Adnan Januzaj image 15

Adnan Januzaj Belgium flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Not what he's known for but he can actually do that and put in a dangerous cross from the left. Not something I've seen Martial or Memphis do.
Yes he can do it, I didn't mean to suggest otherwise but it is a byproduct of his game and shouldn't be his go to move which it has become. Someone like David Silva or De Bruyne etc. can do it too but they should never be hugging the touchline the way Adnan has been instructed to.

Distracted Steward

Any word on how he's training? He doesn't have too many lifeline's left. He better be.on it if there's any chance of him getting back into the team.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There's a story from The Sun (i know) saying that Januzaj and Jones have really impressed Mourinho in pre season training and have forced their way into his plans.
Id never trust the sun, but at least this is positive noise for a change.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...st-midfielder-dazzles-in-pre-season-training/
'Jones has also been used in training at right-back as Mourinho looks at his options.
The England defender, who has usually played at centre-back, has returned from injury and could complete with full-backs for a starting place.'
:nervous:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
'Jones has also been used in training at right-back as Mourinho looks at his options.
The England defender, who has usually played at centre-back, has returned from injury and could complete with full-backs for a starting place.'
I remember when he started out at United. He was superb at RB (well, he was good pretty much everywhere). Wouldn't surprise me if turned out into some Ivanovic like RB IF he stays fit.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Going off topic, but still remember Jones in that game vs RM- he was excellent that night. Gave Ronaldo one really tough night

Ban

Call me crazy but I don't see all that talent. Can someone point it to me. What is he good at?

I'm all for giving chances so Jose should give him one too, but if he goes to another loan I doubt he'll get back this time.

ThanksBoss26

Not found a credible source yet (only The Star) but he's being linked with a loan move to Middlesbrough, where Jose's mate Karanka is in charge.

He's loaned him Chelsea players in the past, Kalas and Bamford, so clearly trusts him to develop players in need of first team games.

I guess much will now depend on how Januzaj shapes up on tour, as to whether this comes to fruition.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If true, I don't think it's a positive sign for him. It suggests he's happy with his centre backs and is looking for a role for Jones.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Call me crazy but I don't see all that talent. Can someone point it to me. What is he good at?

I'm all for giving chances so Jose should give him one too, but if he goes to another loan I doubt he'll get back this time.
His through balls, change of pace, going past players and shots on goal. He is pretty incredible at those.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A move to Middlesborough would actually be a fantastic move for him I think. Bit like Welbeck, it will be sink or swim really. He needs to play week in week out.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
His through balls, change of pace, going past players and shots on goal. He is pretty incredible at those.
His shots on goal arent that impressive tbh, he had some decent chances in Moyes' first season but most went wide, not enough in the corners of the goal and not with enough power and venom. He does have an accurate set piece tho.

shamans

His shots on goal arent that impressive tbh, he had some decent chances in Moyes' first season but most went wide, not enough in the corners of the goal and not with enough power and venom. He does have an accurate set piece tho.
I didn't mean venom/power but his technique and ability to find goal from around the box is pretty good. You mention that Moyes season: I recall him beating defenders and curling it towards the corner a few times. Yeah many of them missed but they were pretty darn close and at 18 that's impressive. He seems very composed and cool infront of goal.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
I didn't mean venom/power but his technique and ability to find goal from around the box is pretty good. You mention that Moyes season: I recall him beating defenders and curling it towards the corner a few times. Yeah many of them missed but they were pretty darn close and at 18 that's impressive. He seems very composed and cool infront of goal.
I think it makes it less impressive, if you can beat defenders on a frequent basis and with the right angle, more often that not, you cant score, thats pretty average. He has scored 5 goals for us since his PL debut, thats really poor given that he had many more chances to score.

shamans

I think it makes it less impressive, if you can beat defenders on a frequent basis and with the right angle, more often that not, you cant score, thats pretty average. He has scored 5 goals for us since his PL debut, thats really poor given that he had many more chances to score.
Well the shots I was refering to were from positions most players wouldn't even think of shooting from. I found it pretty impressive as they weren't just whacks that may go in or may not (like Nani) but were actual close efforts.

prath92

A move to Middlesborough would actually be a fantastic move for him I think. Bit like Welbeck, it will be sink or swim really. He needs to play week in week out.
I'm not sure a young player will play week in week out anymore at clubs in the PL. with the money available, clubs like Boro are going for players like negredo.

Bamford ripped up the championship 2 years back yet barely got a game for crystal palace, whose strikers Gayle and wickham hardly scored. Hard to see januzaj starting unless mourinho has an understanding with karanka.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm not sure a young player will play week in week out anymore at clubs in the PL. with the money available, clubs like Boro are going for players like negredo.

Bamford ripped up the championship 2 years back yet barely got a game for crystal palace, whose strikers Gayle and wickham hardly scored. Hard to see januzaj starting unless mourinho has an understanding with karanka.
Well Januzaj is still better than most of their attackers, he could happily play behind Negredo. And yeah maybe Karanka would happily take him on loan with Mourinho's blessing, could work out nicely for both parties.

Crimson King

There was a story the other day saying Jose was looking to pair Jones with Smalling as 1st choice CB paring, whilst gradually introducing Bailly to PL football, so really these guys know feck all!

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
The sooner we can loan him to a club in this league where he can either continue to choke or step up and hurt our opponents from a far, the better. Had it with this kid.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
See some of his highlights from his firs season here. Considering his age at the time, he is very strong in all those aspects.
Plus all his highlights for the u21s. I know its not comparable in terms of quality, but Adnan was a young lad for that level and he stood out out. He has a bit of everything to his game, his passing ability and vision included. He plays passes that other don't even see.

Loublaze

ATLien

Just a little reminder of his first season

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Hopefully we'll see some of that cause really I haven't noticed it.
Really? I'm baffled at how short memories are on here. He's played some lovely through balls in his time with us even last season last season when he barely played. This was one from the Moyes season (skip to 2:35). I don't know enough about his attitude to comment but his talent is unquestionable.

shamans

Plus all his highlights for the u21s. I know its not comparable in terms of quality, but Adnan was a young lad for that level and he stood out out. He has a bit of everything to his game, his passing ability and vision included. He plays passes that other don't even see.
This is the biggest thing. I don't know if I'm overrated it because of the dull 3 seaosns we've had with no creativity but whenever he's on the pitch I feel like he can cut through the defense one way or another.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This is the biggest thing. I don't know if I'm overrated it because of the dull 3 seaosns we've had with no creativity but whenever he's on the pitch I feel like he can cut through the defense one way or another.
No you're not , i think he's just that good. I look through our squad now to see which players are calable of elevating their game and lighting up Old Trafford, and he is one of them. Luckily we've got the likes of Martial, Ibra and Mikhi now too. But i will always hold out hope that Adnan will get back on track as long as he's here. I've seen too much for his season under Moyes to be a flash in the pan as some are now trying to make out.

ottosec

Any word on how he's training? He doesn't have too many lifeline's left. He better be.on it if there's any chance of him getting back into the team.
Mourinho's buttboy Castles is reporting that he impressed in training. Hopefully it's true.

R'hllor

Think his biggest issue is the head and after that season under Moyes,he made decision to bulk up a bit...so how the feck (looking that clip above) he looks much more stronger on/off the ball pre bulking,getting muscles etc. In same games when he has grown a bit he couldnt stand on his feet,falling all over the place,its strange.

shamans

No you're not , i think he's just that good. I look through our squad now to see which players are calable of elevating their game and lighting up Old Trafford, and he is one of them. Luckily we've got the likes of Martial, Ibra and Mikhi now too. But i will always hold out hope that Adnan will get back on track as long as he's here. I've seen too much for his season under Moyes to be a flash in the pan as some are now trying to make out.
He was not a flash in the pan at all. People compare him to Macheda but I think they coulnd't be further from the truth. He was playing whole games well from start to finish.

Vanrouge

How was he?
Not on the field long enough for a proper full impression, but it was a good cameo. He looks stronger this year. Beat his man a couple of times and on one occasion got in the box and cut it back only for Herrera and Pereira to mess it up between them. Should have been a chance for a shot on goal.

Devil may care

Looked sprightly, showed pace and intent when attacking his fullback and looked up for it. I'd like to see him start against City instead of Lingard or Memphis.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
A front four of:

Januzaj-Mkhitaryan-Martial
Zlatan

Would be so :drool:

Obviously Pogba would be sitting in behind :wenger:.

Happy with his performance, thought he did 10000x better than Lingard.

shamans

A front four of:

Januzaj-Mkhitaryan-Martial
Zlatan

Would be so :drool:

Obviously Pogba would be sitting in behind :wenger:.

Happy with his performance, thought he did 10000x better than Lingard.
Swap Miki with Janu. He would play from the middle in his first season if I'm not wrong. If he is ti play on the wing then I'd like him an Miki to be swapping. Or even better have the three of them swapping around and moving about :drool:

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Swap Miki with Janu. He would play from the middle in his first season if I'm not wrong. If he is ti play on the wing then I'd like him an Miki to be swapping. Or even better have the three of them swapping around and moving about :drool:
Mkhitaryan looked so much better in the centre like against Wigan. On the wing he drifted out of the game, but I mostly blame that on him being played on the LW when he's so much better at RW.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Can definitely see Januzaj getting a lot more game time this season. I'd certainly pick him ahead of Memphis if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.