5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinJoaquin

Excellent performance today, think us as fans and him directly needed it in reality.

Good to see that as the game went on his confidence was building and building, much like last season. Hope he gets a good run now and keeps it going because the only problem I have with Adnan which may be a tad harsh is that this season when he knows he is back in the starting lineup he starts to become complacent, let's hope that isn't the case now.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He can be very frustrating, but the fact that he wants to take on players is what we all like to see, we just have to be patient with him :)
I agree that he can be frustrating, but today that wasn't the case at all. The frustrating one was the guy he came on for.

pascell

Thought he was great today, after di Maria's disappointing performance. The full back didn't know what Adnan was gonna do, which was great to see. The thing I liked was even though he's left footed, he's starting to learn to use his right a lot more. Step in the right direction from him anyhow.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I agree that he can be frustrating, but today that wasn't the case at all. The frustrating one was the guy he came on for.
It wasn't that bad, but today he got himself in very good positions but sometimes chose the wrong option to make a chance bigger, not that i am saying he was bad or anything, i really like him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Once he learns to control Valencia (who is brainless in attack at times) this can be a hell of a duo. I always thought he will be the best as wide attacker on the right, and overlapping fullback will be a great option.

Delighted with him today, I love his style of play, dribbling especially. LvG substitution for 60m winger will do wonders for his confidence I reckon.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Still remember being one of the few backing him to get chances a few months ago when everyone was throwing their toys out of the pram when he wasn't playing. I think van Gaal is managing him very well and it was great to see him impact the game the way he did.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This was a very good performance from Januzaj. His decision-making was much better, and it showed in his performance today. He was a bigger threat than di Maria on the right, and he gave van Aanholt lots of trouble whilst di Maria wasn't able to do so.

He still shows that he's quite a good dribbler on the ball. His close control is amazing, and his deliveries into the box are also quite good. His two shots from the angle were very good and required Pantilimon to make two good saves. He still has moments of naivety, however, but I'm sure that he'll smoothen those rough edges as he continues to play more.

He just needs to learn when to slow things down and when to speed them up, but when he gets that down, he'll be a dangerous wide player.

VanGaalEra

We can't complain about too much passing and how few shots we have and then say someone is being greedy. It's about damn time someone decided to be greedy.

Happy to see this, which is what I was hoping for all season
Love seeing that.

ZDwyr

Good performance off the bench. Hopefully he gets a start now. Deserves to be playing ahead of Di Maria anyway. Don't have a problem with him shooting, no one else seems to want to take shots.

ChrisG11

Loved his performance today. Him and Valencia had a good understanding and the variation in his play was fantastic. Early shots, hitting the byline to cross, using Valencia as both an option and a decoy, I hope that's what we start with in the next game.

Eric'sCollar

Loved his performance today. Him and Valencia had a good understanding and the variation in his play was fantastic. Early shots, hitting the byline to cross, using Valencia as both an option and a decoy, I hope that's what we start with in the next game.
I've always felt they have a horrible understanding. Valencia doesn't realise he is left footed and plays the majority of his passes to his right foot and they always seem to get the overlap wrong. Well not wrong but never quite right.

It can only improve though.

JackXX

Nice to see him playing with confidence. He looked like he was let off the leash yesterday he's been so conservative this season. Nice to see someone taking players on and getting shots and crosses in at any opportunity. He was a little rusty with some of his crosses but he's entitled to be. Hopefully he can kick on again and get a run of games now.

ChrisG11

I've always felt they have a horrible understanding. Valencia doesn't realise he is left footed and plays the majority of his passes to his right foot and they always seem to get the overlap wrong. Well not wrong but never quite right.

It can only improve though.
Don't get me wrong, it was ten men, but I thought the overlap was used to great effect yesterday. Valencia got free a couple of times inside the area and it also opened up a lot of opportunities for Januzaj to attack the full back 1v1. It probably can improve, but it's the first time I've seen us use it frequently this season and it needs to happen more often. I was absolutely seething when Rojo didn't do the same on the other side when Young played the reverse and he'd stopped running.

DevilRed

Really good performance. His decision making still reminds me of a young Ronaldo but good to see him so confident despite being benched for a few matches.

Made the difference today and we really need to be signing younger players in the mold of Januzaj who are hungry and have pace. I know its easier said than done but we have always rebuilt our teams in the same manner.

Parma Dewol

Love this kid, so entertaining to watch, brought us to life when he came on the pitch yesterday.

I would much rather have him in the starting 11 than Di Maria. I was worried that signing Di Maria would stifle Januzaj's development, and though neither player has been particularly impressive, I do think Januzaj deserves more time on the pitch.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good to see Adnan back but let's not get carried away his end product is woeful at this stage.

Acole9

Outstanding
Di Maria was immense the first 5 games he played for us, or do you mean just for that one game?
Yes sorry, I did make it sound like that. No at all I totally agree he was brilliant for us in the first few months.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Adnan did what he needs to continue to do. He was disciplined and he went down the line and cut inside. He looked to create and score. More importantly, even if it's a lucky assist (shot saved and someone taps it in), you need to put it in good areas of the pitch so if you don't benefit someone else might. We need to rely on him in his position, to create 10+ goals and score a fair few himself. Hopefully he can keep being productive.

I would say other then the odd exceptional cross by Di Maria, he's not better then Nani. Nani rarely overhit crosses. Would prefer Di Maria giving us invention in midfield but he needs to be stronger.

thejtrain

Ideal game for him, especially off the bench. He should gain confidence from games like this at home. Good for him.

mu77

he did ok. nothing great but maybe he should get some additional minutes now and give ADM a rest.

ScarleyUtd

he did ok. nothing great but maybe he should get some additional minutes now and give ADM a rest.
Apart from scaring their defence s**tless (their left back just couldn't handle him – he was either giving aways corners, being skinned or fouling) and setting up the second goal no, he didn't do much.

Last edited:

Eric'sCollar

I thought his showing yesterday looked a lot more mature and professional. Maybe LVG was quite clever by not over using him like Moyes last season.
That's a very basic and easy way to look at it. Januzaj has some great performances under Moyes, some inconsistent ones, some good ones under van Gaal and again, some not so good.

If he doesn't have a good showing next time out, I don't think it can be down to the use of him between Moyes and van Gaal.

mu77

Apart from scaring their defence s**tless (their left back just couldn't handle him – he was either giving aways corners, being skinned or fouling) and setting up the second goal no, he didn't do much.
fuc4 sake so that's great now is it , jesus wept.

Distracted Steward

That was much more free-wheeling and swashbuckling thank anything else we have seen from him so far this season.

I would love to know what van Gaal was saying to him on the way to the tunnel at the end of the first half.

m1y2

apart that he was 44 times better than 60mil diMaria he did okay..

Nailed to start next game

mu77

apart that he was 44 times better than 60mil diMaria he did okay..

Nailed to start next game
agree 100% , like i said not great , did ok , worth more minutes and sit ADM.

Status
Not open for further replies.