Adebayor - Medical At City!

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
What do you base that on? They appear to have more ambition because they are buying up every half decent player on the market, but that's because they have mountains more money than Arsenal. If I was a footballer and wanted a move that was good for my career, I'd take the chance of playing at a stable club with a discernible strategy and proper coaching. No doubt City are going places and spending more than anyone else, but if any club had their money they would do the same. In reality, Arsenal are just as ambitious, trying to build a football club rather than a quick fix.
Fine, I put it wrong. The difference with City and Arsenal is that City have the means/money to fulfill their ambition. So they are more likely to fulfill their ambition and win some trophies.

Problem is that Arsenal's stability could fall apart with their big players wanting to leave. Fabregas practically told Real or Barca to come and get him, and other will no doubt soon leave. I don't see them competing at the top level if they don't reinvest in the team in some way.

Spoony

The People's President
We struggled to get Benzema and struggled to keep Ronaldo, our attraction isn't as big as it was. Thats not a bad thing IMO.

DO you not think City have ambition to win titles in the next few seasons?
We didn't bid for Benzema, but he's hardly a big name - although he does have a long name. Shouldn't your muppetry be confind to that Tevez thread?

How about, the Munich singing cnuts are a joke of a club? And you don't think Arsenal have any ambition to win the titles in a few years, whatsover?

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
We didn't bid for Benzema, but he's hardly a big name - although he does have a long name. Shouldn't your muppetry be confind to that Tevez thread?

How about, the Munich singing cnuts are a joke of a club? And you don't think Arsenal have any ambition to win the titles in a few years, whatsover?
:yawn: Stop making cheap remarks.

Reports would suggest we did. Who knows. I am sure Arsenal have some ambition, but they don't seem to have the cash to make their dreams a reality. If you disagree then fine. Lets agree to disagree.

Gazza

Fine, I put it wrong. The difference with City and Arsenal is that City have the means/money to fulfill their ambition. So they are more likely to fulfill their ambition and win some trophies.

Problem is that Arsenal's stability could fall apart with their big players wanting to leave. Fabregas practically told Real or Barca to come and get him, and other will no doubt soon leave. I don't see them competing at the top level if they don't reinvest in the team in some way.
Probably true, although time will tell - if Arsenal finish top four and City don't then what would that say about City's methods? No question City will have a team next season, but Arsenal already have a quality team on the up without the circus surrounding Eastlands.

Spoony

The People's President
:yawn: Stop making cheap remarks.

Reports would suggest we did. Who knows. I am sure Arsenal have some ambition, but they don't seem to have the cash to make their dreams a reality. If you disagree then fine. Lets agree to disagree.
Cheap remarks? What remark are you referring to?

Fergie said he didn't bid for Benzema. Is his word not enough for you, thesedays?

marcus agrippa

We struggled to get Benzema and struggled to keep Ronaldo, our attraction isn't as big as it was. Thats not a bad thing IMO.

DO you not think City have ambition to win titles in the next few seasons?
of those players you mentioned we only bid for Benzema.

according to SAF, we wouldn't go above what Madrid offered.

according to Graham Hunter, Benzema was perfectly willing to come to us.

that's hardly struggling to attract players, is it?

Spoony

The People's President

I don't get all this doom and gloom and bullshit. Kaka said- in Brazil we only follow three clubs, one of them is Manchester.

You'd think these dickeads would have some respect rather than peddle Cascarino's opinion.

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!

According to Benzema's own words, as soon as Real were in the run there was no decision to make. He was never going to turn them down. So that does sound like we are struggling to attract a player.

Spoony

The People's President
According to Benzema's own words, as soon as Real were in the run there was no decision to make. He was never going to turn them down. So that does sound like we are struggling to attract a player.
What after he signed for them? What part of we didn't bid, doesn't make sense to you?

Again, is Fergie lying? What if Tevez had said that we didn't bid?

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
I don't get all this doom and gloom and bullshit. Kaka said- in Brazil we only follow three clubs, one of them is Manchester.

You'd think these dickeads would have some respect rather than peddle Cascarino's opinion.
Thats fine that some players don't want to come to us. We only want players that want to play for United. No one else. I don't see why that is doom and gloom.

Spoony

The People's President
Thats fine that some players don't want to come to us. We only want players that want to play for United. No one else. I don't see why that is doom and gloom.
Some players don't want to come to us like Benzema, despite us not bidding for him.

Are you calling Fergie a:

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
United only make formal bids when they know there is a deal to be done. They usually suss out things first, including the price.

Thus, no formal bid for Benzema, though I'm sure the club were in contact with Aulas and made aware of Real's interest and bid.

Spoony

The People's President
Grow up.

The other guy said that Fergie did say We did bid for him. Get your stories straight.
No Fergie said we didn't bid for him. He said we weren't going to match their valuation nor we were going to get into an auction with Real.

Are you calling Fergie a:

?

marcus agrippa

it's strange.

if we'd bid for Kaka and been prepared to match Madrid's offer, he'd have been ours, i'm sure of it.

i think a lot of idiots buy into what Madrid are selling. it's all about image with them.

Spoony

The People's President
it's strange.

if we'd bid for Kaka and been prepared to match Madrid's offer, he'd have been ours, i'm sure of it.

i think a lot of idiots buy into what Madrid are selling. it's all about image with them.
last season before my rumours, he did actually say that he'd love to play for United or al least alluded to it. But we're never going pay those types of fees. As Fergie said - Real don't care about debt unlike other clubs.

Crerand Legend

Im perfectly happy,Ronaldo was a great player but he was only one cog in a great team.We lost a fringe player as well but with what is already here and we have bought in I have every confidence.I think we over reacting to this some players dont want to come to us,the only player we were proabably interested in was Benzema and Fergie refused to pay the money so we dont actually know whether he would have come here or not

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
Im perfectly happy,Ronaldo was a great player but he was only one cog in a great team.We lost a fringe player as well but with what is already here and we have bought in I have every confidence.I think we over reacting to this some players dont want to come to us,the only player we were proabably interested in was Benzema and Fergie refused to pay the money so we dont actually know whether he would have come here or not
Fair comments. We don't really go for big name players anyway, I proffer it that way.

Adebayor has been granted a work permit now according to SkySports.com. He's already passed a medical according to BBC Sport.

So we can probably expect this transfer to be done within the next few days.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God

Christofaux

Apparently he is consulting his family and friends as he doesnt want to be seen as greedy and Arsenal is far more popular in Africa then city... if the reports are true and city is paying 25 million pound... please go to city... you will be considered a martyr for Arsenal to get someone far better then you... and Africa will love you even more.

Gazza

Apparently he is consulting his family and friends as he doesnt want to be seen as greedy and Arsenal is far more popular in Africa then city... if the reports are true and city is paying 25 million pound... please go to city... you will be considered a martyr for Arsenal to get someone far better then you... and Africa will love you even more.
His relationship with Arsenal fans has been strained at the best of times lately, what reaction would he get if he decided to stay? Personally, I'd be a bit annoyed if a player wanted to leave my club and then aboutfaced because he was worried HIS fans back home would flip. Wenger probably can't wait to get rid, he could address a lot of issues in your squad for that sort of money and Adebayor ain't really worth the trouble in my view (didn't even give the appearance of expending effort at times last season).

Christofaux

His relationship with Arsenal fans has been strained at the best of times lately, what reaction would he get if he decided to stay? Personally, I'd be a bit annoyed if a player wanted to leave my club and then aboutfaced because he was worried HIS fans back home would flip. Wenger probably can't wait to get rid, he could address a lot of issues in your squad for that sort of money and Adebayor ain't really worth the trouble in my view (didn't even give the appearance of expending effort at times last season).
Im going to be pissed off if he doesnt go. His career is already panning out to be Kanu 2. Just without the trophies... or the trivia questions.

25 million is alot of money. Surely it would be splashed in the midfield a bit.

If he doesnt go this year he will probably want to go next year after deciding, due to Arsenal accepting this transfer, that he his 'unwanted' and move for a lower fee to a bigger club. Another example is Henry was kept a season too long (value wise) and i don't think Wenger wants to make that mistake again.

Flying Fox

Im going to be pissed off if he doesnt go. His career is already panning out to be Kanu 2. Just without the trophies... or the trivia questions.

If he doesnt go this year he will probably want to go next year after deciding, due to Arsenal accepting this transfer, that he his 'unwanted' and move for a lower fee to a bigger club. Another example is Henry was kept a season too long (value wise) and i don't think Wenger wants to make that mistake again.
I agree. Your squad is well stocked with strikers that could take that step up to replace Ade. With this 25 million fee sitting in Arsenals coffers, you would expect Wenger to plump for that midfield hardman you so desperately need, rather than spunk it on a group of African or French-African kids with potential.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
City fans suffer further blow as they prepare to sign a second United reject

Reports have emerged suggesting Emmanuel Adebayor's representatives offered him to Man United, in a bid to increase his wages...

16 Jul 2009 04:30:27

The Emmanuel Adebayor saga has taken another twist, with sources claiming that he was offered to Manchester United, who rejected the chance to sign him.

Adebayor's expected transfer to Manchester City has hit a snag, as the Togo international has concerns over being seen as a "greedy" player.

However, according to The Daily Mail, Adebayor's representatives offered him to The Red Devils at a time when talks with City over personal terms were stalling. Convinced that they were the only club who had made an offer, The Citizens tried to reduce his demands of £170,000 per week.

Therefore, Adebayor was offered to United, but the club rejected the chance to sign him.

As things stand, Adebayor is reported to be in the process of considering whether to accept Manchester City's latest offer, but Arsenal seem determined to sell him regardless.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Kinda true except that Kanu was never the dickhead Adebayor always was

Feedingseagulls

No Fergie said we didn't bid for him. He said we weren't going to match their valuation nor we were going to get into an auction with Real.
The highlighted section is pretty much what I remember SAF saying.

... but that doesn't mean we would not have offered a bid below 'their' valuation.

After all, clubs seem to do this all the time: 'such & such an amount rejected as insufficient etc.' Likewise, refusing to get into an auction with another club doesn't mean we didn't make at least one early bid - just means we didn't competitively increase our bid in an attempt to beat them.

Of course, you may not believe that an enquiry along the lines of 'would you be interested in 20m for Benzema?' constitutes 'a bid'.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Adebayor's nothing like Kanu except in that they're tall, black and sometimes wear corn rows.
Usually caftards don't get as far as factoring in stuff like corn rows. Being tall and black is all they need.

If he was tall, white, wore hair in corn-rows and played exactly like Kanu, the comparison would never be made.