Adnan Januzaj Exit Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

What kind of wages is he one? 80k/week? Wonder how much we'd get for him. Would like to hope above or at least around £20m

Dobbs

Crazy to let him go. Surely a guy has to actually play some football before we decide he's not good enough. It's one of the frustrating elements of modern day football. Too many young lads don't get enough minutes. He should have been playing somewhere consistently for the last two years. Imagine how much better he would now be.

I wouldn't even loan him out. I still think the team lacks invention and a bit of magic.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Would be gutted if we sold him without being sure he cant cut it

A loan to Sunderland for a year seems perfect if we can make that happen

CG1010

He's barely played for us in the last two seasons, Depay has consistently demonstrated his averageness.
(1) Januzaj has barely played because he failed to perform even at a basic level.
At the start of the 2014-15 season, he was given the #11 shirt by LVG, clearly setting him up for the next season. He did appear for 18 premier league matches for us but failed to score a single goal. He was also consistently shit in his performances - unable to hold the ball, go past the defender (which was what got him the hype last in 2013-14 season), and erratic passing.
At the start of the 2015-16 season, he was started by LVG in the preseason, and LVG repeatedly indicated that he was in his first team plans. But once the actual season started it became clear that he is far from ready, resulting in his loan to Dortmund. After a terrible loan, he was brought back after which he either fell out with LVG or was deemed not good enough to play. As pointed out earlier, atleast three of his managers complained about a poor attitude.

(2) Depay has definitely demonstrated his averageness and as it stands he has lot to do to prove that he is a United player. BUT as it stands he also would win the competition for a place in the squad against Januzaj hands down! First, Depay has actually shown some end product in his first season for United - scoring 7 goals - higher than Januzaj's career first team goals. Second, Depay's performances against minnows have actually been quite good whereas he has clearly struggled against the physical nature of the PL in his first season. So there is atleast a base on which he could build and potentially improve. Whereas in the last two years, Januzaj has shown nothing to be encouraged about his first team prospects.

For me its clear that Januzaj was found out by the defenders out after his first season, and he failed to show the required hard work and mental strength to get over the hurdle. If I were him, I would request a loan to a championship team instead of being sold, and put in the hard work in the next season to convince Mourinho of his potential.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Wouldn't be that bothered if we lost him, but would be nice to have a buy-back clause just in case. Think he was unlucky that he had Moyes as a manager, who basically tried to make him the saving grace of his time here. Was brought back down to earth with the new manager and thought he'd already made it.

Skills

Snitch
I'd do a Morata type deal.

Buy back clause after 2 years. Some bonuses for the team if he meets some targets (PFA team of the year, number of appearances, goals) to give them a real incentive to play him rather than treat it as a shit loan.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
If we can get £20m plus a buy back clause then we should sell him.

Robbie Boy

If Ibe moved for around £15m then surely Januzaj is worth more than the £10m that has been touted.

Ole90+3

Crazy to let him go. Surely a guy has to actually play some football before we decide he's not good enough. It's one of the frustrating elements of modern day football. Too many young lads don't get enough minutes. He should have been playing somewhere consistently for the last two years. Imagine how much better he would now be.

I wouldn't even loan him out. I still think the team lacks invention and a bit of magic.
We all know the kid has a huge amount of talent and potential, but there's a reason why 3 managers now have publicly expressed issues with the player. His mental state is obviously not made out to be a top footballer.

Robbie Boy

The problem is Adnan will be on higher wages tham ibe so may affect the transfer fee.
Aye, true. In the current market, £10m just sounds very low for a 21 year old that has played over 50 league games for us and at one point, looked extremely promising. I mean, Brad Smith just moved for £6m despite barely featuring for Liverpool.

Dobbs

We all know the kid has a huge amount of talent and potential, but there's a reason why 3 managers now have publicly expressed issues with the player. His mental state is obviously not made out to be a top footballer.
Whatever we think about his mental state he should have been playing regular football over the last two years. It's not like his attitude is so bad that it's impossible to get him on the pitch. He's not Ravel Morrison.

Himself, the team around him and the club have really ballsed things up.

Ole90+3

Whatever we think about his mental state he should have been playing regular football over the last two years. It's not like his attitude is so bad that it's impossible to get him on the pitch. He's not Ravel Morrison.

Himself, the team around him and the club have really ballsed things up.
If a player isn't showing the correct attitude or work-rate in training, then no, they don't deserve to play.

The last thing we want to portray as a club is that anything less than 100% and total dedication is acceptable.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I'd do a Morata type deal.

Buy back clause after 2 years. Some bonuses for the team if he meets some targets (PFA team of the year, number of appearances, goals) to give them a real incentive to play him rather than treat it as a shit loan.
Thing is if Adnan wants to leave why would he want a buy back clause in the deal?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
(1) Januzaj has barely played because he failed to perform even at a basic level.
At the start of the 2014-15 season, he was given the #11 shirt by LVG, clearly setting him up for the next season. He did appear for 18 premier league matches for us but failed to score a single goal. He was also consistently shit in his performances - unable to hold the ball, go past the defender (which was what got him the hype last in 2013-14 season), and erratic passing.
At the start of the 2015-16 season, he was started by LVG in the preseason, and LVG repeatedly indicated that he was in his first team plans. But once the actual season started it became clear that he is far from ready, resulting in his loan to Dortmund. After a terrible loan, he was brought back after which he either fell out with LVG or was deemed not good enough to play. As pointed out earlier, atleast three of his managers complained about a poor attitude.

(2) Depay has definitely demonstrated his averageness and as it stands he has lot to do to prove that he is a United player. BUT as it stands he also would win the competition for a place in the squad against Januzaj hands down! First, Depay has actually shown some end product in his first season for United - scoring 7 goals - higher than Januzaj's career first team goals. Second, Depay's performances against minnows have actually been quite good whereas he has clearly struggled against the physical nature of the PL in his first season. So there is atleast a base on which he could build and potentially improve. Whereas in the last two years, Januzaj has shown nothing to be encouraged about his first team prospects.

For me its clear that Januzaj was found out by the defenders out after his first season, and he failed to show the required hard work and mental strength to get over the hurdle. If I were him, I would request a loan to a championship team instead of being sold, and put in the hard work in the next season to convince Mourinho of his potential.
tl;dr - He's shit, get rid.

I agree, he's hasn't got the right attitude to make it at United.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Think about that for a minute if you will
LvG didnt' rate him in his system, that doesn't mean he's less talented, LvG also afforded less games to someone like Pereira than Tyler fecking Blackett and McNair.

CG1010

tl;dr - He's shit, get rid.

I agree, he's hasn't got the right attitude to make it at United.
He got the early success to his head. Last season he insisted on being loaned to Dortmund as if other clubs were below 'his level'.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
LvG didnt' rate him in his system, that doesn't mean he's less talented, LvG also afforded less games to someone like Pereira than Tyler fecking Blackett and McNair.
Dortmund coach questioned his attitude
Belgian coach questioned his attitude also.

There's more competition in attacking roles than defending so LVG giving more games to Blackett & McNair is a moot point to make & has no bearing on difference in ability.

We all know Januzaj has great ability, but you need more than just ability to cut it.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Dortmund coach questioned his attitude
Belgian coach questioned his attitude also.

There's more competition in attacking roles than defending so LVG giving more games to Blackett & McNair is a moot point to make & has no bearing on difference in ability.

We all know Januzaj has great ability, but you need more than just ability to cut it.
Never said otherwise, but the point the poster was making was Depay got more game time under LvG than Januzaj you'd presume because he was more talented, but heres the real kicker, Depay also had a shit attitutde by all accounts last season, needing to have a couple coverstations with Giggs on the requirements of being a United player, so it's a case of prefference by LvG at the end of the day.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Never said otherwise, but the point the poster was making was Depay got more game time under LvG than Januzaj you'd presume because he was more talented, and Depay also had a shit attitutde by all accounts last season and had to have a couple coverstations with Giggs on the requirements of being a United player, so it's a case of prefference by LvG at the end of the day.
Januzaj wasn't here last season mostly, hence why Depay got more game time. By the time Januzaj had come back from loan, all we heard were stories about him and Pereira messing about during reserve matches, trying to score goals from corners. Of course he wasn't going to get game time.
And if I remember correctly Depay reached out to Giggs to ask him for advice because he was low on confidence and struggling he wanted to speak to someone with experience playing on the left wing. I think that's admirable.

dichinero

He got the early success to his head. Last season he insisted on being loaned to Dortmund as if other clubs were below 'his level'.
What is this? He showed the great talent he was in his debut season and backed him self to compete at the highest level. I don't see what is wrong in that. If he didn't, the same people will say he is not ambitious but just wants to sit on the bench or with the reserves and pick up his wages. Hindsight, such a beautiful thing eh?

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Januzaj wasn't here last season mostly, hence why Depay got more game time. By the time Januzaj had come back from loan, all we heard were stories about him and Pereira messing about during reserve matches, trying to score goals from corners. Of course he wasn't going to get game time.
And if I remember correctly Depay reached out to Giggs to ask him for advice because he was low on confidence and struggling he wanted to speak to someone with experience playing on the left wing. I think that's admirable.
Depay was bollocked for visiting too many nightclubs and acting a bellend first and foremost, he did reach out to Giggs somewhere during the season too which is what you're thinking of, but again, it's commonly known Januzaj was shadowing Giggs and routinely asked advice btw , also Depay was also dropped from the Netherlands national team by a 2nd manager last year for his billy big bollocks attitude, not just here.
Januzaj was back after Christmas, and managed to feature in a grand total of... 1 game as sub in the last 6 months, while Depay went on to play in 45 games for us, so i'll say again, it was an LvG prefference issue.

JustAFan

You do realize you are talking about players in different positions and we had a huge injury problem in the positions McNair and Blacket played.

Thanks for the laugh though

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Depay was bollocked for visiting too many nightclubs and acting a bellend first and foremost, he did reach out to Giggs somewhere during the season too which is what you're thinking of, but again, it's commonly known Januzaj was shadowing Giggs and routinely asked advice btw , also Depay was also dropped from the Netherlands national team by a 2nd manager last year for his billy big bollocks attitude, not just here.
Januzaj was back after Christmas, and managed to feature in a grand total of... 1 game as sub in the last 6 months, while Depay went on to play in 45 games for us, so i'll say again, it was an LvG prefference issue.
Of course he didn't appear in games since he came back. In the 6 months since he left he was criticised by two other managers for the wrong attitude and in the reserve matches which LVG specifically said he expects his players to treat seriously - him and Pereira dicked about and thought it was more important to play their own games instead. It's not a matter of preference, if you don't do what the coach asks of you to do, how can you expect to play? SAF & Jose are the same way.
Januzaj needs to get his head down and get back to trying to prove himself again.

JustAFan

Or Adnan showed feck all in training

CG1010

What is this? He showed the great talent he was in his debut season and backed him self to compete at the highest level. I don't see what is wrong in that. If he didn't, the same people will say he is not ambitious but just wants to sit on the bench or with the reserves and pick up his wages. Hindsight, such a beautiful thing eh?
Or the third option of going on a loan to a smaller PL club where he would have played more often to continue his development instead of having delusions about being able to compete with established players at Dortmund.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Of course he didn't appear in games since he came back. In the 6 months since he left he was criticised by two other managers for the wrong attitude and in the reserve matches which LVG specifically said he expects his players to treat seriously - him and Pereira dicked about and thought it was more important to play their own games instead. It's not a matter of preference, if you don't do what the coach asks of you to do, how can you expect to play? SAF & Jose are the same way.
Januzaj needs to get his head down and get back to trying to prove himself again.
Did you watch the reserve games? I'd rather Pereira and Januzaj try to take the games by the scruff of the neck and dominate them, trying to show some effort and impress as they did than taking it easy like a certain 100mill player we're about to buy back did often in our youth.
So yea, LvG criticised the pair for doing too much but then again, this is from the same LvG dogmatic ideology that had a prefference for Ashley Young and similar to Di Maria, any player showing any individuality was ostracized that doesn't mean anything to me other than LvG is fecking useless and has a massive prefference for system players>talent.

I'm not saying Janzuaj doesn't need to get his head down and work hard, I agree, but thats not the point im making.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What kind of wages is he one? 80k/week? Wonder how much we'd get for him. Would like to hope above or at least around £20m
He can't be on that much. Not a chance.

As for a fee, we'll be lucky to get 10m for him if you ask me.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Did you watch the reserve games? I'd rather Pereira and Januzaj try to take the games by the scruff of the neck and dominate them, trying to show some effort and impress as they did than taking it easy like a certain 100mill player we're about to buy back did often in our youth.
So yea, LvG criticised the pair for doing too much but then again, this is from the same LvG dogmatic ideology that had a prefference for Ashley Young and similar to Di Maria, any player showing any individuality was ostracized that doesn't mean anything to me other than LvG is fecking useless and has a massive prefference for system players>talent.

I'm not saying Janzuaj doesn't need to get his head down and work hard, I agree, but thats not the point im making.
Of course I watched the reserve games, but playing in reserves is different to making the grade at the required level. James Wilson is world class at reserve level.
They didn't show some effort though thats the point that im making, they obviously felt they were too good to be playing at reserve, which is true, however it doesnt mean that they can take the mick and do what they like either, how does that look not only to the opposition players but to your own team mates? It's immature & arrogant.
It wasn't a case of LVG being too pragmatic, it was Janzuaj and Pereira being too immature. Since then we've seen Pereira given a chance under Jose and playing well, and Januzaj still struggling.

sugar_kane

Think about that for a minute if you will
I see what you're implying (he's barely played therefore he must be shite) but you're being somewhat reductive here.

After a very promising season under Moyes he did struggle (as young players often do following there breakthrough) and was barely given another chance under the insane tyrant that took over.

In his second season he was shipped out to Dortmund. By all accounts this was his choice but the club shouldn't have allowed it to happen.

It feels like the last two years of his career have been scuppered by circumstance.

The whole 'attitude' thing is overplayed as well - this came from one comment from Tuchel. We never heard anything about this the two seasons prior, only positive things.

I guess given the amount of players that Van Gaal shipped out needlessly who could have served a purpose (Welbeck, Hernandez, Rafael) it seems a little bit sad to get rid of another when we're hardly well stocked in the winger department.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm not joking but some of the opinions on here sound all too familiar to when Pogba was leaving. The guy we are now paying £100m to bring back.

I'm not saying he's ever going to be worth that, but in my eyes Januzaj is extremely talented and to let him go is madness. I watched him, Ravel and Pogba coming through and Adnan is in the same bracket when it comes to talent. So much for giving youth a chance.

sugar_kane

I don't see how Memphis has shown any particular mental strength in the past season? Quite the opposite in fact.

I'm not saying I personally think he's brilliant or that he doesn't need to improve, all I'm saying is I find it bizarre how quickly we've gone from people wanking themselves silly over him, talking about turning down multi-million pound bids from PSG, to basically saying they don't give a shit if he leaves.

Between these two extremes he's barely played. So what has actually changed? I'm somewhere in between the two opinions and on that basis I'd like to see how he does under Mourinho who has previously declared himself a fan.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Of course I watched the reserve games, but playing in reserves is different to making the grade at the required level. James Wilson is world class at reserve level.
They didn't show some effort though thats the point that im making, they obviously felt they were too good to be playing at reserve, which is true, however it doesnt mean that they can take the mick and do what they like either, how does that look not only to the opposition players but to your own team mates? It's immature & arrogant.
It wasn't a case of LVG being too pragmatic, it was Janzuaj and Pereira being too immature. Since then we've seen Pereira given a chance under Jose and playing well, and Januzaj still struggling.
No he wasnt, nowhere near. Three players were that ive seen: Januzaj, Pogba & Morrison.

pascell

I honestly don't think he'd come back if we sold him, he'd be better off moving anyway. Seems like we're keeping Young and have Mata, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Memphis and Rashford who can all play on the wing, it's overkill really for 2 positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.