Adnan Januzaj image 15

Adnan Januzaj Belgium flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

XdanielredX

It's sad to think it's come to this.

Imagine if we could look into the future, at the end of the David Moyes' season many would be predicting he is one of the best players in the EPL by now... not on the verge of selling him at cut price to get rid...

Jig1234

I hope he does not go on loan/sold.

Young/Lingard & Memphis are terrible wingers. He is actually the best of a bad bunch. He would offer more than the other three who I have zero faith in.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
It's sad to think it's come to this.

Imagine if we could look into the future, at the end of the David Moyes' season many would be predicting he is one of the best players in the EPL by now... not on the verge of selling him at cut price to get rid...
I firmly believe things will turn around for him. Van Gaal's philosophy killed his confidence.

WhoDaGOAT

I firmly believe things will turn around for him. Van Gaal's philosophy killed his confidence.
I think he's finished here, but will have a good career abroad in Italy or somewhere like that.

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be. People can blame it purely on LvG, whereas Adnan takes a lot of the blame as well.

He is immature and his performances were fading by the back end of Moyes' season anyway.

shamans

I think he's finished here, but will have a good career abroad in Italy or somewhere like that.

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be. People can blame it purely on LvG, whereas Adnan takes a lot of the blame as well.

He is immature and his performances were fading by the back end of Moyes' season anyway.
I do not buy the "he is immature. He has an attitude problem". It's just convenient journalism. When he was scoring he was praised for having a calm head and proffesional attitude then suddenly he had a bad attitude. It's just making up a story that sells.

No shit he was fading away. He was 18 in a terrible team. If Jose doesn't play him this season he will be gone and have a very succesful career whever he goes.

WhoDaGOAT

I do not buy the "he is immature. He has an attitude problem". It's just convenient journalism. When he was scoring he was praised for having a calm head and proffesional attitude then suddenly he had a bad attitude. It's just making up a story that sells.

No shit he was fading away. He was 18 in a terrible team. If Jose doesn't play him this season he will be gone and have a very succesful career whever he goes.
He is your typical LAD. Wears snapbacks, talks in slang and loves to hang with his "bros" and bang hoes.

When he was playing well, he was showing a maturity beyond his years in terms of decision making. He was an unknown quantity when he first came through. Teams started figuring him out more and more as time went on. You receive more respect from defenders and players double up on you.

I think the hype went to his head. He became more and more of an individual player. This is what let him down at BVB. They attack as a unit, but he was slowing down attacks by dallying on the ball and trying to dictate things to his own rhythm. They like sharp, crisp attacks.

It happens all the time in football. It could even happen to Rashford, but he has shown great mental strength so far.

And his attitude was called into question when Ferguson went on a rant aimed towards him during a FA Youth Cup match a few years back.

dichinero

I agree here. Any wonder why the immature and I'll disciplined rumours spiked during LvG's reign? Almost every youngster that was dropped had a mental issue. We didn't get that when he was younger in Moyes' time. Same story ran with Pereira as well who wanted to go out on loan to further his career. That sounds like a player with solid mental strength, doesn't it? Convenient and lazy journalism that our fans have jumped on!

shamans

I agree here. Any wonder why the immature and I'll disciplined rumours spiked during LvG's reign? Almost every youngster that was dropped had a mental issue. We didn't get that when he was younger in Moyes' time. Same story ran with Pereira as well who wanted to go out on loan to further his career. That sounds like a player with solid mental strength, doesn't it? Convenient and lazy journalism that our fans have jumped on!
Yes. Also there is absolutely no evidence except for words. In someone like Balloteli's case we could see the stuff happening outside the pitch. How come we never hear of Januzaj in any bar fights/speeding tickets/controversies?

dichinero

Yes. Also there is absolutely no evidence except for words. In someone like Balloteli's case we could see the stuff happening outside the pitch. How come we never hear of Januzaj in any bar fights/speeding tickets/controversies?
It's unfortunate that our fans have used that to beat him with. I bet they weren't saying that a few seasons ago especially when PSG were reportedly interested in him. If he went I'm sure we could be dealing with a Pogba pt 2. The funny thing is that he is still a kid. Blimey!!!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He is your typical LAD. Wears snapbacks, talks in slang and loves to hang with his "bros" and bang hoes.

When he was playing well, he was showing a maturity beyond his years in terms of decision making. He was an unknown quantity when he first came through. Teams started figuring him out more and more as time went on. You receive more respect from defenders and players double up on you.

I think the hype went to his head. He became more and more of an individual player. This is what let him down at BVB. They attack as a unit, but he was slowing down attacks by dallying on the ball and trying to dictate things to his own rhythm. They like sharp, crisp attacks.

It happens all the time in football. It could even happen to Rashford, but he has shown great mental strength so far.

And his attitude was called into question when Ferguson went on a rant aimed towards him during a FA Youth Cup match a few years back.
To be fair, managers like Fergie will only get involved with a young lad like Adnan like that if they see something special in them and really want to push them. Fergie was only full of praise and excitement with Adnan when it came to his retirement and he was just on the fringes.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Maybe he should have joined Juve too because here he just hasn't developed at all since we handed him the 50 k per week contract.

I also don't see him getting much playing time at United next season. Should go out on loan and start showing the attitude his father was on record claiming during the contract negotiations with us.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It's unfortunate that our fans have used that to beat him with. I bet they weren't saying that a few seasons ago especially when PSG were reportedly interested in him. If he went I'm sure we could be dealing with a Pogba pt 2. The funny thing is that he is still a kid. Blimey!!!
Yeah that's what they were all saying when they were begging the club to sign him up to a new deal. Football fans are fickle. I remember Pogba being written off on here because of his 'attitude', now look. I remember all those saying Ross Barkley, Ryan Tunnicliffe and Petrucci were better prospects.

snk123

He has barely played the past two years and when he has - it has been in a dysfunctional attacking unit of LVG.

Deserves to play a season under Jose

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's not rare for a player to burst on the scene focused and determined to show something, and when they have done that to lose some motivation and desire to make the next step. So it's not like the mental problems aren't real because he apparently didn't have them in 13/14 under Moyes.

WhoDaGOAT

To be fair, managers like Fergie will only get involved with a young lad like Adnan like that if they see something special in them and really want to push them. Fergie was only full of praise and excitement with Adnan when it came to his retirement and he was just on the fringes.
I don't question his talent. It's a mental thing. He needs to dedicate himself.

If you want to be among the elite, you need to really live and breath football.

stevoc

Where does this Januzaj has an attitude problem stuff come from?

Has he actually done something to suggest he has a bad attitude or is it just all twitter/paper waffle.

In Rainbows

Well if this is his natural game and that wasn't then bring back his "un-natural" game any day of the week please.
Well obviously you would want him to be able to dribble past players, but I'm saying that I don't believe the dribbling to the capacity he showed in that season is in his arsenal. He's tried playing that way the past 2 years and he hasn't been able to do it. That's why I want to see him go back to how he played pre-Moyes where he was praised for his intelligence on the pitch.

He has a great first touch, technique, control, can pass, and has vision. He needs to start utilizing those tools before thinking about dribbling where fans and the coaches get frustrated when it doesn't come off.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
See, he only had one good game, as made evident in this video.

Also, you can see how bad his attitude is, but what you CANT see are his baseball caps and backpacks that he wore off the pitch ( others in this thread have pointed that out). Those are bad things to wear if youre a kid, unless youre Luke Shaw then it's okay.

bpet15

For sure - there is no way anyone that dresses like a douche and wears flat bill caps can possibly be a good player.

Insert Messi, Neymar and Dani Alves pictures here.

Jaybomb

I remember some people on here saying they wouldn't even accept 50m from PSG from him. And now everyone wants him sold...

Football fans.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I'd like to see him stay and play or go out on loan to a premier league club. I didn't understand that Dortmund move at all - he was never, ever going to get into that team.

I'd hate to see him leave on a permanent basis. He'd probably go for peanuts given our shite selling track record, too. The guys still only 20/21 isn't he?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Where does this Januzaj has an attitude problem stuff come from?

Has he actually done something to suggest he has a bad attitude or is it just all twitter/paper waffle.
Tuchel made some pretty damning comments about him not having the necessary commitment and dedication to advance his career at his age. Tuchel has the reputation of being pretty blunt at times and not dressing up ciriticism with phrases, but he is usually not that blunt.

The question here is if that was just in connection with his attitude towards his loan move (although he wanted to come here) or his attitude in general. It is still too soon to write him off, though. Nonetheless this will be a vital season in his career and determine a lot of his future as football player.

RooneyLegend

Should go to west ham. Him and Payet combining would be worth the admission fee alone.

stevoc

Tuchel made some pretty damning comments about him not having the necessary commitment and dedication to advance his career at his age. Tuchel has the reputation of being pretty blunt at times and not dressing up ciriticism with phrases, but he is usually not that blunt.

The question here is if that was just in connection with his attitude towards his loan move (although he wanted to come here) or his attitude in general. It is still too soon to write him off, though. Nonetheless this will be a vital season in his career and determine a lot of his future as football player.
Cheers for the info mate, i remember hearing something about those comments and thats fair enough. Was just wondering beyond that has there been anything concrete to prove he has had a bad attitude during his time at United. To be honest i think it's one of those things that gets repeated so many times most people start believing it.

He may well have acted up in Dortmund but young player who was basically shunted out the door by Van Gaal after starting last season in the side takes a loan in another country to maybe try to prove him wrong but his heart wasn't in it and probably got discouraged by the fact he was unlikely to break into your side. In those circumstances i don't think its any big surprise he struggled to settle in Germany.

Perrick Dubois

I hope if we sell him, we're at least sensible enough to insert a buy-back or first choice clause.
Why is everybody so obsessed with selling players? We sold so many players going into last season that we literally had room for six more senior players to be registered. While having four overage keepers on the books that were registered. Relax, let him fight for his spot.

@stevoc I believe Tuchel said "his heart was always in Manchester" and I would warrant that the attitude stuff stems from the fact that he went on loan in the first place which was a bizarre set of circumstances in itself. I'd personally add that I think he believes he is better than he has shown. But sometimes when a player grows into his ego it can make him that much better.

He's got a very good opportunity under Jose to get his head down, get wide and get towards goal and make use of himself. I am looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
People are obsessed with commenting on players attitude when in truth they haven't a slightest clue.

stevoc

@stevoc I believe Tuchel said "his heart was always in Manchester" and I would warrant that the attitude stuff stems from the fact that he went on loan in the first place which was a bizarre set of circumstances in itself. I'd personally add that I think he believes he is better than he has shown. But sometimes when a player grows into his ego it can make him that much better.

He's got a very good opportunity under Jose to get his head down, get wide and get towards goal and make use of himself. I am looking forward to seeing how he goes.
You might be right mate, though thats probably a bit unfair on Adnan if it were the case, i doubt Januzaj woke up one morning last August and suddenly decided he wanted to move on loan to Germany. It will have been because Van Gaal basically pushed him out the door. Even when he came back he barely got 5 minutes of playing time at LB before the last few games of the season.

Clear to me Van Gaal didn't like him as a player probably took too many risks for his liking.

WhoDaGOAT

People are obsessed with commenting on players attitude when in truth they haven't a slightest clue.
Almost as obsessed as those who blindly defend players, make excuse after excuse for them, and who live in the past.

Maybe Ando can fulfil his potential one day.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Almost as obsessed as those who blindly defend players, make excuse after excuse for them, and who live in the past.

Maybe Ando can fulfil his potential one day.
Good, maybe you can present a coherent argument on those grounds instead of talking about what kind of clothes he wears or engaging in armchair analysis of a players mental state. I'm not holding my breath though.

MD7

Good, maybe you can present a coherent argument on those grounds instead of talking about what kind of clothes he wears or engaging in armchair analysis of a players mental state. I'm not holding my breath though.
I'm not sure about his time at United, but weren't there direct quotes from the head coach of Dortmund about Januzaj's attitude? That he didn't want to be there, and preferred going back to United?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I'm not sure about his time at United, but weren't there direct quotes from the head coach of Dortmund about Januzaj's attitude? That he didn't want to be there, and preferred going back to United?
That only tells me he desperately wanted to play for United. Of course loaning him out after he started a couple of games on the bounce and did fairly well was ridiculous in the first place and sums up LVG.

WhoDaGOAT

Do you watch TV standing up or something?

MD7

That only tells me he desperately wanted to play for United. Of course loaning him out after he started a couple of games on the bounce and did fairly well was ridiculous in the first place and sums up LVG.
I think the reasoning behind LVG actions were that he didn't want Januzaj to just sit on the bench or play with U21 because he preferred Memphis, and Martial as LW. So instead of having Januzaj as a 3rd option, he let him go on a loan. Which was the right thing to do. Of course we could say that Januzaj should be second, and Memphis should've been loaned out, but that's in hindsight since we didn't know that Memphis was going to have a shitty season, and we just bought him.

stevoc

I think the reasoning behind LVG actions were that he didn't want Januzaj to just sit on the bench or play with U21 because he preferred Memphis, and Martial as LW. So instead of having Januzaj as a 3rd option, he let him go on a loan. Which was the right thing to do. Of course we could say that Januzaj should be second, and Memphis should've been loaned out, but that's in hindsight since we didn't know that Memphis was going to have a shitty season, and we just bought him.
That would be strange reasoning from Van Gaal as in his two years at United he didn't once play Januzaj as a left winger for 90mins. I'm not sure either that Martial was brought in with left wing in mind maybe he was but he only seemed to be consistently played out there once Rashford emerged.

Status
Not open for further replies.