Adama Traore

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Never looks as good when he starts.

his reputation has been built on coming on fresh in games, blitzing the fullback and putting in a good cross.

they keep experimenting with him as a counter attacking striker but it’s just too 1 dimensional. Yes he will usually get 1/2 chances to go off on a dribble but it’s not really enough.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Yes he has his faults but hes so good at what his strengths are.
He won wolves a penalty there out of nothing. He picked up the ball halfway inside his own half with no support and seconds later hes done damage.
I think he could play for a top team. Especially where with better players teams cant afford to double or triple up on him and leave other quality players free.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yes he has his faults but hes so good at what his strengths are.
He won wolves a penalty there out of nothing. He picked up the ball halfway inside his own half with no support and seconds later hes done damage.
I think he could play for a top team. Especially where with better players teams cant afford to double or triple up on him and leave other quality players free.
He doesn't look starter material though, to me. Someone a big club like to have bringing on instead of James or Pedro.

Lee565

He's someone who's career could really go either way, he could either remain as a good player with a top 6 side but not good enough for the elite or it could all click with him and become one of those world class late bloomer type of players.

izec

Think he is more of a squad player for a top side, rather than starter. Just not enough to his game. Obviously what he does, no one else can, but it is a specific weapon great for certain circumstances, but not something for every game in a top side IMO. Unless he can improve a lot on other things in possession and output, but i don't see it.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
He doesn't look starter material though, to me. Someone a big club like to have bringing on instead of James or Pedro.
I dont know man.
Ever since ive seen him against us for the first time when he was at Middlesbrough he just ran through the team causing pure panic.
Obviously he had his struggles with his end product but hes improved on that aspect.
Ive seen him tear apart lbs in the league from Robertson to chillwell and so on.
Most deal with him with numbers if he was at a top team i dont think that would be an option
Say hes on your right wing for example how are teams gonna double up to stop him and leave martial rashford Bruno pogba etc with more space.
I think he has a step up in him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Actually think he'd be devastating for a big team where all he'd need to do to be effective would be dribbling and releasing the ball to the right player with the right timing

Both things he's had little trouble with this season

That, or convert into a world destroying right back

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Imagine he plays under Klopp with his physique, pace and dribbling ability.

Marcus

He really has the fear factor. Would love to see him at United. Would be very entertaining. Can he last 90 minutes though?

Owngoalscorer

I'd frankly put him on the same level as Fellaini in that he's useful for one particular purpose and when he gets that particular aspect of his play right he's devastating and obviously useful to have. Away from his obvious advantages his skillset is pretty limited and we'd be skinned alive by the price we'd have to pay - there are better ways of investing

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He'd be more useful than a lot of our subs. But then we don't have anyone to get on the end of a cross.

Marcus

I can imagine the opposing left back freaking out before the game in anticipation of the torturous time to come.

He will draw freekicks and penalties which our other players can exploit. Also the double teaming on him will free up space.

Last edited:

PitTon

He improves a lot tbh, adding more to his games and use his pace and strength more effectively. He or his coach gets him in a good position in the middle when other teams have the ball so that he has more room to run and its working. Not really as consistent as we'd like to see but his delivery surely improving. And he's 24!! Think he's older than that as I remember him used to play for Middlesbrough? Exciting player indeed.

Like Yaya Toure at his peak, Traore and Antonio at West Ham have crazy body strength. And I think both of them may be very useful for our squad.

EwanI Ted

A better version of Dan James (sorry Dan) but still not a complete player. If he was available cheap he’d be a good option in the squad but it costs so much to get players out of other premier league clubs I doubt very much it would be worthwhile.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I know there was silly money quoted in the press a few months ago, totally unrealistic numbers. What could he realistically go for? I read Wolves need to sell to buy...

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He suits their defensive style by being a super sub.

Keep it tight then let this freak wreak havoc for 30 mins. No full back can deal with his pace and power let alone a tired one.

I am all for his signing. Greenwood starts most games and Adama finishes most.

Obviously Sancho is first choice but Traore is cheaper and therefore we.could also get a midfielder or CB.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He's probably their most dangerous player
Define dangerous? He’s scored 5 goals in 103 PL appearances. Granted, 4 of them came last season but that’s still a pretty poor output in a good side. Like I said, he doesn’t start every game. He was benched 11 times last season in the league. He’s a fantastic option coming on from the bench against tired legs and there are moments where he can look like a genuine world beater but he’s hugely overrated in my opinion. He may kick on and learn to be a goal threat but I don’t think his movement is good enough and if I was wolves I’d cash in for the right price.

Womp

idiot
Define dangerous? He’s scored 5 goals in 103 PL appearances. Granted, 4 of them came last season but that’s still a pretty poor output in a good side. Like I said, he doesn’t start every game. He was benched 11 times last season in the league. He’s a fantastic option coming on from the bench against tired legs and there are moments where he can look like a genuine world beater but he’s hugely overrated in my opinion. He may kick on and learn to be a goal threat but I don’t think his movement is good enough and if I was wolves I’d cash in for the right price.
Movement can be coached. Martial's movement was also quite poor, but it's seemingly getting better under Ole. I would take Traore if we can't get Sancho over the line. Given his stature maybe, people forget he's still young and learning the game, he's been getting progressively better for some time now. He already is accustomed to the league and he is absolutely lethal when isolated against fullbacks.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Movement can be coached. Martial's movement was also quite poor, but it's seemingly getting better under Ole. I would take Traore if we can't get Sancho over the line. Given his stature maybe, people forget he's still young and learning the game, he's been getting progressively better for some time now. He already is accustomed to the league and he is absolutely lethal when isolated against fullbacks.
He does remind me a little bit of Martial in terms of how he always wanted everything to feet but Martial has always been a very good finisher and exceptionally good at short passes/interplay around the box, and is also now very good at his movements. He’s just a far better all round footballer. Traore’s strengths are to get isolated against a full back and get a cross into the box, that’s where his assists mainly come from. We don’t have a Jimenez type striker. I think he’d be a pretty poor signing for us especially at the price they’ll want.

Litch

One trick Pony. A very good trick but not what we need.

Womp

idiot
He does remind me a little bit of Martial in terms of how he always wanted everything to feet but Martial has always been a very good finisher and exceptionally good at short passes/interplay around the box, and is also now very good at his movements. He’s just a far better all round footballer. Traore’s strengths are to get isolated against a full back and get a cross into the box, that’s where his assists mainly come from. We don’t have a Jimenez type striker. I think he’d be a pretty poor signing for us especially at the price they’ll want.
I agree, I don't think we need a 'pure' winger that just gets to the byline to whip in crosses. None of our forwards are particularly good at heading, for starters. They are better at quick, whipped crosses given their speed though, that is a department Traore will improve us in.

This is also under the assumption that the coaching staff believe they can make him more of a goal threat too.

He'sRaldo

More akin to Davies than Bale.

He should probably move back rather than forward if he wants to be a leading player in his position. I reckon he'd be much more frightening at RB than the CF role he's playing now.

The Irish Connection

To be honest, if we can’t get sancho, I would be happy to see traore, coman or costa on the right. Just entertaining classic wingers who take the fullback on on the outside. So tired of the likes of Mata and Lingard there. And Valencia’s last few years were painful too, would barely ever drive to the byline.

Godfather

Would give him a shot. Same kind of player Valencia was. Probably even stronger. When we can't get Sancho we should look at him.

Zlatattack

Would be glad to make a signing like this. He'd improve our first team and our squad.