5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

With our current personnel and knowing Rooney is not going to be dropped, almost exactly the line up I'd like to see except maybe Smalling for Jones. I just don't see LVG giving Januzaj that shot though with RVP and Mata around.
Before the season started I'd have went with Smalling as well, but in our first 3 games Jones has been good so for now he'd be my first choice CB, of course Rojo is still very much an unknown quantity, no telling if he can uproot Blackett full time.

Jerch

Where does this leave a fully fit RVP and Mata?
This is the formations we will likely to play with maybe some players in other places. Di Maria can play on the wing with Mata in midfield, RVP instead Falcao or Mata instead Januzaj. You need good backups from the bench and having quallity players like Mata and RVP on the bench is good thing. And with our luck with injuries everybody will get games sooner rather than later.

Loublaze

ATLien
I would be amazed if this is true. Most reports suggested it's 30 k
It is 60k a week. I know there are different figures out there. The Sun reported 45k-50k. The Daily Shit and the Mirror reported 60, Telegraph reported 30. From what I understand, he was initially offered 30k from 1k a week but it was raised through the roof when PSG made him an offer of even more money than that. This was confirmed by his agent and was reported on Sky sports (other teams not mentioned apparently did too, one rumored to be City). The lucrative offer PSG put on the table forced United to offer twice the original basic salary. United wanted to avoid another Pogba like situation and during the negotiations Moyes played Januzaj a lot (Moyes was given credit for playing the kid but the truth is there were other reasons why he did at the time)

FromTheBench

This would be our best formation for Januzaj and Di Maria in fact assuming he is given free role -

----------------Falcao------------------
---Di Maria-------Mata---------Januzaj
-------------Blind-----Herrera--------

Falcao a strong, quick focal point and Di Maria, Mata, Januzaj all interchanging in a fluid formation behind.

Can Pigeonhole Rooney there somewhere in a few roles if we have to fit him in as well removing Blind/Mata/Herrera.

Loublaze

ATLien
This is the formations we will likely to play with maybe some players in other places. Di Maria can play on the wing with Mata in midfield, RVP instead Falcao or Mata instead Januzaj. You need good backups from the bench and having quallity players like Mata and RVP on the bench is good thing. And with our luck with injuries everybody will get games sooner rather than later.
Its a short season, maximum 42 games (left) if we get to the FA cup final. I expect Januzaj to feature, I just don't know how much time he'll get.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
It is 60k a week. I know there are different figures out there. The Sun reported 45k-50k. The Daily Shit and the Mirror reported 60, Telegraph reported 30. From what I understand, he was initially offered 30k from 1k a week but it was raised through the roof when PSG made him an offer of even more money than that. This was confirmed by his agent and was reported on Sky sports (other teams not mentioned apparently did too, one rumored to be City). The lucrative offer PSG put on the table forced United to offer twice the original basic salary. United wanted to avoid another Pogba like situation and during the negotiations Moyes played Januzaj a lot (Moyes was given credit for playing the kid but the truth is there were other reasons why he did at the time)
Well if true, then he is a bit of a mercenary and won't be here for long as soon as another club can offer either more money or more playing time. I also never had the impression he loves the club as much as a youngster who has been with us for a while should do (and I don't just mean the British players, DDG for example truly loves us)

* a lot of alerts incoming due to me daring to question anything related to Januzaj *

Loublaze

ATLien
Competing with Falcao, Januzaj and Rooney. At top clubs you should always have strong competition for starting places.
Of course, but when all are fit, I expect Januzaj to get less minutes than our other attacking options, or basically they'll be given more starts and the kid will have to make due with more sub appearances. Now, if Januzaj comes in and shows he's better suited to whatever system LVG has us play, he'll probably push someone out.

Devil may care

Of course, but when all are fit, I expect Januzaj to get less minutes than our other attacking options, or basically they'll be given more starts and the kid will have to make due with more sub appearances. Now, if Januzaj comes in and shows he's better suited to whatever system LVG has us play, he'll probably push someone out.
Well yes, I mean the seniors will get the starts at first and he'll have to push one out, but this formation gives him a much better shot at it than the 3-5-2 IMO.

Loublaze

ATLien
Well if true, then he is a bit of a mercenary and won't be here for long as soon as another club can offer either more money or more playing time. I also never had the impression he loves the club as much as a youngster who has been with us for a while should do (and I don't just mean the British players, DDG for example truly loves us)

* a lot of alerts incoming due to me daring to question anything related to Januzaj *
I mentioned this on another forum, about us having to pay more to keep him, and I got a lot of abuse. People need to realise many players see football as a career first and foremost, and their agents will act in ways to get the best deal for their clients and themselves of course. Im not saying the kid is a mercenary, but money talks, if we didn't step up our offer he'd be at PSG. His agent said it wasn't really about the money, and that Januzaj would've resisted the other teams, but lets be realistic, he only said this after United offered more and after the deal was done. Its romantic to say Januzaj would've stayed regardless of what United offered him but its more likely far from the truth. This is what his agent said

Dirk De Vriese told Sport/Voetbal Magazine: "I can only say that he's the best paid youngster in the world. He earns more than Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi did when they were 19. That means a lot and I'm proud of it.

"We could have waited a little longer and seen how much United wanted him to stay and how much other teams were interested in him.

"All big clubs were knocking on the door, especially PSG.

"Five minutes before we signed a new deal, an advisor of their Qatari chairman called me with an astonishing offer.

"Because Adnan was going to be a free agent at the end of the season, they were ready to offer him anything he wanted, wages and signing on fee.

"But money has never been a deciding factor in his choices. It wasn't important when he chose to join Manchester United. He could have signed a better deal at Anderlecht."

I knew something was up because the PSG rumors were rife before the contract was announced, and the negotiations took longer than expected. Many have forgot.

Loublaze

ATLien
Well yes, I mean the seniors will get the starts at first and he'll have to push one out, but this formation gives him a much better shot at it than the 3-5-2 IMO.
You're right, but I see LVG continuing with 3-5-2 until the players get it. He said it would take three months at least. Ditching it now would suggest admitting failure (which is not necessarily bad) or suggest that he gave up on it early, allowing idiots to question his long term planning, you know how it goes.

united_99

I mentioned this on another forum, about us having to pay more to keep him, and I got a lot of abuse. People need to realise many players see football as a career first and foremost, and their agents will act in ways to get the best deal for their clients and themselves of course. Im not saying the kid is a mercenary, but money talks, if we didn't step up our offer he'd be at PSG. His agent said it wasn't really about the money, and that Januzaj would've resisted the other teams, but lets be realistic, he only said this after United offered more and after the deal was done. Its romantic to say Januzaj would've stayed regardless of what United offered him but its more likely far from the truth. This is what his agent said

Dirk De Vriese told Sport/Voetbal Magazine: "I can only say that he's the best paid youngster in the world. He earns more than Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi did when they were 19. That means a lot and I'm proud of it.

"We could have waited a little longer and seen how much United wanted him to stay and how much other teams were interested in him.

"All big clubs were knocking on the door, especially PSG.

"Five minutes before we signed a new deal, an advisor of their Qatari chairman called me with an astonishing offer.

"Because Adnan was going to be a free agent at the end of the season, they were ready to offer him anything he wanted, wages and signing on fee.

"But money has never been a deciding factor in his choices. It wasn't important when he chose to join Manchester United. He could have signed a better deal at Anderlecht."

I knew something was up because the PSG rumors were rife before the contract was announced, and the negotiations took longer than expected. Many have forgot.
The thing is 30 k are market value for a talented youngster, already great money, and if he / his father can't resist 10 k -20k more PSG were offering in order to stay at United and not join a much weaker league at his age, then something is really wrong with them.

Offering huge money to established stars is one thing, but if we have to offer ridiculous money to unproven youngsters for them to stay then something is terribly wrong at United.
I mean Rojo, a starter for Argentina won't be on much more, if at all. I doubt Madrid are offering Isco, a much better player, much more. And Barca's Pedro isn't on much more either. This is actually depressing if true. And yes I remember there were long contract talks before Januzaj finally signed, so ofc they were negotiating a lot!

Loublaze

ATLien
The thing is 30 k are market value for a talented youngster, already great money, and if he / his father can't resist 10 k -20k more PSG were offering in order to stay at United and not join a much weaker league at his age, then something is really wrong with them.

Offering huge money to established stars is one thing, but if we have to offer ridiculous money to unproven youngsters for them to stay then something is terribly wrong at United.
I mean Rojo, a starter for Argentina won't be on much more, if at all. I doubt Madrid are offering Isco, a much better player, much more. And Barca's Pedro isn't on much more either. This is actually depressing if true. And yes I remember there were long contract talks before Januzaj finally signed, so ofc they were negotiating a lot!
Its crazy. I don't care how talented he is, we offered him that much money on the back of 3-4 first team appearances (at the time he signed). Thats the way it is I guess.

MJJ

You are crazy if you think isco and pedro are earning less than 60k a week. And I really think its strange that people hold it against footballers gettting the best deal possible for themselves.

united_99

You are crazy if you think isco and pedro are earning less than 60k a week. And I really think its strange that people hold it against footballers gettting the best deal possible for themselves.
No I am not. Maybe they are earning a bit more. I mean you don't even have to leave United for comparison: Carrick/Vidic/Evra were never on more than 80/90 k at United, while Januzaj without doing anything for United is on 60 k.

I don't care what anyone says but if he is that motivated by money already then I doubt he even has the mentality to reach his potential.

FromTheBench

He's on 30 to 50k max per week as per reports which is pretty fair. Don't see what the debate is about here.

Probably has a increasing per year wage rate with appearances he makes etc..

united_99

http://sport.news.am/eng/news/26101/isco-becomes-one-of-reals-lowest-earners.html

Now I have taken the reported 2 mil € as net (to be on the safe side) and therefore gone with 4 mil € gross: You'll have 76 k € per week, that for a player who was much much more proven when Madrid signed him.

MJJ

No I am not. Maybe they are earning a bit more. I mean you don't even have to leave United for comparison: Carrick/Vidic/Evra were never on more than 80/90 k at United, while Januzaj without doing anything for United is on 60 k.

I don't care what anyone says but if he is that motivated by money already then I doubt he even has the mentality to reach his potential.
Because money as a motivator is a bad thing?

And I can assure you vidic atleast would have been on more than 80k.

Redo91

Young is reportedly on more than £100,000 a week. Enough said.

He scored both our goals on his full debut at the age of 18. I think that counts for something. We had to pay him what he wanted as we couldn't have a repeat of the Pogba incident. Would you have rather we refused to pay what he wanted and lost him on a free? There's a reason all the top clubs in Europe were sniffing around.

If he was motivated by money he could have waited until his contract expired and he would have had a huge signing on bonus and great wages. He isn't motivated by money. Simple as.

MJJ

united_99

Yep, just like you assured me the Isco salary.

united_99

Young is reportedly on more than £100,000 a week. Enough said.

He scored both our goals on his full debut at the age of 18. I think that counts for something. We had to pay him what he wanted as we couldn't have a repeat of the Pogba incident. Would you have rather we refused to pay what he wanted and lost him on a free? There's a reason all the top clubs in Europe were sniffing around.

If he was motivated by money he could have waited until his contract expired and he would have had a huge signing on bonus and great wages. He isn't motivated by money. Simple as.
Cool!

united_99

So earning more than 60k per week? That too when the euro was a lot stronger than the pound.
Well there is not much to discuss with you if you can't see the point. I said in my original post that I doubt Isco would be on much more, I didn't say he was on much less. And I have gone with 4 mil whereas I could have gone with 3.5 or 3.7 mil a year and devided it by 52.
Anyway, Isco is the much better player, so if Januzaj is earning 60 k, then it would be "fair" for Isco to demand 120 k

MJJ

Yep, just like you assured me the Isco salary.
Maths isnt your strong point, is it? 75k euros are 59.5k pound today, so a year ago when the euro was a lot stronger than isco salary was more than 60k. Should I explain it again? Oh and according to articles his salary has performance clauses in it resulting in a much higher salary once he fulfills those clauses.

united_99

Great response. :rolleyes:

I know I picked apart your argument but you could at least try to back your points up.
Nope, you should back up your point as you presented it as fact that he is not motivated by money, whereas the long contract negotiations, Moyes playing him a lot during those negotiations (whereas after that he didn't that much and LvG isn't playing him much) and that interview I just read that he is the best paid youngster in the world and is earning more than Ronaldo/Messi did when they were at his age, at least suggest that he could be mainly motivated by money. And I find this hard to stomach for someone so young who has been with our academy for a while.

If you want to believe what suits you, then fair enough, not my concern!

united_99

Maths isnt your strong point, is it? 75k euros are 59.5k pound today, so a year ago when the euro was a lot stronger than isco salary was more than 60k. Should I explain it again? Oh and according to articles his salary has performance clauses in it resulting in a much higher salary once he fulfills those clauses.
You can read again what I said, I already explained it and won't repeat it.

Redo91

Nope, you should back up your point as you presented it as fact that he is not motivated by money, whereas the long contract negotiations, Moyes playing him a lot during those negotiations (whereas after that he didn't that much and LvG isn't playing him much) and that interview I just read that he is the best paid youngster in the world and is earning more than Ronaldo/Messi did when they were at his age, at least suggest that he could be mainly motivated by money. And I find this hard to stomach for someone so young who has been with our academy for a while.

He didn't play much after he signed the contract? He started the first game we played after he signed the new contract (Southampton at home). He was also our most important player at the turn of the year. He was played even more after he signed the contract and that is a fact. LVG is only playing him less now and he can't play many positions in our current formation.

That same interview you mentioned also includes his agent saying that just before he signed the contract with us he was offered an "astonishing" contract from PSG which suggests he turned down more money than we were offering to stay at the club. As I mentioned already he also could have let his contract run down and earned even more by joining a club on a free transfer.

united_99

He didn't play much after he signed the contract? He started the first game we played after he signed the new contract (Southampton at home). He was also our most important player at the turn of the year. He was played even more after he signed the contract and that is a fact. LVG is only playing him less now and he can't play many positions in our current formation.

That same interview you mentioned also includes his agent saying that just before he signed the contract with us he was offered an "astonishing" contract from PSG which suggests he turned down more money than we were offering to stay at the club. As I mentioned already he also could have let his contract run down and earned even more by joining a club on a free transfer.
Well I doubt we would have played him at all if he had done that. Anyway, good luck to him and his deserved salary.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool

I think it's a bad thing. Guardiola agrees, saying the best players aren't motivated by money.

MJJ

I think it's a bad thing. Guardiola agrees, saying the best players aren't motivated by money.
Is that why messi throws a strop over his contract? Ditto for ronaldo? Salary is used as the major basis to see where you stand amongst your competitors. Since he is better than all our wingers or atleast on par with them, then he should be earning a similar salary regardless of his age.
It really doesn't matter, 50 k is way above market average in Europe for an 18/19 year old who didn't have more than three 1st team appearances behind him.

Devil may care

You're right, but I see LVG continuing with 3-5-2 until the players get it. He said it would take three months at least. Ditching it now would suggest admitting failure (which is not necessarily bad) or suggest that he gave up on it early, allowing idiots to question his long term planning, you know how it goes.
The thing is LvG has a get-out in this case as he has said numerous times that he was only using the system due to his selection choices, where as he prefers 4-3-3, so he can easy say the change is due to him now having the players he needs with the additions to play his favoured system without it looking like he is admitting failure. If we stick with 3-5-2 I don't see Januzaj progressing at all, despite what some say he is not ready to be play as a #10 and is wasted as a wingback.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Ideal? I wouldn't call my line-up ideal but this is what I'd go with from our current team.

I love this line-up except that our Right side would be a little weak defensively....Januzaj doesn't drop back much, Herrera has been seen to have lapses in that department, Rafael loves to rush onward and forward more than defend and Jones is a Wild Card, can be good on some occasions/disastrous on others.

Unless we bring in Hummels for Jones in Jan along with Strootman for Blind as First Choices!! :drool::drool:

Of course Wilson and RvP can switch for Falcao, Rooney and Blackett will be Rojo's backup...

In Rainbows

United_99 doesn't really know much about United. It's obvious he knows nothing of Januzaj. First claiming that he only did well against sunderland and Hull, even though he was our best player in the game right after the Sunderland match. Now he's claiming that Moyes didn't play him much after he signed a new contract. He played 30 more games after he signed a new contract and played just 5 before signing a new contract. How wrong can someone be?

He also makes more than Ronaldo or Messi at the same age because there is more money now in football than back then. Just look at how much more money clubs make now a days compared to 2003-2006. Not to mention that Ronaldo signed a contract with United prior to playing for United as that's how transfers work while Januzaj was on his last year of contract last season. United did not want a repeat of the Pogba situation and Januzaj impressed in the youth teams more than Pogba did. Anybody that payed attention to the youth teams would know that.

united_99

United_99 doesn't really know much about United. It's obvious he knows nothing of Januzaj. First claiming that he only did well against sunderland and Hull, even though he was our best player in the game right after the Sunderland match. Now he's claiming that Moyes didn't play him much after he signed a new contract. He played 30 more games after he signed a new contract and played just 5 before signing a new contract. How wrong can someone be?

He also makes more than Ronaldo or Messi at the same age because there is more money now in football than back then. Just look at how much more money clubs make now a days compared to 2003-2006. Not to mention that Ronaldo signed a contract with United prior to playing for United as that's how transfers work while Januzaj was on his last year of contract last season. United did not want a repeat of the Pogba situation and Januzaj impressed in the youth teams more than Pogba did. Anybody that payed attention to the youth teams would know that.
Yep indeed I don't know much about United. Thank God I have ppl like you to teach me stuff about United and our youth teams.

Btw I was wrong about his appearances, I just checked and now I am actually really shocked because I genuinly don't remember him impressing much apart from those 2 games you mentioned. Of course I know he got minutes here and there in other games, but he actually got much more minutes than I thought / remember.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Yep indeed I don't know much about United. Thank God I have ppl like you to teach me stuff about United and our youth teams.

Btw I was wrong about his appearances, I just checked and now I am actually really shocked because I genuinly don't remember him impressing much apart from those 2 games you mentioned. Of course I know he got minutes here and there in other games, but he actually got much more minutes than I thought / remember.
Also excelled vs Norwich at Old Trafford, vs Hull at Old Trafford, vs Aston Vill at Villa Park, vs Fulham at Craven Cottage, vs Stoke at Old Trafford, vs Swansea at Old Trafford, vs Aston Villa at Old Trafford, vs Newcastle at St. James' Park. That's about 10 great performances in his first year of first team football. All this despite not playing much since the turn of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.