Adnan Januzaj Exit Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Pawelek

However, I dont see anything wrong with him wanting to leave if he's not part of our plans here. Wtf else is he supposed to do?
No one complained when Ashley Fletcher refused the contract extension offered and left. Why are Januzaj's critics making such a big fuss of him wanting to leave? He'll almost certainly have to take a pay cut if he leaves here. Supposed to be on £40k/week. I think he wants to leave because he's been advised it's best for his long term career; probably by his family and/or agent. That's me creating false rumours again, making stuff up, like everyone else does. What does it matter why he wants to go?

prath92

He isn't stupid. He probably knows that playing chances are higher if you join a club permanently rather than on loan unless the club is in league one or something. Clubs have vested interest in getting the best out of you if they own the player.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Everyone saying it would be in Sunderlands best interests only if they bought him is crazy. They will be fighting relegation and he'll be their best winger by a distance. Stop thinking just because he didn't play much on loan at Dortmund that he wouldn't at sunderland

RooneyLegend

Yeah, selling him to Sunderland and inserting a buy back clause is really the best course of action. He's too big a talent to lose him without one, but keeping him here is doing absolutely nothing for his career at this point. The best match he's ever played was under Moyes too(vs Norwich) so perhaps he'll use him like he did in that match, and he'll flourish. He really does need this move to be a reality.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Conversely our "barren years" may not have been so barren with an ascendent Pogba doing what he did at Juve over the past four years. It was a silly move to allow him to leave and probably underscored the emerging reality that Fergie's old ways were incompatible with the new era of powerful players and agents.
Van Gaal has already spoiled the talented Januzaj. Who knows he might have developed into a better player had he be given the chance to leave. Sadly, he preffered the likes of Young, Lingard and Depay to a promosing academy star.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Van Gaal has already spoiled the talented Januzaj. Who knows he might have developed into a better player had he be given the chance to leave. Sadly, he preffered the likes of Young, Lingard and Depay to a promosing academy star.
What makes you think LvG ruined Januzaj ? He didn't exactly impress during his loan to Dortmund amid reports he has an attitude problem.

shamans

What makes you think LvG ruined Januzaj ? He didn't exactly impress during his loan to Dortmund amid reports he has an attitude problem.
Attitude problems were lazy journalism. Van Gaal played him wrong and when he was back chose to play an out of form Depay ahead of him

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Attitude problems were lazy journalism. Van Gaal played him wrong and when he was back chose to play an out of form Depay ahead of him
He has been a flop since his stretch of games under Moyes. What do you know about Januzaj that Lvg, Tuchel, and Mourinho don't ?

shamans

He has been a flop his stretch of games under Moyes. What do you know about Januzaj that Lvg, Tuchel, and Mourinho don't ?
Don't get what you mean.

I know he is better than Depay. Mourinho probably doesn't think he's better than mkhitaryan or other new signings and isn't bothered to give hm a chance.

shamans

So Adnan who could not get a game at Dortmund by time he left was in form and should have been handed the starting job? Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:
Did you even see him at Dortmund ? Even his sub appearences were ten times better than the crap Depay was displaying.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Don't get what you mean.

I know he is better than Depay. Mourinho probably doesn't think he's better than mkhitaryan or other new signings and isn't bothered to give hm a chance.
Its just weird that you are somehow flogging this fantasy that Januzaj has been hard done by, by a manager who has given a boat load of youth players a chance in the past two years, just as he did at Bayern. Clearly, if Januzaj had the quality, attitude, and work ethic to break through during this period, he would have. But he didn't under LvG, was sent home early by Tuchel, and doesn't seem to be regarded as anything special by Mourinho. Just deal with the reality that he just may not be good enough here.

Brightonian

He has been a flop his stretch of games under Moyes. What do you know about Januzaj that Lvg, Tuchel, and Mourinho don't ?
Funny how everyone is convinced they knew more about setting up a team to play well and win than LVG, but when it comes to players like Januzaj the fact that he decided never to give him a proper go is definitive proof he's hopeless.

And Mourinho? We're trusting his judgement of players who it might actually require a little bit of time and patience to get the best out of? Lukaku, De Bruyne, Bertrand? Honestly if Mourinho ditches Januzaj it'll be the firmest endorsement of his promise yet.

shamans

Its just weird that you are somehow flogging this fantasy that Januzaj has been hard done by, by a manager who has given a boat load of youth players a chance in the past two years, just as he did at Bayern. Clearly, if Januzaj had the quality, attitude, and work ethic to break through during this period, he would have. But he didn't under LvG, was sent home early by Tuchel, and doesn't seem to be regarded as anything special by Mourinho. Just deal with the reality that he just may not be good enough here.
Well there's nothing I can say to convince he is good is there? It's all just words until he starts playing. I am almost certain he will go on to be a special player. Time will tell.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Funny how everyone is convinced they knew more about setting up a team to play well and win than LVG, but when it comes to players like Januzaj the fact that he decided never to give him a proper go is definitive proof he's hopeless.

And Mourinho? We're trusting his judgement of players who it might actually require a little bit of time and patience to get the best out of? Lukaku, De Bruyne, Bertrand? Honestly if Mourinho ditches Januzaj it'll be the firmest endorsement of his promise yet.
The truth is that LVG is better than all of us when it comes to set up a team to play well and win, and he is also better than us when it comes to develop young players.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well there's nothing I can say to convince he is good is there? It's all just words until he starts playing. I am almost certain he will go on to be a special player. Time will tell.
I'd love for him to make it. He definitely has the natural ability and skills to do so, but lacks a bit in the attitude and work ethic department. Its the only logical explanation for his flattering to deceive over the past two years after his stretch of games under Moyes.

shamans

I'd love for him to make it. He definitely has the natural ability and skills to do so, but lacks a bit in the attitude and work ethic department. Its the only logical explanation for his flattering to deceive over the past two years after his stretch of games under Moyes.
May I just ask how you know this? I mean you say I am acting like I know more than the managers but this whole "attitude" thing... we have seen no evidence of it whatsoever.

You remember when he scored those goals under Moyes? Papers and everyone was talking about how his attitude is professional and mature. Even then, it was lazy journalism. When players do poorly we say they have bad attitude but when they do well we say they are proffesional.

I am sure if Messi was a bad player fans and papers would say he is too lazy/timid/lacks fire whereas if Ronaldo was crap everyone would say he spends too much time on fashion and not football.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
May I just ask how you know this? I mean you say I am acting like I know more than the managers but this whole "attitude" thing... we have seen no evidence of it whatsoever.

You remember when he scored those goals under Moyes? Papers and everyone was talking about how his attitude is professional and mature. Even then, it was lazy journalism. When players do poorly we say they have bad attitude but when they do well we say they are proffesional.

I am sure if Messi was a bad player fans and papers would say he is too lazy/timid/lacks fire whereas if Ronaldo was crap everyone would say he spends too much time on fashion and not football.
Its been reported in the media - most notably Tuchel's alleged comments on the matter, as well as by De Brun. It can also be a deductive assessment from his performances - a talented young kid who rarely gets a chance to play despite being fully fit. Van Gaal has a pretty solid record with youth and yet Januzaj couldn't punch through to the first team despite the likes of McNair, Blackett, TFM, CBJ, and others all getting plenty of game time.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
i just wish he'd leave already. i'm sure he could too, but it annoys me to think the likes of him, pereira and wilson are rotting in the reserves and not even training with the first team.

i don't disagree with mourinho's methods, mind you. i'm just disappointed for those three, in particular the first two.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Its been reported in the media - most notably Tuchel's alleged comments on the matter, as well as by De Brun. It can also be a deductive assessment from his performances - a talented young kid who rarely gets a chance to play despite being fully fit. Van Gaal has a pretty solid record with youth and yet Januzaj couldn't punch through to the first team despite the likes of McNair, Blackett, TFM, CBJ, and others all getting plenty of game time.
Well put. I'd have been blunt with the truths at hand here.

GazTheLegend

There's a TON of evidence!!!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/adnan-januzajs-manchester-united-future-7547190

Also google Januzaj annoying van Gaal for trying to score from a corner in an U-21 game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ims-Borussia-Dortmund-boss-Thomas-Tuchel.html

Two managers annoyed by his attitude. And then there's for Belgium!

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester...itude-by-belgium-u-21-boss-enzo-scifo-1528235

The guys just an EXTREMELY talented kid but he's at a crossroads. If he wants it enough he can be as good as he likes, if he models himself on someone like Figo as a player - because Januzaj is not very quick, and will never be quick if he's not now so he has to offer something else in a football match.

But three managers at least have thought he has a poor attitude and that's extremely worrying.

vanrooney

He may be talented but he is by far not that good like many on here think. He has everything to proove and doesnt seem to have the attitude for it. It helped him a lot that he was a shimmer of light in the darkness of moyes

starman

Considering we are on the verge of buying back a player for 100m we let go a few years ago. It would be crazy to just let a player of Januzaj talent go without any buy back clause

shamans

There's a TON of evidence!!!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/adnan-januzajs-manchester-united-future-7547190

Also google Januzaj annoying van Gaal for trying to score from a corner in an U-21 game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ims-Borussia-Dortmund-boss-Thomas-Tuchel.html

Two managers annoyed by his attitude. And then there's for Belgium!

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester...itude-by-belgium-u-21-boss-enzo-scifo-1528235

The guys just an EXTREMELY talented kid but he's at a crossroads. If he wants it enough he can be as good as he likes, if he models himself on someone like Figo as a player - because Januzaj is not very quick, and will never be quick if he's not now so he has to offer something else in a football match.

But three managers at least have thought he has a poor attitude and that's extremely worrying.
Daily Mail articles with NO quotes?

"My feeling was that he never was completely with us, that a part of him always stayed in Manchester and he compared everything here with United.
We were not able to help him to shake that off"

This is what tuchel said. How is that "bad attitude"? Again, the whole bad attitude thing is lazy journalism at its finest. LVG didn't pick him because Januzaj wasn't his type of player. He messed around with him too trying him out as a striker -- he just never let him play his natural game.

And it's not all down to him. Last season, Depay was being selected ahead of him. You're telling me "if he wants it enough he can be as good as he likes" when memphis depay in the form he was was getting selected ahead of him?

This season it will be tough. We have no signings and many options. As a Januzaj fan I would play him but it is understandable if Mourinho uses other options. Last season it was down to LVG.

Mark Pawelek

I'm ok with selling for £10m if we can insert a clause that we can buy him back for £12m or so if we want. Like Barca do to their youth players
A buy back clause has to be reasonable for the club who take him. Selling for £10m with a £12m buyback is unreasonable. Better sell for £10m with a £20m buy back. Then the buying club get some value out of it if Januzaj succeeds. Winners all around. The advantage to United of a buy back is that a club can't refuse to sell us a player we want. We will only buy him back if he succeeds way beyond your current expectation. We're not Chelsea or some small Spanish club, behaving like 2nd-hand football player dealers; trying to squeeze the last penny out of a deal.

We owe him a little. He came here aged 16 trying to make a career for himself and gave it his best shot until things went wrong. We don't want a reputation for trying to spoil young footballers careers with unreasonable buyback deals. We don't want top 16-year old prospects to have second thoughts about coming here.

zeekey

There's quite a few decent Nandos up this way too, so a move to Sunderland might be a good move for him. What can go wrong?

m1y2

that's huge disappointment for me but to make it short I wish him to restart his career in sunderland under his godfather Moyesi, perfect club for him to go to, I am sue Moyes will want to buy him straight away, I hope we include the buyback clause though

Red Bug

Apparently his attitude stinks behind the scenes so good riddance. We need players dedicated to the team.

He had a few good games but I personally feel that us Utd fans overrate the lad. He isn't that good.

Won't mind seeing him go.

dove

Not good enough. Can't see him playing any role in the team this year. We should sell him, just don't forget to insert buy back clause FFS.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
I'm not bothered if he stays or goes, so far he hasn't progressed like we hoped he would.
Maybe the change to a different shirt number has hit a nerve or something, might do him the world of good to focus more about becoming a good player.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Sell him now, and get him back in 3 or 4 years for 70mio "education cost" when he is a world class player...seems like the new PL top club way (de Bruyne, Pogba, Lukaku....)
Sounds like a man bitter that PL teams can afford to do so. ;)

Wasn't aware that KDB went back to Chelsea, either.

Last edited:

MounchesterUtd

People need to understand that the Januzaj of the Moyes year was just him on a crazy purple patch. The game is filled with stories like his, it really isn't that surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.