Adnan Januzaj - Real Sociedad player

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Santos J, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Jan 6, 2019

Javi Full Member

You must be lost for words describing teams like Huesca if Sociedad were «horrendous» today.
  2. Jan 6, 2019

limerickcitykid There once was a kid from Toronto...

Mate my pub league team would beat Real Madrid 10-0, easy. A measly 2-0 win for Sociedad today, amateurs.
  3. Jan 6, 2019

Sassy Colin Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    Another 5 years?
  4. Jan 6, 2019

Dirty Schwein Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album

If we were going to bring back one player that we previously let go, this guy would be far down the list.
  5. Jan 6, 2019

Devil81 Full Member

Can't help but laugh at the support for Januzaj, his attitude was shameful at United especially given the boy wonder status he earnt himself.

He's also done nothing of note since, I don't hear of any other big club considering him as an option so why would we.
  6. Jan 6, 2019

golden_blunder Site admin. Manchester United fan Staff

He has done wonders for the transfer forum threads tbf
  7. Jan 6, 2019

mariachi-19 Full Member

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
    Sorry, but all you’ve done is confirm people’s opinion in your post that he has a shit mentality. He is professional footballer and a talented one at that. He should be professional enough to focus on the job he’s been tasked with.
  8. Jan 6, 2019

vodrake Full Member

If he wasnt an ex United youth player nobody here would be even talking about him as an option.

Maybe one day he'll step up and match the hype that he gets from some on here, but nothing he's done in almost 5 years indicates he will
  9. Jan 6, 2019

kidbob Full Member

Just to qualify my post, I don't think he's a top player but he would be a lot more useful a squad player than the likes of Mata simply because he can play on the right and beat a full back off the dribble. Like I said I wouldn't be scrambling to buy him back but just think we'd have been better off keeping him rather than some other players. He'd in all honesty be our best option on the right at the moment but we'd still need to upgrade that position most likely. It's just weird for a top club to have such a deficiency in a particular position.
  10. Jan 6, 2019

fellaini's barber New Member

Mate Sociedad scored a penalty in the first minute and the rest of the match they did absolutely nothing,nothing. Like the rare occassion they got the ball to the final 3rd it looked like they didn't have a clue what to do. Then Madrid must have had 90% of the ball but were not creating much,only person who was remotely like a threat for Madrid was Vinicius. I turned it off at half time because Madrid didn't look close to scoring while Sociedad was just plain shite, just awful and they were putting me to sleep. If they somehow survived then nicked a second goal good for them but can't make me change my stance on them 1 bit.
  11. Jan 6, 2019

They were horrendous, Valencia who are same points with them are equally terrible. If I couldn't watch a game between Sociedad and Madrid I doubt I'd be able to watch the likes of Huesca for two minutes. This is the first weekend in years I decided to watch all the La Liga matches and the only game I could force myself to watch till the end was the Athletico vs Sevilla game
  12. Jan 6, 2019

Hugh Jass Full Member

I will have to take posters word on it. Just goes to show that having enormous talent means nothing if you dont work hard.
  13. Jan 6, 2019

kidbob Full Member

And how is Adnan meant to change that? I understand what you are saying but crucifying one player because his team is shit against one of the top teams in the World is crazy. Newsflash, Ronaldo and Messi wouldn't be half as effective playig for West Brom and the likes. Janujaz has been their best player this year and he has actually showed a great attitude in tracking back and general demeanour. The point is that he can play on the right, he was one of our own and neither Mata or Sanchez have provided anything from the right that he couldn't currently, all the while he is relatively young and they are reaching the end of their careers. He wouldn't be a starter probably but he'd have provided a better squad option if he was kept than what we have currently. SAF built his sides with the likes of O'Shea, Brown, Fortune etc. Not every player was a wonderkid or anything like that. We'd be in a better position if we had sold Mata, never signed Sanchez and just kept Adnan. At the very least a much better position financially.
  14. Jan 6, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    When you say this year do you mean all 6 days of it or this season? Because he’s certainly not been the latter.
  15. Jan 6, 2019

kidbob Full Member

6 days of what? I don't understand the question.
  16. Jan 6, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    You said he’d been their best player this year, but he’s only started 6 times this season. Plus that accolade is much more likely Oyarzabal’s.
  17. Jan 6, 2019

kidbob Full Member

Ah I see. Obviously he has had his injury problems but when I've watched him he has been their most impressive IMO. Also they are struggling hard so it's hard for an attacking player to shine. I think he has lost the attitude problems and one of the most impressive things is how he works hard for the team. Again I wouldn't sign him but I now wish we had kept him because we are so light in that position. It's all speculation now though. I hope he does well and think that he can someday make the step up to a CL club and be a good player. He definitely has the talent to do so.
  18. Jan 6, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    I agree he seems seems a bit more grown up now, even looks wise. Yeah, I’m probably with you on about we should have kept him, certainly would be a nice option to still have - mind you, he could have ended up being our Walcott. We shall see, I’m still unconvinced he has shown enough consistency for any CL club to take the punt, but his talent has never been in doubt at that level.
  19. Jan 7, 2019

Didn't say he was supposed to change anything, I didn't expect him to. He looked right at his level in a shite team and stilllooks as average as he's looked since the last times I saw him play for us 5 years ago. Every player ever who was bought by a big club from a shit club was bought because they stood out, it's kind of the only requirement. I don't know what's with the Ronaldo and Messi point, it's frigging Adnan who I wasn't even sure where he was playing before yesterday we're talking about. Wasn't even good enough for Dortmund. Or the SAF point, he's retired. Because he won stuff with average players doesn't make it a managerial requirment for us or that all our managers should do it.

We're already stacked average players and you're suggesting we bring in more for all sort of weird reasons not concerning their actual football ability. And your last point about 'being in a better position' is :lol:. Where would we be if we had Januzaj and some other average youth players instead of Sanchez and Mata then? Better position financiallyly ffs, still not football related, what are you the club accountant? Why would a fan be moaning about the world's biggest club actually spending money on players? If all you want is the club to play average players everywhere because they're youth players then just keep rewatching that LVG season, you must have loved it.
  20. Jan 7, 2019

khoazany Full Member

Tbf if he continues to impress for Sociedad and we have a permanent manager that focus on building a squad instead of short-term fixes I can see him being resigned for a squad role. The likes of Barca did it all the time with their former youth players. Right now we don't have any senior right winger that actually do something on the right wing.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  21. Jan 7, 2019

Loublaze ATLien

No, just no! Might as well bring Memphis Depay back
  22. Jan 7, 2019

meamth Full Member

Depay is a rapper now. Would rather have Januzaj.
  23. Jan 7, 2019

Loublaze ATLien

I don't want either. They failed at a big club and have found their level.
  24. Jan 7, 2019

moodyred Full Member

Januzaj is too soft for English football. Easily gets muscled out.
  25. Jan 7, 2019

prath92 Full Member

Depay is doing much better than januzaj.
  26. Jan 7, 2019

mu4c_20le Full Member

Depay plays for a big team in a shite league. Januzaj plays for a shit team in a big league.
  27. Jan 7, 2019

ChaddyP Full Member

Depay is streets better than Januzaj and much more professional at his job even with having the audacity of have a hobby making music.
  28. Jan 7, 2019

How does this make one better than the other?
  29. Jan 7, 2019

Still better than full time footballer Januzaj
  30. Jan 7, 2019

prath92 Full Member

What’s the relevance of that? So by that logic soceidad players are better than Mbappe?
  31. Jan 7, 2019

khoazany Full Member

We don't really need another left forward.
  32. Jan 7, 2019

Sassy Colin Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    What kind of logic is that? :houllier:
  33. Jan 7, 2019

prath92 Full Member

Mbappe plays for a big club in a shit league
    Januzaj plays for a shit club in a big league
  34. Jan 7, 2019

mu4c_20le Full Member

How is Depay definitively better than Januzaj, when they play at completely different environments? What about the fact that Depay, an established international who had at least 3 full seasons of first team experience when he arrived, failed horribly in England while Januzaj was coming up from the academy and reserves, had a much better season? If you mean overall talent then perhaps, but if we are talking about bringing either one back, I think I"d prefer the one who has actually enjoyed some success here in the PL where it matters.
  35. Jan 7, 2019

Welsh Wonder A dribbling mess on the sauce

36. Nov 8, 2019

shamans Hoser

1:06 -- Good assist for the winner. He's currently playing at a higher level than Man United believe it or not...
  37. Nov 8, 2019

AltiUn likes playing with swords after fantasies

Well, when he’s not on the bench he is.
  38. Nov 8, 2019

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    He's mostly been on the bench lately. Not because he's been terrible, just others like Portu have been better (Oryazabal is an automatic pick as the other wide forward).

Yes very nice assist v Granada. Could be enough to get a start tonight at home to Leganes who are bottom.
  39. Nov 8, 2019

shamans Hoser

You were right :)
  40. Nov 8, 2019

Champagne Football Full Member

He reminds me of Aiden McGeady. One moment of insane genius every 10 games, but mostly invisible for the rest of time spent on the pitch for the rest of those 10 games.