Adnan Januzaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He had some poor moments in the first half but he was the single threat we possessed in that second half. Very close to saving the blushes.

Impressed overall.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
He shouldn't play on the left because it is unfair to expect him to clean up Evra's shite and be an attacking threat. Him and Rafael on the right will make beautiful things happen.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He shouldn't play on the left because it is unfair to expect him to clean up Evra's shite and be an attacking threat. Him and Rafael on the right will make beautiful things happen.
They really could if given the chance.

Booked again for diving today though. 3 yellows for diving in about 4 months, he needs to cut that crap out.

ArmchairCritic

They really could if given the chance.

Booked again for diving today though. 3 yellows for diving in about 4 months, he needs to cut that crap out.

Wasn't a dive today IMO. He's definitely got a rep though because Rooney and Snodgrass have done similar in the last few matches and no one has said shit.

lysglimt

Scout
He was that bad IMO. In fact the 2 Spurs counters that led to goals came from moves that broke down from a poor cross and a poor layoff. The second half showed that he is United's best winger.
Agreed!

Best player in the second half - worst in the first half. He made all the wrong decisions before the break - and every time he tried a final ball, they were hopeless. Much better after the break when he started doing the right things.

ArmchairCritic

He was that bad IMO. In fact the 2 Spurs counters that led to goals came from moves that broke down from a poor cross and a poor layoff. The second half showed that he is United's best winger.

Poor layoff was Kagawa I'm certain.

ArmchairCritic

Lay off was definitely Kagawa. Hardly something to blame him for anyway, attacking players are supposed to take risks in attacking positions. We overcomitted and the defending was awful.

Goal was completely on Valencia, I saw it coming a mile off and he completely switched off even after looking at Eriksen behind a few seconds before FFS.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
He basically led the side and took responsibility of the ball when others were shying away from it. He's a superstar.

Backrow Singer

He is 18 years of age though. People will have opinions on his performance and that won't change, but along with Rooney he is the only one who showed the courage and the bravery to take the ball and attempt to influence the game. He takes some stick at times, but he takes the ball time and time and looks to attack and make things happen. I've said it before, but forget about his ability and his technique for a second: for a lad of 18 years of age to have that level of confidence, courage, bravery and belief in his own ability is nothing short of outstanding for me. He made a few poor calls at times but he didn't go into his shell. He didn't shy away from anything or look to others. He has a huge amount of responsibility on his shoulders and has coped brilliantly in my opinion.

It's that attitude that will take him along way in this game.

The Neviller

Beckham probably wanted it for the branding opportunity. Ronaldo has always been very press savvy with United fans too.

Personally, it seems strange that a shirt number would drive a player on. If anything it seems more of a burden of late, let Adnan and whoever else comes in choose their own number and make their own history.
I've never played for Manchester United, but I know when I was a young lad playing for school and youth teams I always grabbed for the number 7 shirt. This was before the time of Beckham or Ronaldo but I idolised Robson and Cantona growing up and always wanted to wear the number 7 shirt. That's not even mentioning Best.

Certain numbers have significance at some clubs, 7 is a special one at United. I'd imagine anyone wearing it will know the importance of it, it's iconic at this club.

Red Stone

While I agree with the general point that he should cut out diving altogether, the yellow card he got was absolute nonsense. He didn't dive today.

The Neviller

You're wrong anyway, because the layoff wasn't from him, but even if i it was you can't blame an attacking player on a goal because they played a bad cross in when our defenders "defended" like fecking amateurs.

IhabX7

Talent wise he's above anything we've had since Ronaldo. That assist was beautiful.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The one today wasn't a dive though. Shocking decision.
Sadly it'll still be used against him, even though Webb was shite. feck the english media, promising, talented kid breaks through, has 1 dive and they all get on his back and hound him down to try and break him instead of encouraging more talented players like him. Yet you don't see them hounding the proper thugs in the game who need to get kicked out, and not the players who jump out of the way of those thugs.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Goal was completely on Valencia, I saw it coming a mile off and he completely switched off even after looking at Eriksen behind a few seconds before FFS.
Yeah, even the layoff from Kagawa at the start was given away because Valencia stopped his run randomly and made it seem like a bad pass but if he just kept running he would have gotten it. Then they break the other way and he falls asleep at the back. Basically managed to break up our attack, give them a counter attack, and then fell asleep at the vital moment gifting them a goal all in like 15-20 seconds.

MDFC Manager

I can't believe we used him so little as an outlet on the first half. He was standing free so often and yet Carrick continually chose to thump it to Valencia.

MDFC Manager

Wasn't a dive today IMO. He's definitely got a rep though because Rooney and Snodgrass have done similar in the last few matches and no one has said shit.
Oscar had a pathetic dive in the Chelsea game yesterday as well. Trying to get their keeper sent off.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Play Januzaj on the right and keep feeding him passes. That's only way we look like scoring these days so might as well try it

LR7

He's a joy to watch. When he gets on the ball you can feel the atmosphere lift in the stadium, out of excitement and expectation. Despite his age he really takes responsibility to try to make something happen. Some of his cross-field passes were lovely. He has a really good passing range and vision for his age. Great assist too for the goal. With Rooney out I wouldn't mind seeing him play the odd game at number ten, maybe in the cups again to start with. He tries some nice through balls, and we could really do with that kind of penetration through the middle. Maybe when Jones is back it'll be nice to play a CM of Carrick-Jones with Januzaj as a central attacking midfielder linking the play. Would be less risky with a more solid midfield behind him.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Wonderful assist for Welbeck.

Careless in possession in the first half and showed his age, but came alive when switched to the right hand side. Should be picked there ahead of Valencia by default.

He shouldn't be the one who shoulders our entire creative responsibility but he is, sadly.

Shark

@NotShark
It's been said a million times, but he's the one shining light of this season. The majority of our attacking players should start learning from him and he's only 18.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very good again. Actually willing to try things going forward rather than the default 'pass to the wingers' tactic.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's just a shame the rest of them aren't giving it as much as he appears to be. He has a spring in his step but his impact is halted by a lot of nothing going on around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.