Adnan Januzaj image 15

Adnan Januzaj Belgium flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocRockter

Slow and uninventive are the closest adjectives that come to mind.. Had a couple chances with the ball but the passes were awful.
Needs to play every week to get back the spark so loan him somewhere where he is the first choice. We'll see how the new management see this. LVG seemed to get this right 12 months earlier but Dortmund was just a wrong destination.

hirotan69er

I think loaning him out would be the best thing. Yes, he's got the skills but he lacks in football IQ way too much. Needs to cultivate on reading the game by playing constantly, and I don't see it happening this season under Mourinho. He could have done it last season, but going to Dortmund was his own choosing, wasn't it? Maybe that part might get some adjustments by playing in lower table clubs.

criticalanalysis

Slow and uninventive are the closest adjectives that come to mind.. Had a couple chances with the ball but the passes were awful.
Needs to play every week to get back the spark so loan him somewhere where he is the first choice. We'll see how the new management see this. LVG seemed to get this right 12 months earlier but Dortmund was just a wrong destination.
You must have been watching a different game to the rest of us then. He had a decent cameo and did the most of what was given to him with the ball.

These 2 pre-season games are probably the most encouraging things he done since last year pre-season because he's doing the basics well. Hold up, take on a player, putting a cross in, playing 1-2s etc etc.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Where is the Januzaj of Moyes days?

Why can't he take players on like that anymore? that swift beating of players and quick turn of pace?

How does it just disappear?
I think it's a confidence thing. Just give him time and it'll be back, but it will take patience and time on the pitch. Nmot just a token gesture of a few minutes here and there.

prath92

Why can't he take players on like that anymore? that swift beating of players and quick turn of pace?

Multiple reports of him having an attitude problem.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
He literally ran past his markers. How is that slow? Today he was the only one to do that along with Rashford.

You must have been watching a different game to the rest of us then. He had a decent cameo and did the most of what was given to him with the ball.

These 2 pre-season games are probably the most encouraging things he done since last year pre-season because he's doing the basics well. Hold up, take on a player, putting a cross in, playing 1-2s etc etc.
Yeah Im pretty sure some people just copy and paste the same shit without thinking about it. Just like the throwaway "attitude" comments.

To be fair I'm accused of the same thing in the Lingard thread. :lol:

In Rainbows

That was never Adnan's game. In fact, he didn't even do it often for the youth team until Moyes got here.

I hope they don't encourage him to play like that.

Mark Pawelek

Why not both?
I'm an old fashioned person who likes to see a winger get down the line to put in a cross. Adnan seems to be the only player we have, able to play on the wing, who can do that with his left peg. It also looks like we might be due a mass clearout of left peggers: Blackett, Wilson, Rojo, Blind. Maybe even Juan Mata. Is it a good idea to get rid of all your left peggers in one go like that? That will leave only Luke Shaw and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson as 'experienced' left peggers.

MounchesterUtd

Sell him to Napoli while he still has value and while they still have the Higuain money :drool:

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Should have sold him after his brace against Sunderland.

Shouldnt have ever bought him as a kid, actually. Only player to play like shit under LVG, in spite of his numerous opportunities playing in his favoured position.

He's already 21, too.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Should have sold him after his brace against Sunderland.

Shouldnt have ever bought him as a kid, actually. Only player to play like shit under LVG, in spite of his numerous opportunities playing in his favoured position.

He's already 21, too.
Yeah, he was brilliant for Dortmund as well! And he's actually shown something in the past 2 seasons.

suheilsworld

Been linked with a loan move to Sunderland with Moyes. I think it will be a good loan move. Be in the EPL, will get to play regularly and hopefully get accustomed to the EPL style rather than sending him somewhere out.

prath92

Last summer also he was linked to Sunderland but he chose to goto Dortmund. Hope he has better sense now.

khoazany

Being linked doesn't mean he will move.I don't think we will loan him out either, can't see Jose fancies Memphis or Young over him.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Hope he isn't loaned out. He can do it on the big stage. He's done it for us in his first season. We should give another ago. If Memphis and Lingard can get chances so can he

MounchesterUtd

Sell him with a buyback like what Real did with Morata. You basically pay another club to develop him.

Sell him first for 30m to Napoli (for example)
Option to recall after first season - Utd pays 45m
Option to recall after second season - Utd pays 35m
Napoli and United agrees to let him stay there - additional 20m from Napoli

Obviously I have no idea how much the higher ups will spend on him, but you get the gist of it

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Hope he isn't loaned out. He can do it on the big stage. He's done it for us in his first season. We should give another ago. If Memphis and Lingard can get chances so can he
He deserves chances ahead of Memphis hut Lingard has done well. Despite having less potential he has actually produced quite a bit last season and his work ethic, drive should be rewarded. Wouldnt really mind if both Memphis and Januzaj go on a serious loan to a PL club.

prateik

I hope it happens. He had his best season under Moyes.. He'll get games..

InfiniteBoredom

Doing business with him doesn't suit us.

We have tried hard to distance him from us.

I think this is just another lazy journalist story like when Jose was being linked to every Chelsea player
Kinda hard to avoid him if he wants to buy dross/youth rejects off us in the future. We do business with Sunderland quite regularly in the past.

I'm sure the club hierarchy has no love for Moyes and vice versa, but they won't exclude dealing with him just because he failed us.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Did I watch a different game? He came on probably looked our most dangerous player along with Rashford.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
It's unlikely that he'll be a big player for a top team, whether that's at United or elsewhere.
People are desperate for him to make it, but he'll end up just like the majority of 'youth products'.

His first few games are (and will probably remain) the highlight of his United career. Just like quite a few of them in years gone by.

I think he'll reach Lamela's level at best - both individually and club-wise.

Bwuk

I don't think we should loan him out.

He's had two years of being messed about here.

Either give him a chance or sell. (with hopefully a buy back clause).

Sb_16

He's a better LF backup than Memphis. But the latter deserves more time. :confused:

FacerTheRed

Januzaj is talented guy but i'm still wondering how talented. He stood out during the Moyes era and I applaud him for that, but during LVGs reign he just went missing. Not taking players on, decision making were poor, positioning was poor etc. I dont know if that LVG to blame or himself, its hard to know. He didnt do well at Dortmund but tbh ill give him the benefit of doubt considering the amount good players they have which was a struggle for Januzaj to get games. He needs to pull his finger out this season because if he cant get games at United or even in another team if he goes out on loan, then I'm afraid he will be gone at the end of the season or even January if Jose feels theirs no hope for him. I really want him to do well and bring that 2014 Januzaj back, lets just hope.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I've been saying it for about a year or so now, I just can't see him having a future here with us.

Think it all went to his head. Didn't seem to take that Dortmund chance we'll enough.

Loan him to Sunderland and if he sets the world a light, keep him.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I've been saying it for about a year or so now, I just can't see him having a future here with us.

Think it all went to his head. Didn't seem to take that Dortmund chance we'll enough.

Loan him to Sunderland and if he sets the world a light, keep him.
Yeah, also supposedly because of not applying himself well enough (attitude) iirc. A pity really. Had very high hopes for him and he was probably the only positive thing during Moyes' reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.