moving to Arsenal but think we should be all over him with both Valencia and Young being in the twilight of there careers. That only leaves us (if likes of Darmian and Rojo are oved on) with Shaw and Dalot, both who have great ability but are yet to prove themselves. Adding Bissaka and bring through Laird next season would give us for good young full backs, two of which can play on either flank too so be good competition.
There are of course some potentially great young English players around at the moment, many already at rivals but regardless of price I think Bissaka and Sancho are two we should really be in for this summer

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Funny that for so long Gary Neville was by far and away the best right back in England and bar Lee Dixon never really had any competition for his England place. Now look at the current England side Walker, Trippier ant Trent Alexander Arnold (why are people saying he is over rated, just because he is at Liverpool?) are all top quality and there are quite a few promising youngsters too.
I have followed Bissaka a lot last season and although defensively he still has a lot to learn, his athletic ability, burst of pace and attacking ability (started as a winger) I think he has the potential to be the best of the lot.
I think a big club will be after him but City, Spurs and Liverpool already have a number of right backs, Chelsea too. Wouldnt be surprised to see him moving to Arsenal but think we should be all over him with both Valencia and Young being in the twilight of there careers. That only leaves us (if likes of Darmian and Rojo are oved on) with Shaw and Dalot, both who have great ability but are yet to prove themselves. Adding Bissaka and bring through Laird next season would give us for good young full backs, two of which can play on either flank too so be good competition.
There are of course some potentially great young English players around at the moment, many already at rivals but regardless of price I think Bissaka and Sancho are two we should really be in for this summer
You just spunked 20 million on a young right back. There's no way you're going to do it again unless Dalot fecks off somewhere.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You just spunked 20 million on a young right back. There's no way you're going to do it again unless Dalot fecks off somewhere.
We also have a very good one in the academy too.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Isn’t that too your opinion? Why was it ridiculous if he is that good?
Did you see it? He highlighted a handful of moments of truly unexceptional play as evidence of how sensational he is. No slight on the actual potential of the player, it was just terrible punditry/tv.

jesperjaap

We also have a very good one in the academy too.

Agree with both of the above to be fair, dont think it will happen and isnt a necessity by any means, but then it seems a lot of people (including myself) want us to sign Jadon Sancho yet we have Rashford and Martial and probably our best prospect talent wise since Ravel Morrison in the academy in Mason Greenwood and you can add in Angel Gomes.

jesperjaap

He’s a better defender but on the ball Trent is much better.
I disagree, I think he is better on the ball than Trent, Trent however has a much better end product, his crossing for a young defender is already top quality.

Utdstar01

Can't see us going for another RB unless we decide we need better options. Laird has looked brilliant this year too.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Exactly the kind of player Fergie would've been interested in. Transfer would make sense now, given he's stil relatively low-profile but we seem to already have a fantastic prospect in Dalot. In those two we would've been sorted in right-back position for years to come when Young and Valencia retire.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We have a young RB in Ethan Laird that has enormous potential in the reserve team. Wan Bissaka looks a fine prospect but i'd show faith in Dalot & Laird instead.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Makes sense to me. Buy him in January and let him and Dalot fight it out the rest of the season. One defensive and one attacking. It is a nice option to have. We can always loan them out and eventually sell them if someone better comes along in Laird.

AgentP

We should be all over him in the summer. We are the only team in top 6 that needs a new RB so it's a no-brainer for both sides.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Get him signed up and loan him back to palace

red4ever 79

Of course we will. Valencia will most likely leave end of the season, and Young is out of contract, Darmian the subject of going on loan and leaving. We are left with Shaw and Dalot.

Judas

Open to offers
Would be too logical and obvious for us to buy him, back in the day we'd have been all over someone like him, but we'll probably see him go to one of our rivals instead.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's a Croydon lad so I take a special interest whenever I watch him play. Really hope he flourishes wherever he goes in his career.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
Get him in, along with Declan Rice and David Brooks. 3 British players that look like they will go all the way to the top.

Zlatattack

Get him in, along with Declan Rice and David Brooks. 3 British players that look like they will go all the way to the top.
I agree. All 3 seem like Fergie signings. We should be signing and potentially even loaning them back out for 12 months in the case of Rice and Brooks.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Dalot can play LB so he’ll get plenty of games if he’s good enough. This is such an important position for us going forward, we should be all over this signing.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I agree. All 3 seem like Fergie signings. We should be signing and potentially even loaning them back out for 12 months in the case of Rice and Brooks.
How much do you think West Ham would be will to accept for Rice who has just signed a 5 year contract?

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
I think by refusing to be called up for Ireland, he's nailed his colours to the mast!

But with O'Neill gone, maybe he will reconsider.

I expect he will be in the next England squad.
Did he refuse a call up to Ireland? He played in a match for Ireland all beit a friendly.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I see Dalot as a prospect. Wan-Bisakka is ready now. Both can improve, and Dalot could push for either FB spot.
We need cover and competition.
Or do you rate Darmian higher than I do?
Darmian should have been sold years ago. I just dont think having two players at the same age competing for the same spot is a good idea. Generally you'd want a much bigger age gap between your two options

ROFLUTION

It'd be weird if we didn't strike on this guy. Basically very little competition from other top clubs neither. Just makes very much sense, even though we haven't really had any rumours linking him to us yet, have we?

SAFMUTD

He is a perfect fit for us, Dalot is not ready and he is. The only team needing a right back from the top 6 is chelsea, so we face little competition we should take advantage and get it done.

Redo91

I think by refusing to be called up for Ireland, he's nailed his colours to the mast!

But with O'Neill gone, maybe he will reconsider.

I expect he will be in the next England squad.
Yes but it takes quiet a while for the paperwork to go through if you are transferring. I think we will know by the end of the month because I’d imagine he will want to play in the March qualifiers and to be eligible papers will have to be submitted very soon.

When he initially said he wanted time to consider I thought it was a foregone conclusion that he was switching but with MO’N gone and as time passes I’m leaning towards him staying put. Plus Mick McCarthy has said Southgate apparently sees him as a CB and he might prefer playing in midfield as he currently is for WH.

Either way it’s all speculation but that’s my reasoning. Don’t want to open up a can of worms and derail the thread so will leave it at that.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He is a perfect fit for us, Dalot is not ready and he is. The only team needing a right back from the top 6 is chelsea, so we face little competition we should take advantage and get it done.
I kind of liked Dalot last week at left back, much better than anything Shaw has been producing of late. I think he'll end up getting enough games even if we buy a senior right back.

We need an rvn

I kind of liked Dalot last week at left back, much better than anything Shaw has been producing of late. I think he'll end up getting enough games even if we buy a senior right back.
Don't want to come across as blunt as not the intention at all by the way, but I don't care if the kid is better than Shaw as a left back for one game. We bought him as a right back and lets play him there.

Enough of this whole buy a player and play him out of his best position because he's better than someone else there. Instead buy a freaking better left back and let Dalot play consistently as a right back so he can become the next Gary and let the new left back do the same and become the new Evra.

The difference between winning the PL / CL and coming close is having the best players in the positions and getting rid of ones who are not.

Zlatattack

How much do you think West Ham would be will to accept for Rice who has just signed a 5 year contract?
Who knows, but he hadn't signed it a few months ago. There is still time, let him play for West Ham for a couple of seasons -if he's good enough to be the best, he'll want to move.