Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I hope you will recruit Rabiot who would be in your current starting 11.

More suited for the Premier League than La Liga.

His agent is very demanding (bonus, salaries) but no transfer fees and you can sell him in 4-5 years at a very good price.

At the start of the season, the central midfield was Verratti-Rabiot but he refused to renew his contract as you know.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

His agent is very demanding (bonus, salaries) but no transfer fees and you can sell him in 4-5 years at a very good price.

At the start of the season, the central midfield was Verratti-Rabiot but he refused to renew his contract as you know.
Can Rabiot be the playmaker who can control the game? Because that’s what we’re lacking. Seeing Verratti dominate the midfield all by himself I just wonder if Rabiot can replicate even have of the control with ball at his feet.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Can Rabiot be the playmaker who can control the game? Because that’s what we’re lacking. Seeing Verratti dominate the midfield all by himself I just wonder if Rabiot can replicate even have of the control with ball at his feet.
No

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I would compare him with Pogba.

Under the right coach, Rabiot could be a box-to-box full of energy and with good passing skills.

Pogba is a great leader and I agree that another playmaker (advanced or deep-lying) would be the welcome.

In fact, the ideal recruit would be somebody like Xabi Alonso in terms of profile.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Under the right coach, Rabiot could be a box-to-box full of energy and with good passing skills.

Pogba is a great leader and I agree that another playmaker (advanced or deep-lying) would be the welcome.

In fact, the ideal recruit would be somebody like Xabi Alonso in terms of profile.
I don’t think he’ll fit in with Pogba in the same side, part of a major problem for us is there is only one CM in our team who can play against the press while moving the ball forward i.e. Pogba. Both Matic and Herrera just play it back as soon as opposition player gets near them so it’s very difficult to gain any rhythm going forward.

We need a player in Verratti’s mould, players who can keep the ball under pressure. @Invictus mentioned Tonali but I’ve no idea who he is and what he plays like.

I don’t think there are any Xabi Alonso our there atm, he was a phenomenal midfielder. I wish we’d competed to buy Frenkie De Jong who went to Barcelona.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don’t think he’ll fit in with Pogba in the same side, part of a major problem for us is there is only one CM in our team who can play against the press while moving the ball forward i.e. Pogba. Both Matic and Herrera just play it back as soon as opposition player gets near them so it’s very difficult to gain any rhythm going forward.

We need a player in Verratti’s mould, players who can keep the ball under pressure. @Invictus mentioned Tonali but I’ve no idea who he is and what he plays like.

I don’t think there are any Xabi Alonso our there atm, he was a phenomenal midfielder. I wish we’d competed to buy Frenkie De Jong who went to Barcelona.
I think he would fit in beautifully with Pogba, the only thing Rabiot doesn't want is to be a DM (which is nuts as it's his best position). Other than that he'd be a good midfield, he can pass short and long, intercept, very good first touch and he can run with the ball when needed. In all the years I've watched him, I've never doubted he could be a great midfielder, he's surrounded terribly and his ego is huge.

Exactly.

I'd put Herrera as the DM, bench Matic but use often off the bench and play Rabiot with Pogba ahead of them all.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

True that it's always great to have a deep-lying playmaker in a squad.

In the meantime, Rabiot is free next summer and in the rotation, he should be the welcome anywhere (including clubs like Real Madrid or PSG).

Ole is a coach who could take the most out of him and if I were Ole, I would take the gamble without hesitation.

We are talking about a player who is 23 years old and has several caps for France.

ArjenIsM3

I hope we get him just to stick it to PSG a bit. Don't like that club (no, has nothing to do with yesterday's result). He could add some much needed quality to our midfield.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I think he would fit in beautifully with Pogba, the only thing Rabiot doesn't want is to be a DM (which is nuts as it's his best position). Other than that he'd be a good midfield, he can pass short and long, intercept, very good first touch and he can run with the ball when needed. In all the years I've watched him, I've never doubted he could be a great midfielder, he's surrounded terribly and his ego is huge.

Exactly.

I'd put Herrera as the DM, bench Matic but use often off the bench and play Rabiot with Pogba ahead of them all.
I agree.

I do not think we are in a position where we can ignore a player like him on «free». If his attitude is terrible, that is a problem. But why would PSG and coaches like Emery and Tuchel make him essential and value him that highly if he was such a big problem?

He is a already a regular at a better team than Man Utd, and a player that can fit in everywhere in our midfield where we need more players. And at 23 I’m sure he will become even better.

I would probably prefer Ndombele. But we also need to buy a central defender, a replacement for Young and a right winger. Can we afford to spend money on a central midfielder if we can get Rabiot very cheap?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don’t think we are in a position where we can afford not to stockpile talents like this guy in a free.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I agree.

I do not think we are in a position where we can ignore a player like him on «free». If his attitude is terrible, that is a problem. But why would PSG and coaches like Emery and Tuchel make him essential and value him that highly if he was such a big problem?

He is a already a regular at a better team than Man Utd, and a player that can fit in everywhere in our midfield where we need more players. And at 23 I’m sure he will become even better.

I would probably prefer Ndombele. But we also need to buy a central defender, a replacement for Young and a right winger. Can we afford to spend money on a central midfielder if we can get Rabiot very cheap?
The potential is very interesting tbh. It's just about dealing with the rest

Nick7

I agree.

Very cheap is fine for the transfer fee, but whatever that fee was would essentially be paid to the player in a signing on fee. He would command huge wages.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Very cheap is fine for the transfer fee, but whatever that fee was would essentially be paid to the player in a signing on fee. He would command huge wages.
The players command huge wages, but I do think it usually end up at a lower cost.

Schneckerl

He's a very good player.

No idea if he has a 'bad attitude' or not. It's hard to know these things without being a supporter of the player's team.
Didn't want to go to the WC, because he wasn't guaranteed a starter role. Done with the NT under Deschamps.
Made a fuss about his new contract with PSG and got banished from the squad.

If that's not 'bad attitude', I don't know what is. It could all be his mom agent's influence, but that doesn't make it much better.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Some people say Pogba has a bad attitude with his constant hair colour changes. Some people say Rooney holding the club ransom for an increase in wages was bad attitude. Some say Andy Cole not getting along with Yorke is bad attitude. Some people say Cantona kicking a fan & his fallout with his NT manager are examples of bad attitude. Some even say Keane criticizing his colleagues & his fallout with his NT coach is bad attitude. Some say CR7 using us as a springboard to RM is bad attitude.

What constitutes 'bad attitude' is subjective. A quality manager always finds a way to deal with it & get the best out of the player in question.

I say that here we have a midfielder that one of the top 8 clubs in the world currently, are upset to lose. A midfielder that fits the United profile of signings - young, technically solid & full of potential. I'd go as far to say, on current ability, this 1995-born midfielder is possibly ahead of all 1994-born & younger midfielders at this stage. (Would love to hear who you guys think is better.. Rodrigo? Arthur? SMS? Keita? Goretzka? Surely not!)

Hope we sign Rabiot up!

settembrini

Didn't want to go to the WC, because he wasn't guaranteed a starter role. Done with the NT under Deschamps.
Made a fuss about his new contract with PSG and got banished from the squad.

If that's not 'bad attitude', I don't know what is. It could all be his mom agent's influence, but that doesn't make it much better.
This is what I'm talking about though. I read your first claim, google it to check and can't find a single story that supports it. Where did you get the idea from that Rabiot didn't go to the WC because he wasn't guaranteed a starting role? Everything I can find on google says that Deschamps left him out of the squad for some unknown reason and Rabiot declined to be on their standby list. If you think that still shows a bad attitude then fine but you have to admit it's nowhere near as bad as what you had just claimed he did.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
This is what I'm talking about though. I read your first claim, google it to check and can't find a single story that supports it. Where did you get the idea from that Rabiot didn't go to the WC because he wasn't guaranteed a starting role? Everything I can find on google says that Deschamps left him out of the squad for some unknown reason and Rabiot declined to be on their standby list. If you think that still shows a bad attitude then fine but you have to admit it's nowhere near as bad as what you had just claimed he did.
This.

MetoTTT

I think his attitude is questionable and his agent (mom) could be hard to deal with it. When a player refuse to be back up option for the french NT and says "no" to Tottenham because "he deserves a lot better", there's a problem. He could be an excellent player and play all over the midfield. If we have a good manager capable to deal the right way with him, he could be an awesome buy. I can understand he got frustrated with PSG, they've offered him a new deal one year before his contract expires. 3m€/year is a kind of lack of consideration for a player who "is important for the club" just because he came from the academy. Compare this to the wages L1 clubs are capable to pay (even Rami,Kehrer, Ben Arfa, Germain, Strootman, Glik, Alves,Mandada etc) could be considered as laughing and bad treatment.
His actual wage demands as free agent are crazy though. Agent Pogba could be an asset lowering that.
We've a very good midfield right now, we're lacking some extra quality and depth. He can offer both. So signing him could be a good thing IF we have the manager to deal with it. Pogba, Herrera, Matic, Fred, Rabiot and McT isn't bad for next season. The Glazers could maybe invest loudly in CB,RW and RB then (who knows!).

Last edited:

Schneckerl

I'm so sorry for the mistake. This changes everything…. he's still a wanker.
Bottom line is he managed to fall out with his club AND NT in the same year.

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I think his attitude is questionable and his agent (mom) could be hard to deal with it. When a player refuse to be back up option for the french NT and says "no" to Tottenham because "he deserves a lot better", there's a problem. He could be an excellent player and play all over the midfield. If we have a good manager capable to deal the right way with him, he could be an awesome buy. I can understand he got frustrated with PSG, they've offered him a new deal one year before his contract expires. 3m€/year is a kind of lack of consideration for a player who "is important for the club" just because he came from the academy. Compare this to the wages L1 clubs are capable to pay (even Rami,Kehrer, Ben Arfa, Germain, Strootman, Glik, Alves,Mandada etc) could be considered as laughing and bad treatment.
His actual wage demands as free agent are crazy though. Agent Pogba could be an asset lowering that.
We've a very good midfield right now, we're lacking some extra quality and depth. He can offer both. So signing him could be a good thing IF we have the manager to deal with it. Pogba, Herrera, Matic, Fred, Rabiot and McT isn't bad for next season. The Glazers could maybe invest loudly in CB,RW and RB then (who knows!).
1) Also heard this but we never know if it's really true. Maybe, it's just lies or a misquotation

2) He's 23 now and signed his current contract in 2014 at the age of 20 and the salary of Verratti was slightly higher at this time. Then, the club tried in the last 3 years to renew the contract but
-----> Rabiot wasn't an automatic starter until 2017 because of Matuidi, which explained why he rejected previous renewals offers
-----> Then, in 2017, the club decided to sell Matuidi to raise money and invest on Rabiot which has always been seen as the future of the club by the management.
-----> The strategy of his agent was to take the time to negotiate and try to capture a max of money and consider other opportunities. It was also a way to make sure the club trusts him

He could have signed a lucrative contract with PSG without problem (Kimpembe 7 millions per season) in the last seasons but like his mother/agent said "They want the freedom to move if needed" and Khelaifi did want to make him the local Steven Gerrard...

His reputation is really "overrated" in general

What do you mean by that? That he's better in high intensity matches with slightly more chaos?:lol:

Fracture90

I'm so sorry for the mistake. This changes everything…. he's still a wanker.
Bottom line is he managed to fall out with his club AND NT in the same year.
You can make a strong case he should have been there before for example Tolisso and N'Zonzi (though N'Zonzi did really good for Sevilla), same as you can make a case Martial should have been there before Lemar.

Also he hasn't really fallen out with the club and his teammates, Tuchel would very much play him now but PSG's owner has made the decision for Rabiot to be removed from the team.

He's definitely got an attitude issue for refusing to play as a DMF, thinking it's not the best role for him. Dunno if I can blame him when it comes to him refusing to be a standby backup though.

Fracture90

Forgot to mention that I think City will be looking closely at him. Guardiola has a pretty good chance to convince him to play as a DMF there.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You can make a strong case he should have been there before for example Tolisso and N'Zonzi (though N'Zonzi did really good for Sevilla), same as you can make a case Martial should have been there before Lemar.

Also he hasn't really fallen out with the club and his teammates, Tuchel would very much play him now but PSG's owner has made the decision for Rabiot to be removed from the team.

He's definitely got an attitude issue for refusing to play as a DMF, thinking it's not the best role for him. Dunno if I can blame him when it comes to him refusing to be a standby backup though.
You couldn't because Tolisso has been better than Rabiot with France and N'Zonzi is actually happy to play as a DM.

Fracture90

And you remember Rabiot playing well?
Actually now that you've mentioned it, I don't remember him playing for France at all, but that might be down to Deschamp's favourite formation being 4-2-3-1 and since Rabiot straight-up refused to play as DMF suppose there wasn't much place for him there. Pogba, Matuidi and Kante having a clear advantage in those positions.

JPRouve

Scout
Actually now that you've mentioned it, I don't remember him playing for France at all, but that might be down to Deschamp's favourite formation being 4-2-3-1 and since Rabiot straight-up refused to play as DMF suppose there wasn't much place for him there. Pogba, Matuidi and Kante having a clear advantage in those positions.
Nope, he has no problem playing in a midfield 2, the issue is with Thiago Motta's role. And Deschamps has nothing to do with it, Rabiot was the fourth midfielder for PSG until 2017.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Terrific player - but would need convincing he is the kind of 'character' we would sign.

Fracture90

Nope, he has no problem playing in a midfield 2, the issue is with Thiago Motta's role. And Deschamps has nothing to do with it, Rabiot was the fourth midfielder for PSG until 2017.
Well in that case I stand corrected.

Wouldn't him playing with let's say Pogba, mean he would have to take more defensive duties than the usual, essentially making his role a bit more similar to the role that Motta had in PSG?

JPRouve

Scout
Well in that case I stand corrected.

Wouldn't him playing with let's say Pogba, mean he would have to take more defensive duties than the usual, essentially making his role a bit more similar to the role that Motta had in PSG?
The issue isn't with defensive duties but the freedom to play box to box, a regista is generally not high up the pitch.

Fracture90

The issue isn't with defensive duties but the freedom to play box to box, a regista is generally not high up the pitch.
That's what I'm aiming at. In French NT Pogba's typically the first name on the list and since Deschamps prefer to go with 4-2-3-1 it leaves just one spot in the MF for a more defensive, more disciplined MF which would cover more for Pogba, that player being one of Kante or Matuidi. He prefers (well he thinks) he's better in more attacking position, whilst playing alongside Pogba in MF two requires from a player to be more disciplined and not to wonder a lot.

I do rate him and am hoping we will go for him this summer.

JPRouve

Scout
That's what I'm aiming at. In French NT Pogba's typically the first name on the list and since Deschamps prefer to go with 4-2-3-1 it leaves just one spot in the MF for a more defensive, more disciplined MF which would cover more for Pogba, that player being one of Kante or Matuidi. He prefers (well he thinks) he's better in more attacking position, whilst playing alongside Pogba in MF two requires from a player to be more disciplined and not to wonder a lot.

I do rate him and am hoping we will go for him this summer.
Not really. France switch between 4231 and 433 depending on personal and generally it's an hybrid with Matuidi on the left, Kanté and Pogba are equals and absolute starters. Also Rabiot last game for France was in a 433 with Kanté and Pogba.

Fracture90

Not really. France switch between 4231 and 433 depending on personal and generally it's an hybrid with Matuidi on the left, Kanté and Pogba are equals and absolute starters. Also Rabiot last game for France was in a 433 with Kanté and Pogba.
Yeah suppose they do switch between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 depending on the strength of the opponent.

Oh well guess you can't make a big case as to why Rabiot should've traveled to Russia ahead of Tolisso.

Either way fek Deschamps for not taking Martial instead of Lemar!

Status
Not open for further replies.