Adnan Januzaj - Real Sociedad player

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Santos J, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Nov 29, 2018

Stacks Full Member

would love him back just because he has that guile, dribbling and creativity. He a bit like Mata. would be a bad fit currently but maybe under the next manager, one who tells him where to be on the pitch at each phase and encourages him to keep attacking the FB
  2. Dec 23, 2018

Jibbs New Member

Bring Januzaj back... He was best player of our youth team along with Pogba, they both played well together. We need a left footed right winger. With the new found positivity under OGS, i really think adnan can thrive. Bring him back!
  3. Dec 23, 2018

Kevin_ New Member

No thank you, would definitely consider bringing Memphis back though.
  4. Dec 23, 2018

sugar_kane Full Member

Would love to see Adnan back, he was never given a proper chance by LVG.

In fact, he’s a fairly good example of why all the LVG apologists are full of shit.
  5. Dec 23, 2018

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Yeah, let us sign a player that's doesn't even stand out for Real Sociedad.
  6. Jan 5, 2019

kidbob Full Member

I wouldn't buy him back right now but I do wish he was here. He'd be a starter on the right. We'd still probably be looking to upgrade this Summer but at the moment it was a mistake letting him go without a RW ready to take his place. His performances for RS have outshone nearly all our right side players this year.
  7. Jan 5, 2019

shamans Hoser

It's only a matter of time. Been saying it for years. Eventually he's going to be world class playing for one of Europe's top teams.
  8. Jan 5, 2019
    A matter of time until what? He’s been injured this season mainly but even in the games he’s played his stats are poor.
  9. Jan 5, 2019

Sparky_Hughes Donkey Buggering Tyrant who cheats at Monopoly

But then you also thought Rooney would come good right until the end mate.......
  10. Jan 5, 2019

shamans Hoser

I'm not Nostradamus. Many people think many stuff. They don't all turn out to be right but of course since I was wrong about Rooney must all be wrong!
  11. Jan 5, 2019

fellaini's barber New Member

Wait, has he done anything to warrant all the 'bring him back' posts or its just the usual caf obsession with our youth players?
  12. Jan 5, 2019

youmeletsfly Full Member

He's doing decent right now, decent enough to start for Everton or Leicester, but nothing more.
  13. Jan 5, 2019

Devil81 Full Member

Please please don't ever bring that lad back, I've honestly never seen a player with a poorer attitude on the field. There were games where he strolled around arms in sleeves like a cold kid on a Sunday mornings football team.

He didn't have the correct attitude no way.
  14. Jan 5, 2019

Amar__ Incredibly Nasty Man

Supports:
    MK Dons
    :lol:
  15. Jan 5, 2019

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Can I ask what is is you see? He is a skilful player technically but his work rate and attitude simply isn’t good enough.
  16. Jan 5, 2019

FrantikChicken Full Member

What exactly do the 2 have to do with each other? I was all for getting rid of Van Gaal and I've never thought Januzaj had it in him to be at Man Utd after his first season.

I mean how is this guy even being talked about still? He's done absolutely nothing of note in his career since that first season, yet some people think he'd be good enough to play for us? Where's the logic
  17. Jan 5, 2019

lsd Full Member

I get the feeling sorry posters here won't be happy till we bring back Ravel Morrison and Adnan even though they are nowhere near good enough and their attitudes completely suck
    What's next Madds Timm ?
  18. Jan 6, 2019

L1nk Full Member

Alot won't be happy till we've got a Scott McTominay in every position, "doing a job"
  19. Jan 6, 2019

lsd Full Member

Doing a job is better than not doing a job though .
  20. Jan 6, 2019

noodlehair "It's like..."

I wouldn't want him back until after David Bellion has been given a fair chance.
  21. Jan 6, 2019

Sassy Colin Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    And Memphis
  22. Jan 6, 2019

In Rainbows Full Member

Ahhh yes, better than what Adnan showed in his first season huh?
  23. Jan 6, 2019

Bellion can get in line behind manucho and Eric nevland
  24. Jan 6, 2019

Jeppers7 Full Member

Some people are mentioning players who did nothing. It should be remembered that as a teenager, januzaj played with some great players at united, maybe past their peak but great players, against premier league teams and at times looked a level above anyone else on the pitch. He has that special ability and has shown it at the highest level. So to mention him alongside Bellion and others is to completely ignore the talent he showed at times. Not many teenagers do that at united.
  25. Jan 6, 2019

Shown it at the top level....... About 4 times.
  26. Jan 6, 2019

In Rainbows Full Member

Nope

BTW, here is Januzaj who is crap. Player of the month in November. Some of you are desperate to discredit Januzaj. I have no idea why. It's possible to still not want him at United and recognize that he's doing fine.

27. Jan 6, 2019

To be honest I'm basing that on his time at utd, no idea how he's done since.
  28. Jan 6, 2019

FootyGirl88

It's true the cafe loves that word I swear :lol:
  29. Jan 6, 2019

Ducklegs Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Had his chance and threw it away with his abysmal attitude and lazy play.
  30. Jan 6, 2019

sugar_kane Full Member

Had nine starts under Van Gaal in two seasons... people were losing their shit about it at the time given how he was one of our star performers in the Moyes season.

He was then given zero starts by Mourinho before being flogged to La Liga.

A lot of his bad attitude rep comes from his time at Dortmund when he was accused of having his mind elsewhere ie. United.

The loan to Dortmund was a stupid idea and Sunderland wasn’t particularly great for him either given they were battling relegation.

Felt like he was never given a fair crack at it under either of our last two managers, one who was bat shit crazy and the other who never gives youth a chance.

Real Sociedad seems like the first
    time in a while he’s been somewhere where he can develop and get plenty of game time. Hope he does well there.
  31. Jan 6, 2019

meamth Full Member

Exactly. Spot on mate.

Wonder what Januzaj can do with "shackles off" United. LVG wanted mindless possession, Mourinho wanted a cautious and pragmatic team.

Januzaj would thrive with this United, beating man 1 v 1, delivering early crosses was his special qualities.
  32. Jan 6, 2019

Jeppers7 Full Member

He had plenty of games at united where he was good enough, any teenager having even 4 games where he was a level above the rest of the pitch is outstanding. I can't think of any game where he looked out of his depth here. He might have been poor in some games but wasn't alone in that.

Seems like you have a personal dislike that you can't let go of
  33. Jan 6, 2019

marktan Full Member

Not true at all - watch his performance vs Atletico Madrid last season. He's been very good for Sociedad.
  34. Jan 6, 2019

Kostur Full Member

Nah, not really, he was sent to a doghouse here alongside Pereira because they were apparently trying to score directly from corners against some team in the reserves, which pissed off quite many people, LVG included. Right, so Dortmund was not a good fit because why exactly? They were always keen on playing young players, done incredibly well in developing them, if he didn't want to be there then why did he go there in the first place? Then Sunderland not a good fit either because they were relegation fodder. Well, in this case you've got a whole lot of possibilities to be a superstar there, drag the team, make a history for yourself.

LVG was giving a chance to any youth player here, make it be Rashford or Lingard who stuck around or mediocre players like Paddy McNair or Blackett. To be fair he's even had an upper hand compared with Rashford as he was already known here by his Moyes season. If you want to complain that Mourinho was never giving the youth a chance, then you've got the polar opposite in LVG under whom a 12 year old could get a chance, yet he never managed to actually cut it under him too.

There's a trend here. Everybody's fault but Januzaj's. He was given numerous chances at numerous places but it was him who has never taken one. I wish him all the best as I hold no grudge against him, liked him as a player but let's not rewrite the history. Him not making it here was his own making.
  35. Jan 6, 2019

I have no dislike of him, I can just see from a mile away he's not good enough for utd.
  36. Jan 6, 2019

Chap, it's hard enough to find time to watch my team never mind two teams I don't care about in a league I'm not interested in :)
  37. Jan 6, 2019

RooneyLegend Full Member

He's a huge talent, just needs time to mature.
  38. Jan 6, 2019

Florida Man Cartoon expert and crap superhero

I’d personally like to see how he manages himself in our squad now.
  39. Jan 6, 2019

fellaini's barber New Member

Watched him for 45 mins today. Sociedad are horrendous, and he looks like he's right at his level
  40. Jan 6, 2019

::sonny:: Full Member

Atrocious