Adnan Januzaj Exit Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

prath92

Which game was this? I only watched Januzaj's early games at Dortmund as I admit I lost interest once it became clear he was not succeeding there.
I think it was a Europa game where Dortmund lost 1-0. Everyone played badly that game though.

ti vu

Not gonna discuss the news. Just want to point out: in this video, most of it have him running at defenders. Very little with hold up play & full turn. Some half turn. Under LVG, his weakness really showed due to in possession football, most of the time he would have his back/ side toward the goal when receives the ball, plus space in behind is more limited. His balance is not really good compare to some other top attackers.

I don't follow him much in Dortmund so no comment.

In Rainbows

That is not what I said. I watched him in every game that he played for us of course, so about a dozen games. He was never good for us, and he showed me just how bad one performance can be.

Also, I watched quite a bit of United's games too (mainly because of Kagawa - I watched quite a bit of Utd in those two years, even if Kagawa did not play much) and I don't think that Januzaj has anything special about him.

By the way, "Lewandowski bad" does not even compare to "Januzaj bad".
If you didn't think he had something special about him at that time then let's just say you didn't really watch him. He had some superb performances that any player would be proud of. He also had some frustrating games.

He also wasn't really bad for Dortmund. I watched all of his games. He was pretty much decent in almost every one, but he had that really bad game. I believe that was his last performance. The problem was that the rest of the Dortmund players were outperforming him. They were doing pretty well. If I was a coach I would instruct him to cut down on the dribbling as I remember that being part of his time at Dortmund that didn't really come off, which brought down the outlook of his overall performance.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Was there some debate between LvG and Adnan at the time of the loan? That LvG did not think it was the best one for him. He was never going to get much game time there and maybe needed to set his sights a bit lower.

In Rainbows

Was there some debate between LvG and Adnan at the time of the loan? That LvG did not think it was the best one for him. He was never going to get much game time there and maybe needed to set his sights a bit lower.
Yeah, but he probably thought it was the right move because he believed Dortmund's style of play would help him develop over another club that would play worse football. I understood why he chose Dortmund.

prath92

Apparently LvG and United wanted him to goto an English club (reportedly Sunderland mainly because advocaat and LvG were friends). But he wanted to goto Dortmund when the offer came. I suppose the club may have thought he was motivated to work hard to get at least frequent sub appearances.
Plus he got #9 at Dortmund which kind of indicated we wanted (or rather Dortmund intended) him to play there as a striker at first (which was also in line with what LvG tried in preseason) and save aubameyang not a lot of strikers were there for competition so we thought he would get sub appearances there too.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If we do sell him then we should really insert a buy-back clause. It's not like we get great prices for the players we sell anyway

sunama

Baghdad Bob
By the way - Januzaj has shown me the worst performance of any player I've ever seen so far in my life. His performance in one of his games was so appalling, I've never seen anything like it before. No player I have ever watched put in a performance as bad as he did on that day. I seriously don't understand why some people rate this kid.
Which game was this?

red_devil83

I hope we've learnt after Pogba that any player with potential and under the age of 23 who leaves should have a buy back clause, no discussion.

prath92

I hope we've learnt after Pogba that any player with potential and under the age of 23 who leaves should have a buy back clause, no discussion.
We couldn't do anything then even if we wanted to. He moved as a free agent

Mainoldo

Two years ago Sterling was really good too (Better than Januzaj). Would you guys want him here now?

Gerald G

He might and probably will improve but he's regressed since his first season. However, I still prefer that he goes on loan instead of leaving on a permanent deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave permanently though.

wiz4231

To be fair the thought of Lingard in the team ahead of Januzaj makes me sick and probably he does too, it would make me want to leave as well

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't want a loan to another foreign country where he doesn't know the language and needs time to settle.
A loan to Sunderland is the best option imo, or a sale with a buy back clause.

ti vu

I don't want a loan to another foreign country where he doesn't know the language and needs time to settle.
A loan to Sunderland is the best option imo, or a sale with a buy back clause.
The problem in loan may arise from Adnan himself want to choose his destination, which he seems to prefer high profile team than the like of Sunderland. If the report is true, the best would be sale with buy back clause so he can be fully committed in his development. 1+1=2 assumption from Tuchel's comment on his head was in Manchester and this news indicates the guy needs to focus on 1 goal at the time thus a loan sounds less than ideal.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
We won't. He's massively overrated because he was one of the only positives during the disastrous Moyes tenure. He's been shite since then.
Time will tell mate. This will either end up in regret or we will have a gem of a player on our hands. I have no seen a better youth product from Man United in my (short) span of supporting the team.

In Rainbows

BTW, anyone on here have a full rip of the 2013 u21 final between United and Spurs? I know it's a pretty odd request, but I remember both Adnan and Kane doing well in that match.

OohAahMartial

Seems like the new Mads Timm. I was a big fan of his back then and he had great skill and was too good for the U21s but he couldn't make the step up and had a serious attitude/behaviour problem. It taught me that you can't just go by what you see in games, the coaches see and hear the bigger picture and if they're not picking him, despite great skill, then it may well suggest a problem with the mentality of the player instead. Enough coaches/managers haven't backed him now so I'm sure they know something we don't. Wouldn't be surprised if he was sold, or allowed to leave - suspect he's pretty unsatisfied wherever he is.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Are we genuinely going to let Januzaj go? I've not been able to read any footy news for the last few days but this is what people seem to be saying.

Gutted if true. My one big hope for this season was that he's recapture his form on the pitch and make more progress. He's a very talented player, it's not often the club can't make something out of these types of players. The influx of big money signings isn't helping their case.

Ole90+3

Another talented youngster bites the dust by the looks of it.

What a shame. Happens far too often, but yet another example that shows the most important thing in making it at the top of any professional sport is having the right mentality and work rate.

I remember getting excited when Giggs and pretty much all of the previous players who had trained with Adnan or had even seen him play all mentioning how talented the kid was.

It's no coincidence that his Dortmund loan was a disaster, he was out of the squad for large periods of time with Van Gaal and now looks out of favour with Mourinho.

Jacko21

I fear Januzaj may be a victim of 'too much too soon'.

He was one of a handful of youngsters to get a huge salary bump (£40k+) prior to United introducing a much more performance related salary for the youth players - which is what Rashford and Borthwick-Jackson have received.

I wonder whether he still has the burning ambition to succeed at Manchester United. His loan spell at Dortmund was a disaster - they clearly felt he was a player with talent but who'd been mollycoddled at United.

It's a question of character for Januzaj.

stevoc

Very cheeky :lol:

Think we should sell him if the article is true.

If he thinks he's too good to go on loan, then that's precisely the attitude problem people talk about and why he won't forge a career here.
He was on loan last season.

stevoc

Not sure he wanted to be there though. That he felt he should be at United. The manager obviously felt otherwise, so he should have gone all out to impress both Tuchel and LvG.
All or none of that may be the case mate we will never know.

But the fact remains he obviously doesn't think he's too good to go out on loan if he agreed to a loan last season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I definitely agree that should we sell, we really ought to impose a buy-back clause. Barcelona and Madrid do it a lot, and well. Liverpool have started to do it too, I think. Hopefully Mourinho has learned from KDB (and to a lesser extent) Lukaku.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If we don't sell Fellaini this summer, his value will plummet cause I doubt we would offer him a new deal.
Moyes, as daft as it sounds, might just be the manager Januzaj leaves.
Think this applies here as well.
A sale to Sunderland with a buy back clause is the best route. Playing under a manger he know well is exactly what he needs imo. I also think he needs to stay in the country. He knows he league, knows the language, knows he manager.
Going to a completely new environment could be a disaster for a player severally low on confidence.
A loan also puts the risk that Sunderland might not give a feck about his development. Sunderland have to see it, that it's in their best interest that he develops. If we sell without an option, then something is wrong at the club.

finneh

I definitely agree that should we sell, we really ought to impose a buy-back clause. Barcelona and Madrid do it a lot, and well. Liverpool have started to do it too, I think. Hopefully Mourinho has learned from KDB (and to a lesser extent) Lukaku.
Agreed. A buy back clause and first refusal at around £20-25m would mean the sale would have very little risk.

JoaquinJoaquin

Seems like the new Mads Timm. I was a big fan of his back then and he had great skill and was too good for the U21s but he couldn't make the step up and had a serious attitude/behaviour problem. It taught me that you can't just go by what you see in games, the coaches see and hear the bigger picture and if they're not picking him, despite great skill, then it may well suggest a problem with the mentality of the player instead. Enough coaches/managers haven't backed him now so I'm sure they know something we don't. Wouldn't be surprised if he was sold, or allowed to leave - suspect he's pretty unsatisfied wherever he is.
Januzaj was \ is a much better player then Mads Timm ever turned out to be. Januzaj needs a Premier League loan to rectify his career at this club though. Sunderland under Moyes would be a good move for him IMO.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
What makes you think that?

Are there quotes from someone to confirm this?
Of course not, but this forum is magical in its ability to repeat the same thing over and over again until it's becomes its own truth on here.

However, I dont see anything wrong with him wanting to leave if he's not part of our plans here. Wtf else is he supposed to do?

Such a shame... Should be here ahead of Depay or Lingard. Would be a good opportunity for minutes in Europa and understudy Miki.

stevoc

Of course not, but this forum is magical in its ability to repeat the same thing over and over again until it's becomes its own truth on here.

However, I dont see anything wrong with him wanting to leave if he's not part of our plans here. Wtf else is he supposed to do?

Such a shame... Should be here ahead of Depay or Lingard. Would be a good opportunity for minutes in Europa and understudy Miki.

Definitely mate it's becoming a real trend on here in many a thread these days.

3KDré

It happens. I am not too fussed to be honest, not many make the cut and if he doesn't so be it.

ghagua

Not sure what the feck he is doing in training that he could not get more than 1 appearance in the pre-season. Looks like his United career may be coming to an end, same way as it did for Macheda. He has the skills to make it at United, but it seems he is lacking football IQ. I hope United do put in a buy back clause, or a hefty sell on fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.