5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

First I thought they rest him because he looked quite exhausted after finishing his first 90mins after a long time but it is a knock they say, hopefully he is back soon, he was nailed to start against WHU..

Brightonian

The scary thing is, Januzaj would suit Real Madrids fast moving counter attacking play so well.

Eep.
Even if this were a valid concern, the proper time for it would have been last season before we signed him up to a five year contract. We can now match Madrid's spending power, whilst offering any outfield player a better chance of game time (because our team is worse than theirs). So a contract ending in 2018 means no-one, not even Real Madrid, is getting their hands on Januzaj against our will for at least two or three more seasons.

Got a knock so not involved today
Ugh, bad timing. Still, if it's just a knock he could be fit for West Ham, which might be a better opportunity anyway. After all, he's done plenty of impressing against small teams in his time with us already. What he needs is proper Premier League game time.

Smores

Sounds like he knows that he'll probably have to leave to get regular games and prosper.

If top clubs keep on vying for him then our only hope he's very patient and loyal

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Sounds like he knows that he'll probably have to leave to get regular games and prosper.

If top clubs keep on vying for him then our only hope he's very patient and loyal
What top clubs would sign him now and play him more than us?

Brightonian

He played the last two games in a row and only missed out on a third because of a knock. Now would be a very strange time for him to want to leave to get game time.

Also, he's got a five-year contract with us. If we don't want to let him go, he'll go nowhere.

ricky-romeo

so he was not playing because of a knock? fine then..really was hoping he would start again, as he was brilliant against leicester. the confidence is surely coming back into his game, which is nice to see..

Roman Bellic

Prick
He has done quite well for his age and position, i really do hope we keep him, wouldn't mind loaning him out though, he would have been our Sterling if our midfield was as terrible as Liverpool's.

Edit: was said in the context of a youngster from the academy playing well enough to obtain a starting role for the team, as he did last season... not in any way,shape or form trying to compare his ability to Sterling's, who is far more superior ... for now.

*for those too stupid to understand*

Last edited:

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
He has done quite well for his age and position, i really do hope we keep him, wouldn't mind loaning him out though, he would have been our Sterling if our midfield was as terrible as Liverpool's.
That's some logic there.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Even though he plays up front for Liverpool apart from when he played at the tip of a diamond in a 3-0 win at Old Trafford in a 'terrible' midfield.

The Sterling comparisons are becoming increasingly strained.

Smores

What top clubs would sign him now and play him more than us?
Its a fair point but it doesn't need to be a top top club. He'll see what Pogba has done and if he continues to feel like he won't be fully utilizing his skills then he'll wish he was elsewhere where he's shown more respect. I do think he's a lot more level-headed than the likes of Pogba though so maybe he's just happy for the opportunities.

I don't think many here would say he's at the best club for his development right now would they? He's too risky of a player for LvG

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Its a fair point but it doesn't need to be a top top club. He'll see what Pogba has done and if he continues to feel like he won't be fully utilizing his skills then he'll wish he was elsewhere where he's shown more respect. I do think he's a lot more level-headed than the likes of Pogba though so maybe he's just happy for the opportunities.

I don't think many here would say he's at the best club for his development right now would they? He's too risky of a player for LvG
Considering LVG broke the PL transfer record to sign a much riskier player, how'd you figure that out?

Roman Bellic

Prick
Even though he plays up front for Liverpool apart from when he played at the tip of a diamond in a 3-0 win at Old Trafford in a 'terrible' midfield.

The Sterling comparisons are becoming increasingly strained.
Not comparing performances or anything like that, just saying if we didn't have quality players like Di Maria,Mata,Rooney etc Januzaj would be getting more games like he did last season.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Your midfield is as "terrible" as Liverpool's. Better on paper but being better on paper means feck all.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Your midfield is as "terrible" as Liverpool's. Better on paper but being better on paper means feck all.
LOL

Coutinho - Henderson - Can - Sterling - Gerrard -Lallana - Lucas - Allen - Markovic

Di Maria - Fellaini - Blind - Carrick - Mata - Valencia - Young - Rooney - Herrera

Every single player in our midfield has had at least 2 MOTM performances this season and have scored 24 goals combined compared to your 28 goals, despite most of them being out injured or played out of position.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
LOL

Coutinho - Henderson - Can - Sterling - Gerrard -Lallana - Lucas - Allen - Markovic

Di Maria - Fellaini - Blind - Carrick - Mata - Valencia - Young - Rooney - Herrera

Every single player in our midfield has had at least 2 MOTM performances this season and have scored 24 goals combined compared to your 28 goals, despite most of them being out injured or played out of position.
Err yeah, firstly like I said you might have the bigger/better names but your midfield isn't functioning any better than ours is. If anything it's worse, basically every thread you read on here has someone complaining about how your strikers are starved of service...

Secondly, rating a midfielder's performance on goals is pure nonsense. I don't think our midfield is great but I don't see how a Man Utd fan can think they have a midfield unit that is clearly better.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Err yeah, firstly like I said you might have the bigger/better names but your midfield isn't functioning any better than ours is. If anything it's worse, basically every thread you read on here has someone complaining about how your strikers are starved of service...

Secondly, rating a midfielder's performance on goals is pure nonsense. I don't think our midfield is great but I don't see how a Man Utd fan can think they have a midfield unit that is clearly better.
So what would you rate them on ? even though both our strikers have basically been useless this season,we have created more assists, had a higher % of possession,that also includes passing accuracy and successful passes... i understand our midfield hasn't exactly been spectacular - but that may be due to the fact that we have been struggling with injuries, a lot of fans don't even know our first 11 as we haven't had the chance to watch them for a full month.

You can afford to play Sterling because he brings so much more to the table than your other midfielders which isn't the case with Januzaj as individually our midfielders have been superb, they are still not in-tune as a team but individually they have all won us games, you can't say that about all your midfielders.

Regarding the shortage of ball supply to our strikers your team is actually not doing better than us in that department as Rickie Lambert is your leading scorer (strikers) with only 3 goals followed by Balotelli and sturridge with 2, whilst RVP has 9 goals, Falcao has 4 goals and James Wilson has 2 ... Rooney has 8 but you could argue that he hasn't played as a striker this season.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
No he wouldn't. He'd be too slow for them.
well, that might be in regards to Real specifically.

but it's pretty tedious reading over and over again here about how "slow" he is. adnan has plenty of flaws, but speed is not one of them.

XdanielredX

Hearing rumours about him being used in a possible swap deal involving either PSG's Marquinhos or Everton's Seamus Coleman.......

Surely has to be complete bollocks? otherwise god help us.

Silverman

What??? I can't think of many threads complaining about the strikers being starved. It's mostly that the strikers aren't quick enough. United's midfield is stronger than Liverpool's hands down.

Sam

Sterling is miles better. People need to give this one up.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
What??? I can't think of many threads complaining about the strikers being starved. It's mostly that the strikers aren't quick enough. United's midfield is stronger than Liverpool's hands down.
I don't really buy into it for what it's worth, not to the extent others do at least, but you just need to read the Falcao thread. Every 2nd post is "oh, but he doesn't get any chances, the midfield is to blame".

I think it's a bit of both, like you say your strikers aren't the quickest but I don't think your midfield has been performing well either. Not helped by injuries either in fairness.

Since Lucas came back in to our team our midfield has been performing very well, especially if you consider Coutinho a midfielder.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Grauniad actually has a better way of looking at this, number of minutes played for United as a teenager.

Unsurprisingly, Rooney is way out in front despite making one appearance less than Januzaj (and a dozen or more less than Giggs/Ronaldo)

Still. Adnan is keeping good company. Which has to bode well for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.