Aaron Wan Bissaka

SAFMUTD

I kind of liked Dalot last week at left back, much better than anything Shaw has been producing of late. I think he'll end up getting enough games even if we buy a senior right back.
Dalot is too raw IMO, he offers wide in attack but still has a lot to learn defensively. He is a work in progress, I can't say if he is going to make it or not but right now Wan Bissaka looks way better.

Regarding Shaw I think he is right now a better option than Dalot, without being the perfect leftback for us, he is still young and should get better but if not then we should move on. He has been here long enough.

Aloysius's Back 3

Is this guy an attacking or defensive RB - some of the things I've heard about him says that he is a tad defensive.

Is that true?

Nothing wrong with it - just would like to know.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Who knows, but he hadn't signed it a few months ago. There is still time, let him play for West Ham for a couple of seasons -if he's good enough to be the best, he'll want to move.
Yeah we’re not signing him this summer so best off just to let him develop.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Would be too logical and obvious for us to buy him, back in the day we'd have been all over someone like him, but we'll probably see him go to one of our rivals instead.
People always roll this one out. Would we? You can't buy everyone.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
What is it with England and quality options at RB atm? The most stacked Country on the planet for this role. TAA and Wan-Bissaka both have potential to be come world class, as does Kyle Walker-Peters imo. Walker is already a top 5RB in the world and we have Trippier who is decent?!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Liked him everyone I've seen him. Granted it's a big sample size. But he looked very classy on those occasions.

Someone with his athleticism and drive would be a huge boost to our right hand side.

Hammer_st

In my opinion the next overpriced Premier League transfer. I do not know, why so many fans wants middle ranged players from middle ranged clubs if they have made some good games. In addition, where every transfer within the league is overpriced.
As some write before he probably will move next summer for 40-50m. For that price we would get much better players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Womp

idiot
He really isn't...
His crossing is underwhelming but his ability to beat players off the dribble and his link up play in the final third is good.

Playing in a more dominant team where he can be fed the ball in more advanced areas would only improve his game.

Kostov

Whenever I've seen this guy he has been very good. Going into the summer if we do buy a RB, he should be on the shortlist. Great potential and homegrown as well.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's always very good defensively but I have yet to see the other side to his game.

RedDevilRoshi

What is it with England and quality options at RB atm? The most stacked Country on the planet for this role. TAA and Wan-Bissaka both have potential to be come world class, as does Kyle Walker-Peters imo. Walker is already a top 5RB in the world and we have Trippier who is decent?!
You able to lend one of them to Scotland? :D

We’ve got two very good left backs in Robertson & Tierney but virtually no one at RB.

Could also do with a couple of centre backs as well!

AgentP

Purely from what I'm reading about him on this thread, he is similar to Azpi in the sense that he rarely makes mistakes and is defensively solid. Going forward, he can produce one or two good moments, but overall not very good. Is this a valid comparison ?

Golden Nugget

I do not know, why so many fans wants middle ranged players from middle ranged clubs if they have made some good games.
It’s where most of our successful signings have come from - Rio, VDS, Rooney, Carrick, Cantona, Cole, Yorke, Saha, Sheringham, Valencia, just off the top of my head. There has been some real flops as well, like Schneiderlin, but more often than not, they settle in better and bring success, rather than big names like Veron, Di Maria, Falcao.

Not saying it’s the only way, as obviously we’ve had successes buying from outside the league as well, but success rate from buying within the league, I would assume is higher.

Last edited:

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
It’s where most of our successful signings have come from - Rio, VDS, Rooney, Carrick, Cantona, Cole, Yorke, Saha, Sheringham, Valencia, just off the top of my head. There has been some real flops as well, like Schneiderlin, but more often than not, they settle in better and bring success, rather than big names like Vernon, Di Maria, Falcao.

Not saying it’s the only way, as obviously we’ve had successes buying from outside the league as well, but success rate from buying within the league, I would assume is higher.
Exactly - Fergie mostly focused on signing players who were ready to make the step up. I can’t rememember too many cases of buying established stars from other big clubs under him, with the exception of Vernon and RVP.

buckooo1978

It’s where most of our successful signings have come from - Rio, VDS, Rooney, Carrick, Cantona, Cole, Yorke, Saha, Sheringham, Valencia, just off the top of my head. There has been some real flops as well, like Schneiderlin, but more often than not, they settle in better and bring success, rather than big names like Veron, Di Maria, Falcao.

we seem far more focused on Galacticos under Woodward and this seems part of our issue

we fannied around chasing people like Bale while Liverpool snapped up Salah, Mane and Firmino from Roma, Southampton and Hoffenheim. Even City do most of their shopping from 2nd and 3rd tier clubs.

frookydinho

Him and Dalot would br great options for the future. Gives us two very different options when we need them. One very attacking and one defensively excellent. I hope he's someone we are looking at

Excellent defender but the Redcafe boo boys would be out in no time because he can't put in defense splitting crosses.
Exactly - people are always having a go at Shaw because of his crossing but yet they want Wan Bissaka.

Adisa

I'm not convinced. He's obviously a good defender but at top clubs fullbacks need great attackers. I've not seen that in his game.

CallyRed

Considering how poor we are defensively, am happy he is actually good at defending. Funny that for a defender.

He seems decent going forward. I mean he isn't Cafu nor Alan Hutton but he is still poses a threat

haram

Considering how poor we are defensively, am happy he is actually good at defending. Funny that for a defender.

He seems decent going forward. I mean he isn't Cafu nor Alan Hutton but he is still poses a threat
Not enough of a threat.

izec

Especially as Shaw is an excellent defender.
Well yeah he is our only LB. I dont see anything wrong with buying a more attacking LB, even if Shaw is good defensively. We can expect attacking quality too, so having 2 LBs which excel in different parts of their game wouldnt be a bad thing. Having competition and them picking up bits from each other wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.

Adisa

Well yeah he is our only LB. I dont see anything wrong with buying a more attacking LB, even if Shaw is good defensively. We can expect attacking quality too, so having 2 LBs which excel in different parts of their game wouldnt be a bad thing. Having competition and them picking up bits from each other wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.
I want another LB so I'm in agreement. I think we need an attacking upgrade on Shaw. I'm just trying to create a counter argument for not going after Bissaka

izec

I want another LB so I'm in agreement. I think we need an attacking upgrade on Shaw. I'm just trying to create a counter argument for not going after Bissaka
I dont think we will go for him anyway, because he is another young RB we would need to develop. Personally i dont think we will target a RB at all this summer, because Young and Dalot are here and the club will think that is enough. Add to that that a massive chunk from our transfer money will go to a CB, RW and CM, an overexpensive young PL RB is not on the cards.

I hope we go for a LB personally anyway, i dont see an ideal gettable RB that would be good enough to start for us from the go if i am honest. There is a bigger pool of LBs outside the PL though, and much cheaper.

playtowin

Think he would be an excellent option to have in rotation with Dalot, unless a Laird or so is ready for the first team from the youth ranks.

Would be great to see a natural full back playing there, and not a converted winger, as well as both Valencia and Young have done at full back.

Devil may care

Hes a good defensive RB but doesn't offer a lot in attack and we need that on the right side as our LB is already more defensive. On top of that he's too close in age to Dalot, you can't develop two young RB's at once, we need a bridging RB like Meunier IMO.