Shooting in El Paso, Texas | 3rd August 2019

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Jeez hopefully casualties are low but with more than one shooter I’d be guessing it could be high.

Møllemanden

Let's hope they catch the bastards.

Incredibly difficult to understand the American mentality when it comes to firearms.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Three suspects are in custody after the shooting in El Paso, the city's mayor told CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

"This is a tragedy that I'm having a hard time getting my arms around, frankly," Mayor Dee Margo said with his voice breaking.

Multiple people are dead, and several people have been transported to the hospital, El Paso Police Sgt. Enrique Castillo said in a press briefing.
https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/el-paso-tx-shooting-live-updates/index.html
3 mins ago

nimic

something nice
Scout
Incredibly difficult to understand the American mentality when it comes to firearms.
The Deification of the Founding Fathers (TM) has a lot to do with it, I think. I mean, I appreciate the guys who created the Norwegian Constitution, but there is never a discussion about their original intent, or anything like that. What they meant doesn't matter one little bit.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
"This is a tragedy that I'm having a hard time getting my arms around, frankly," Mayor Dee Margo said with his voice breaking.
I'm gonna stick my neck out and say it might have something to do with your gun laws.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Texas is a particular gun friendly state isn’t it? It doesn’t seem like there was many proud 2A heroes able to step up to the plate today. A live situation perhaps not the same as the ones the Youtubers jerk off over I guess.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
German news correspondent in the US said one guy arrested, multiple shooters not confirmed, situation still not clear. Multiple casualties and at least 30 people brought to surrounding hospitals.

Halftrack

Looking forward to lots of thoughts and prayers from the Republican camp.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Looking forward to lots of thoughts and prayers from the Republican camp.
Trump currently googling whether the shooters are white or bad people before he decides what those thoughts are.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Red_Aaron

Ffs man, the more these happen the more disillusioned I get with our species.

I pray for the souls of all involved

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Looks like a white guy if that CCTV pic is legitimate.

Talk of a lone wolf and mental health problems coming up.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Trump currently googling whether the shooters are white or bad people before he decides what those thoughts are.
Wouldn't be surprised if he came out and blamed it on those bad homres "El" and "Paso".

nimic

something nice
Scout
And don’t forget that if everyone had been carrying this wouldn’t have happened.
I remember when the Charlie Hebdo attack happened, some American gun-rights group decided to stage a simulation, to prove that if someone had been armed it wouldn't have been so bad. I believe their conclusion was that it was overwhelmingly likely that the results would have been just as bad.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
If this was cartel related they'd take immediate action/activate the NG. "We must secure the border!"

If this was (and likely is) a nutter incident they'll do not a fecking thing. "Now is not the time!"

Halftrack

And don’t forget that if everyone had been carrying this wouldn’t have happened.
This was Texas, one of the places where you're most likely to run into a good guy with a gun. Seems none of them were out today.
If its more than 3 shooters and its in El Paso, its most likely gang related.
Right now I'm thinking MAGA Chud(s) targeting bad hombres. Or what the GOP calls a mentally ill person with unclear motives.

Drifter

American
President's quickness of response will depend on if they voted for him or not.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
First sentence says in general he supports the Christchurch shooter and second says it "is a response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas".
'I have no ideas but I need the attention.'