Adnan Januzaj Exit Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

XdanielredX

Adnan Januzaj tells Manchester United he wants to leave after meeting with Jose Mourinho
  • Adnan Januzaj has told Manchester United that his future lies elsewhere
  • Januzaj was told to leave on loan but he now wants a permanent move
  • The 21-year-old has struggled to make an impact after starting brightly
  • Everton, Paris Saint-Germain and Ajax are all interested in his signature

Adnan Januzaj wants to leave Manchester United on a permanent transfer.

The 21-year-old was one of a number of United players to discuss their future with manager Jose Mourinho on Thursday and was told he was free to go out on loan and find regular football.

However, the Belgium international would prefer to start his career afresh and make a permanent move away from Old Trafford.

Januzaj was heralded as United's next great hope in 2013. He signed a lucrative five year contract under David Moyes as the club fought to ensure he didn't follow the same path as Paul Pogba and leave as a teenager.

He made his competitive debut in the Community Shield in 2013 and scored twice on his first start for the club against Sunderland. He was even nominated for BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year after just ten games.

However, after Moyes left, Januzaj struggled to make an impression under Louis van Gaal and a subsequent loan at Borussia Dortmund only earned criticism from the German club's staff for his attitude.

The Belgium international was left out of this weekend's trip to Sweden and is now looking for a move with Sunderland, Everton, AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain and Ajax among those keen to take him.

United will also listen to offers for Andreas Pereira, who has interest from PSV Eindhoven and Leicester, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Will Keane and Tyler Blackett.

Cameron Borthwick Jackson, James Wilson and Paddy McNair will be allowed out on loan though Wilson may yet opt to stay.

What a sad probable end to his United career...

The general consensus after his debut season under Moyes was he was the closest thing to Ronaldo we have had and that he was one of the best players to emerge from the Youth team for some time.....

No one 2 years ago would have envisaged this....

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If we sell Januzaj hopefully we do it like Madrid and Barca do, with buy back option.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I aren't bothered at all, I dont buy this love in some fans seem to have with januzaj he's hugely overrated and obviously has attitude issues

He's comparable to somebody like bojan,

started off at a big club,
looked to be a talent,
will drift around a few clubs,
end up at Stoke or similar in a few years

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
So much talent at a young age. It is a shame that he could not develop to fulfill that potential at United. Everton would be a good move for him. He needs a team that will make him a regular starter and not go to one of those big name clubs.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's never going to be good enough to play here. Hopefully it is permanent for both our sakes.. kid needs to forge a proper career for himself.

mu4c_20le

Disappointing. But if the article is true and his heart is no longer here, then it's better for everyone.

ThanksBoss26

Seems like the most obvious solution now for all parties, particularly if he wants it.

He has two years of his contract left, I'm not sure the benefit of a season long loan now. Even assuming he does okay on loan, we're in the position next summer where we're offering him a new contract when he'd have barely kicked a ball for us for three years. Given the contract he's on now, it'd be a reasonably expensive one too.

A buy-back option though seems a very sensible thing to insert in any sale and I wouldn't necessarily see the need to sell him on the cheap either.

the unknown one.

The raven sits ever watchful above my chamber door
It's the Mail ffs.

Even if we want to sell him, we would loan him out next season and not sell him on the cheap when his stock is at its lowest and he has at least two years left on his contract.

A loan to Sunderland under Moyes is what would be the best for him next season and I see this happening in the next week or so.

C'est Moi Cantona

No way we should sell him now we'd be lucky to get £10 m, loan him to Sunderland and if he doesn't do anything then cut loses next summer, if he does well then bring him and offer a new contract.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Well that's rather disappointing. I had such high hopes for him after his magnificent debut season. I always had hope that he'd get his act together, become the player he can be, and go on to be one of our best for many a year. Hopefully he goes on to have a good career because it'd be a shame to waste that talent. Though, if he does fulfill his potential, it'll be sad that it wasn't here with us.

prath92

No way we should sell him now we'd be lucky to get £10 m, loan him to Sunderland and if he doesn't do anything then cut loses next summer, if he does well then bring him and offer a new contract.
I'm ok with selling for £10m if we can insert a clause that we can buy him back for £12m or so if we want. Like Barca do to their youth players

Bruno8

Disappointing end to his United career but cant say im surprised because we knew it was going to happen as soon as the new regime came in

Sb_16

Feels like the decision was taken emotionally rather than a well thought one. Last year we heard how his heart was at United when on loan. Must be disappointed and butt hurt to hear he's not required for the coming season. His number was changed too.

Don't want him sold, but if we do, hope there will be a buy-back clause.

NinjaFletch

Let's be honest the English media don't have a clue what's going on at our club. They've been wrong on every single potential incoming and there's nothing to suggest they've suddenly got insight into outgoing players either (in fact the story that the article refers to has already been partially debunked by TFM, his agent, and Mourinho).

Maybe Januzaj does leave this summer, maybe he doesn't, but if he does its the case of even a broken clock being right twice a day.

Mark Pawelek

Mourinho says he has no objection to players being sold it they want to leave. It seems to me, United also have a tradition of doing what's best for their reserve players and not hindering their careers. Another factor is there seems to be no one at United, nor any kind of policy, trying to get value in the transfer market. Not in the way smaller clubs do. I think Januzaj will leave now. He'll want a club to buy him because they'll be committed to getting the best from him (having spent £££ to get him). Better that than a loan. He'll probably even have to take a pay cut when he leaves.

GazTheLegend

Daily Mail = Total Bullshit.

However their original sources are the Gazetto Dello Sport and Manchester Evening News, so I guess he'd do ok at AC Milan, and the Moyes connection might secure him a loan or even a transfer to Sunderland

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Good. If this is true then the sooner he's gone, the better. A loan move would have been ideal but if he can't even wrap his head around that then it's best for all concerned to get that stinking attitude away from the club. Pathetic.

That all said, there's still a chance it's not completely true given it's the Mail. Will wait and see.

AndyJ1985

I want everyone to quote me on this. If leaves we will regret it.
We won't. He's massively overrated because he was one of the only positives during the disastrous Moyes tenure. He's been shite since then.

Celestiale

Sell him now, and get him back in 3 or 4 years for 70mio "education cost" when he is a world class player...seems like the new PL top club way (de Bruyne, Pogba, Lukaku....)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There's a high probability the Mail piece is bullshit. If it were true, we would be hearing it from many Journos simultaneously, not just one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best move for him if he does move on. He's not going to be anything more then a squad player here at the moment, and he is at the stage where he needs to be starting consistently in order to develop. Of course he still has potential, but Martial is streets ahead of him, as is Mkhitaryan, as is Mata and a few others, so realistically, he doesn't have much hope to even develop into first choice in the next few years. If he becomes class one day, and we have a spot in the side available, then I hope we include a buy back clause but I doubt it.

stevoc

If not, then there is no hope for him or his attitude so we should sell him next summer.
Never like his attitude
again with a reprimand about his attitude.
obviously has attitude issues
best for all concerned to get that stinking attitude away from the club. Pathetic.
Just from the last two pages, is this one of those Caf beliefs that is repeated so many times by so many people that it becomes accepted as fact despite there being little or no evidence that it is true.

Is there one quote from anyone who has worked with Januzaj at Manchester United in the past or present who has said Januzaj has an attitude problem?

We have one quote from the Dortmund manager which doesn't even say he had an attitude problem or was unprofessional in any way. Basically just suggesting he was 'homesick' and was still focused on United. And thats it.

Zilpzalp

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
First of all: Yes, Tuchel DID say that he had an attitude problem, and Zorc did as well. They did it implicitly, discretely, but unambiguously. I know both of them very well, trust me on this.

Also, the Belgium U-something coach also said the same thing - that his attitude is keeping him back.

These statements, coupled with van Gaals treatment of him (van Gaal is known for loving youngsters if they behave, and completely dropping them if they misbehave), and the fact that he literally tried to score from a corner in a youth match, makes it pretty obvious that he is lacking in the mental aspect.

By the way - Januzaj has shown me the worst performance of any player I've ever seen so far in my life. His performance in one of his games was so appalling, I've never seen anything like it before. No player I have ever watched put in a performance as bad as he did on that day. I seriously don't understand why some people rate this kid.

stevoc

First of all: Yes, Tuchel DID say that he had an attitude problem, and Zorc did as well. They did it implicitly, discretely, but unambiguously. I know both of them very well, trust me on this.

Also, the Belgium U-something coach also said the same thing - that his attitude is keeping him back.
So no one from United then?

Out of interest when did Tuchel say he had an attitude problem and what did Zorc say about him?

The Belgium coach criticized him for turning down an u21 call up if i remember correctly.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Which means the square root of feck all as he has never even worked with Adnan. Me saying Adnan has the greatest attitude in the world balances that out as we both have the same experience of working with Adnan.

Celestiale

By the way - Januzaj has shown me the worst performance of any player I've ever seen so far in my life. His performance in one of his games was so appalling, I've never seen anything like it before. No player I have ever watched put in a performance as bad as he did on that day. I seriously don't understand why some people rate this kid
by that logic Lewandowski has to be a quite bad player as well. Back then when he was newer at Dortmund he had quite some absolutely abysmal performances..
Judging a player by one appearance, ooh yes :rolleyes:

Zilpzalp

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That is not what I said. I watched him in every game that he played for us of course, so about a dozen games. He was never good for us, and he showed me just how bad one performance can be.

Also, I watched quite a bit of United's games too (mainly because of Kagawa - I watched quite a bit of Utd in those two years, even if Kagawa did not play much) and I don't think that Januzaj has anything special about him.

By the way, "Lewandowski bad" does not even compare to "Januzaj bad".

XdanielredX

This also plays back into the mentality argument.

Would rather bail and have a "fresh start" rather than stay and work hard and try to get back to where his promise led us to believe he could be.

itso 7

Sell with a buy back clause, if he doesn't turn his career around in the next four years we simply don't exercise it. Atm he is lost and most likely will not get the sustained time on the pitch he needs for his development.

Akshay

Staff
That is not what I said. I watched him in every game that he played for us of course, so about a dozen games. He was never good for us, and he showed me just how bad one performance can be.
Which game was this? I only watched Januzaj's early games at Dortmund as I admit I lost interest once it became clear he was not succeeding there.

Status
Not open for further replies.