Adnan Januzaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulli_G

Humbleness and avoidance of the limelight are now attributes I readily associate with Ronaldo. But they are good characteristics to have.
i meant in the general sense to follow ronaldo's achievement but Januzaj is his own man and the qualities you mention are bonus extras, with the addition of possible greater loyalty because we gave him his chance (and he's not iberian/brazilian)

Adebesi

i meant in the general sense to follow ronaldo's achievement but Januzaj is his own man and the qualities you mention are bonus extras, with the addition of possible greater loyalty because we gave him his chance (and he's not iberian/brazilian)
It's true, Iberians are an ungrateful, disloyal bunch.

In all seriousness, I agree Januzaj has great attributes on paper, I hope he makes the most of them.

Nathan

i think we should limit the amount of pressure we place on this young lads shoulders. My view is that he be given sufficient game time to showcase his natural talent. I am concerned that we hype him up to the levels of Macheda and we all know that he hasnt reached the levels.

gulli_G

i think we should limit the amount of pressure we place on this young lads shoulders. My view is that he be given sufficient game time to showcase his natural talent. I am concerned that we hype him up to the levels of Macheda and we all know that he hasnt reached the levels.
hopefully Moyes takes Fergie's advice regarding that, as he was ecellent at introducing youngsters, more recently, Wes, Fletcher, Rafael etc., knowing when to shield them away and when to give them starts.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Changed the game when he came on. Needs to start most games, which is amazing for him but a bit worrying for us. Meh, we have an amazing player here.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
What impressed me the most about him today, was that he kept taking knock after knock from the dirty stoke cnuts, but he just kept getting straight back on his feet and kept taking them on.

If he can play against Stoke, then he can play against any team in the world IMO with regards to the physical side of the game.

Ekeke

He's our most eager player to take opponents on and make something happen. Another very positive performance

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
The Stoke players had no choice but to foul him all the time. They just couldn't get the ball off him cleanly. Really impressive stuff from the lad and I'm very excited about the player he could potentially become here.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
He absolutely changed the game when he came on. We looked pretty toothless and devoid of ideas until that point but his movement and willingness to run gave us a fantastic outlet down that side. His inventiveness was a factor too for example, when he played that ball between two defenders marking him for Cleverley to have some space for a (shit) cross. He's also such a strong lad for a fairly spindly looking fella, held off some of Stoke's thugs time and time again. I was also really surprised when he smashed that ball crossfield to Evra, i didn't know he had that in him!

His introduction into the game just seemed to up our tempo and i really can't see any reason why he shouldn't be starting every game possible for us.

Mad Winger

He's our best dribbler by far. His delivery is also pretty impressive for an 18 year old. He should start every game from now on. It doesn't matter which side he plays on, as long as he starts.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Love him. Should start with Kagawa on the wings IMO. None of the other wingers are performing, and they have potential for some fantastic interchanging.

He sure played his part in us getting that win. There was positivity in everything he did around the box. I'm impressed he handled the rough treatment from Stoke so well. They obviously thought he would be susceptible to that.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Plays with so much more urgency and purpose than Kagawa.

Ainu

Changed the game when he came on. Needs to start most games, which is amazing for him but a bit worrying for us. Meh, we have an amazing player here.
I remember a few years ago when people thought it was worrying we needed oldies like Scholes and Giggs to rescue us. I prefer it like this, at least Januzaj's the future and he can only get better with experience.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Can we mould him into a centre-midfielder? Lovely left foot he has, really can pick a pass out too. Seems to know what he's going to do with the ball before he gets it.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Eventually I want him central because unlike some he's always making himself available and he's offers so much going on either side.

Genius Me!

The commentator on setanta was pissing me off. He kept saying "I don't know why Moyes has brought on a like for like and put him on the right, he should put him on the left"

I just kept thinking, you clueless fecking twat.

Genius Me!

Can we mould him into a centre-midfielder? Lovely left foot he has, really can pick a pass out too. Seems to know what he's going to do with the ball before he gets it.
No! He needs to play the number 10 role.

Danish Wizard

Remeber that he is still a young player, so he can't and shouldn't start every game. Even if he, at the moment, maybe is one of our very best players.. We have to take care of him, and he needs a break sometimes.

Revan

Assumptionman
Again gave a very good performance. He'll be our main player in 2-3 years.

Bebe

The commentator on setanta was pissing me off. He kept saying "I don't know why Moyes has brought on a like for like and put him on the right, he should put him on the left"

I just kept thinking, you clueless fecking twat.
NBC was on the same thread, annoyed me no end. Apparently kagawa should have gone off because players on the wing aren't allowed to drift centrally, and we had no width. Not only was it stupid, but also disrespectful to evra who apparently doesn't exist.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Remeber that he is still a young player, so he can't and shouldn't start every game. Even if he, at the moment, maybe is one of our very best players.. We have to take care of him, and he needs a break sometimes.
Tbf, you're right there, don't want a young lad run into the ground and an early/bad end to his career, like Owen.

Sylar

Having Valencia helped him when he was double teamed. Valencia was doing what Smalling wasnt on the overlap which meant it wasnt quite 2on1 every time. Still think, he will be better for us on the left with Evra overlapping. Hes very positive, but more so, his use of the ball is so mature.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I understand the need for caution but Giggs started young as did Messi and Ronaldo played a fair bit. The fact he Adnan is a better player right now then certain established players who should seek extra coaching. It's great for the club and a reminder that we have talent in our youth players

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Might have something to do about his style being a gazillion times more suited to the wing...

Where you play on the pitch shouldn't make any difference to your approach to the game. Rooney, Giggs, Jones etc. don't play any differently despite

Januzaj is clearly just more ballsy and confident, and when the team's not at its best we need characters like that. Januzaj showed the ability to win games on his own when we're not playing well against Sunderland and he's shown the ability to improve the team's play when today. So far it seems like Kagawa is someone who can knit things together when the team's playing well but he's helpless when we're struggling. That's not a United player.

Mad Winger

Januzaj is clearly just more ballsy and confident, and when the team's not at its best we need characters like that. Januzaj showed the ability to win games on his own when we're not playing well against Sunderland and he's shown the ability to improve the team's play when today. So far it seems like Kagawa is someone who can knit things together when the team's playing well but he's helpless when we're struggling. That's not a United player.
Well, I pretty much disagree with this entire post. But this is the Januzaj thread, so don't want to go off topic.

I'll just end it by saying that Kagawa would do a much better job than Januzaj in the no.10 role. Januzaj is a more promising and arguably better winger. Kagawa is a better no.10. Both players are the future for our club. We need to play them both.

Genius Me!

Well, I pretty much disagree with this entire post. But this is the Januzaj thread, so don't want to go off topic.

I'll just end it by saying that Kagawa would do a much better job than Januzaj in the no.10 role. Januzaj is a more promising and arguably better winger. Kagawa is a better no.10. Both players are the future for our club. We need to play them both.
I disagree with that, Januzaj will be absolutely incredible as a number 10 for us. Although I'd love to see a formation with a striker up top and then Januzaj and Kagawa both playing behind sharing the number 10 role if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.